[modmodmod] SOI expanded

I will, thanks.
That's a good Idea, but I think I would prefer "Control all Indian Ocean ports not in Hindustan" Conquering all of Coastal India is too hard and ahistorical IMHO.

Not really. Conquering Yemen and Oman can be done without any losses, and the massive armies you have are more than enough to destroy Sindh, Gujurat, Malwa, and the Bahmanis. Southern Iran and Iraq are still independent/barbarian at this point, and the only real challenge is Egypt. Trust me, I've done it before.

Not really. Conquering Yemen and Oman can be done without any losses, and the massive armies you have are more than enough to destroy Sindh, Gujurat, Malwa, and the Bahmanis. Southern Iran and Iraq are still independent/barbarian at this point, and the only real challenge is Egypt. Trust me, I've done it before.

Except for Raithu in sinai, egypt has no indain ocean towns

Proposed as an alternative;) and no building for Estado de India?

I think that first of all it is necessary to modify the following:
Dehli Sultanate: no UU, UB, UP, UHV;
Beylik of Karaman: no UU, UB, UP, UHV;
Buyids: no UB, UP, UHV;
Bahmani Sultanate: no UU, UB, UP, UHV;
Kingdom of Kilikia: no UP, UHV;
Shaybanid: no UU, UB, UP, UHV;
Zengids: no UU, UB, UP, UHV;
+ new civs including arts for UB,UU.
Next step rework of many rebels cities spawn (that Saffarid dynasty can flipped Bam and Turbat for example).
Requires large corrections in Civilopedia.

P.S. Bobby Martnen, you forgot to reserve 2-3 posts for all development. Can you keep actual information in first post?

Adding Greece and Cyrenaica again raises the question:
1. Palm forest or any other terrain features(link post #53)
2. Rebuild some UHV for Fatimids, Ottomans etc
3. Resources in Greece? Silver(exhaustible) and marble in Attica, horses in Thessaly?

@SanJose - nothing has been developed yet, it is still all ideas.

I'd be open to all 3 suggestions of someone would help me with coding. I can't mod, hence this "idea generation thread" I was hoping I could find someone to mod it for me.

Respawns won't be playable.

I don't want Portugal's goals to be too hard, that's no fun.

And would any of you be interested in including Iberia, or should i only have the map expanded to include Greece? (I only think Greece should be added)

Going to Iberia would be going way beyond the scope of SoI. Greece makes sense because of its rather obvious links to Asia Minor with Byzantium and the Ottomans, and Libya was often connected to Egypt, but going any further west just wouldn't make very much sense in this mod.

And Portugal is actually very powerful in the hands of a player. Try it. No one on the Indian Ocean will beat you with your City Raider I and II Heavy Infantry and Cannons.

Well, I play on Epic speed too. ;)
While 1570 would work for Epic, 1590 would probably be better for Normal speed. Might need a bit of tinkering later, but it seems good.

Well, I play on Epic speed too.
While 1570 would work for Epic, 1590 would probably be better for Normal speed. Might need a bit of tinkering later, but it seems good.

I will just make it 1590. I can't mod at all, so i'd be lucky if I could get any UHVs to work.

And I have a good idea for portugals UP: All Stability Penalties and Mantainance costs reduced by 25%

Adding Greece and Cyrenaica again raises the question:
1. Palm forest or any other terrain features(link post #53)
2. Rebuild some UHV for Fatimids, Ottomans etc
3. Resources in Greece? Silver(exhaustible) and marble in Attica, horses in Thessaly?

I'll probably add Palm forest. And what should I change about the Fatimids and Ottoman's UHVs?

Add the required provinces (i.e. Cyrenaica for the Fatimids and the Balkans for the Ottomans). The Byzantine UHV will also have to be adjusted to account for the fact that they will have several more provinces in Europe.

Top Bottom