[modmodmod] The Sword of Islam Reborn

Nice ! Do you have the new upscaled XMLs for _Maps and _CityNameManager ? So that I can start to work on these
You would need to merge the current maps and citynamemanagers...IIRC, the citynamemanager is DrLoboto's with the western 15 tiles missing, most of that could be copied from the current one in the mod. With the province maps, it's the current one in the mod with the provinces stretched to accommodate the new parts...you could merge the one already in the mod with DrLoboto's.

Attachments

• SoIRPython.rar
    50.3 KB · Views: 20
@DrLoboto I'm really enjoying your mod so far, though I was wondering why a bunch of cities in central Asia Minor secede from the Byzantines when the Ottomans spawn. Was that something you added in, or did I mess up somehow?

@DrLoboto I'm really enjoying your mod so far, though I was wondering why a bunch of cities in central Asia Minor secede from the Byzantines when the Ottomans spawn. Was that something you added in, or did I mess up somehow?

No that's definitely intentional. If I'm remembering my reasoning correctly, it's because 1) the Ottomans would often spawn facing a massively, ahistorically powerful and unified Byzantine empire that would royally kick their asses, and 2) AI Karaman would almost never spawn organically so I made central Anatolia flip to Independents so it would reliably flip to Karaman after. Honestly, I probably nerfed AI Byzantium a bit too much. These flips were totally survivable as player Byzantium last I played, but that's certainly in part because I of course knew about them, and to be fair I haven't played as the Byzantines in a while.

No that's definitely intentional. If I'm remembering my reasoning correctly, it's because 1) the Ottomans would often spawn facing a massively, ahistorically powerful and unified Byzantine empire that would royally kick their asses, and 2) AI Karaman would almost never spawn organically so I made central Anatolia flip to Independents so it would reliably flip to Karaman after. Honestly, I probably nerfed AI Byzantium a bit too much. These flips were totally survivable as player Byzantium last I played, but that's certainly in part because I of course knew about them, and to be fair I haven't played as the Byzantines in a while.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm really liking your version, but I don't think I'll put that specific element into SoIR (if GregFred ever comes back to finish it), in part because I'm a Byzantophile, and in part, because I think that the Byzantines should at least have the ability to keep those cities if they build up a strong defense the way they can keep the cities that would otherwise flip to the Turk.

For the 1-2 of you who may have downloaded my personal modded version of SOI from the previous page - I made a few updates/changes:
Moved Kayseri a tile over to where it should be, added Koloneia/Aksaray as a city AI can found, added 'showBirthMessage' text for Portugal, changed certain UHV conditions to be less impossible with the larger map (religion spread, for instance), added one Islamic great general name, a couple misc terrain tweaks to make central anatolia a tad more productive.

Here's the updated link - Sword of Islam Modded

Edit- Added updated consts.py with Kayseri's new coordinates, make sure to change the file extension

Attachments

• Consts.py.xml
    145.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hello guys!

I know its a long time since my last message. I had pretty much to do (also exploring new great 1.18 DoC:crazyeye:).
But now I want to come back to SoIR and finish what I started (about a year ago I think).

So first thing for me is exploring this DLL stuff. I tried it somehow myself yesterday, but didn't work. Tomorrow I will study this guide by Leoreth. I hope I can get this done. I did Python/XML just in Notepad, but it seems to me for DLL I need something like a complex developing environment with visual studio.

But its nice to be back developing!

Glad to see you’re back! I’ve been hankering for a more in-depth middle east experience lately.

Hello guys!

I know its a long time since my last message. I had pretty much to do (also exploring new great 1.18 DoC:crazyeye:).
But now I want to come back to SoIR and finish what I started (about a year ago I think).

So first thing for me is exploring this DLL stuff. I tried it somehow myself yesterday, but didn't work. Tomorrow I will study this guide by Leoreth. I hope I can get this done. I did Python/XML just in Notepad, but it seems to me for DLL I need something like a complex developing environment with visual studio.

But its nice to be back developing!
Great to have you back! Did you see the expanded map I posted? (merging your map with DrLoboto's)

Yes, I saw it. Looks like great work! :thumbsup:
But I want to make the Bulgars and Serbs before I start thinking about merging the mods.
Loboto did not overstate that he did quite a few changes.

Yes, I saw it. Looks like great work! :thumbsup:
But I want to make the Bulgars and Serbs before I start thinking about merging the mods.
Loboto did not overstate that he did quite a few changes.
Thanks! We don't need to merge all of Loboto's changes...just the merged maps. (I'm not actually a fan of many of DrLoboto's changes, but I really like some of them and appreciate that he made his mod available and helped me get the bigger map working)

It's easier if we move over to the merged map first, since then we don't have to redo stuff for the merged map later.

It would be exciting to also have Hungary and Wallachia, with Vlad Dracula as leader.

I am not sure how it looks like when the whole north is empty. Or do you mean, we merge map and the civs, but no other changes to eg balancing?

But its true then it would be easier to start on the merged map. Of course then we have the space for some carpathian civs. After Kievan Rus there were also Moldavia and Lithuania.

I am not sure how it looks like when the whole north is empty. Or do you mean, we merge map and the civs, but no other changes to eg balancing?

But its true then it would be easier to start on the merged map. Of course then we have the space for some carpathian civs. After Kievan Rus there were also Moldavia and Lithuania.
Yes, that's what I mean. Merge the map and the civs, but don't add all of his other changes like increasing tile yields, making cities more likely to secede, etc...

(I'd also recommend adding the wonders he added)

Hello!
I started merging the two mods yesterday. Art and XML of Civs, Leaders and Wonders from DrLobotos mod should be basicly fine.
But of course the are some issues. The number of Civs is higher than the DLL allows, and the order in consts is wrong, so in civilopedia the civs are messed up.

I created a GitHub account with my current merging status. I hope this will make working together easier. Its my first time to work with GitHub, so it will be a learning process how it is to develop with other people.
https://github.com/GregFred187/SoIR

I also uploaded the latest stable release as v1.0.0 on GitHub and SourceForge and updated the front page to this release. If something should go terribly wrong, we have at least this.

Hello!
I started merging the two mods yesterday. Art and XML of Civs, Leaders and Wonders from DrLobotos mod should be basicly fine.
But of course the are some issues. The number of Civs is higher than the DLL allows, and the order in consts is wrong, so in civilopedia the civs are messed up.

I created a GitHub account with my current merging status. I hope this will make working together easier. Its my first time to work with GitHub, so it will be a learning process how it is to develop with other people.
https://github.com/GregFred187/SoIR

I also uploaded the latest stable release as v1.0.0 on GitHub and SourceForge and updated the front page to this release. If something should go terribly wrong, we have at least this.

If I'm not mistaken, the key .dll changes to allow for more civs are in CvDefines.h and CvEnums.h-

From my CvDefines:

#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS (46) // edead
#define NUM_MAJOR_PLAYERS (42) // edead: exclude minor civs

From my CvEnums:

// edead: start
BYZANTIUM,
MAKURIA,
ABBASIDS,
KHAZARS,
CHAUHAN,
MALWA,
OGHUZ,
SAMANIDS,
KHANIDS,

etc etc

In the same file, "enum BuildingTypes" is where new world wonders get added. I think the order of civs and wonders here has to match up with the order in Consts.py and CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml + CIV4BuildingInfos.xml.

Should probably be MAX_CIV_PLAYERS (50) and NUM_MAJOR_PLAYERS (46) since you plan to add Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, and Wallachia.

I just merged the MergedMap (thanks to HNation) and made it playable, not more. Old maps are not playable anymore so I deleted them.
Already updated GitHub.

This goes on!

How is the Frankocratia depicted in this mod, since the Balkans and Greece are included?

Top Bottom