MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

I just made a few test with IGE and looked at Civilopedia, and lumber needs oak and sawmill.
Thanks for the info
Maybe you could help me figure how to get Metalwork?
I've check a bit but wasnt able to get metalwork resource, i guess it need a building or something and its not supose to spawn on mao
Forge and Ironworks. I love the concept of HNR Lite, but I'm too tied up on my hand to ever do anything. If only modding was a job instead of a hobby! :sad:

@Enginseer Thanks for the info, I'll check this up .
i am at turn 20 and my game is going well.
I sometime think ther should be a way to donate to the modding community, via paypal or something, i could certainly afford a 20-40 box, content from this site is in some way as complete even more then a fireaxis expansion. now i am thinking of checking some tutorial and maybe try to edit the VP Tech Tree and add some of Ancient Tech Rebalanced mod's feature, and modify ancient era a little bit.
I dont know if it is supose to be, but Horseman are availlable after researching archery and archers are available after Trapping, wich anoy me a little bit.
The Roman Units from my mod are not affected by that issue.

@Enginseer Thanks for the info, I'll check this up .
i am at turn 20 and my game is going well.
I sometime think ther should be a way to donate to the modding community, via paypal or something, i could certainly afford a 20-40 box, content from this site is in some way as complete even more then a fireaxis expansion. now i am thinking of checking some tutorial and maybe try to edit the VP Tech Tree and add some of Ancient Tech Rebalanced mod's feature, and modify ancient era a little bit.
I dont know if it is supose to be, but Horseman are availlable after researching archery and archers are available after Trapping, wich anoy me a little bit.
The Roman Units from my mod are not affected by that issue.
Yeah that's correct. Archery is considered Military Theory and unlocks the first Horse unit, meanwhile it doesn't make sense for Trapping to work without a bow and arrow(am i gonna hit the bison with a stick after I trapped him and his attempts to get out is pretty easy) Your Roman Units aren't affected by it because they weren't made for Vox Populi. But no last time someone made an idea for a donation to the modding community, it went rather well. :nono:

Yeah that's correct. Archery is considered Military Theory and unlocks the first Horse unit, meanwhile it doesn't make sense for Trapping to work without a bow and arrow(am i gonna hit the bison with a stick after I trapped him and his attempts to get out is pretty easy) Your Roman Units aren't affected by it because they weren't made for Vox Populi. But no last time someone made an idea for a donation to the modding community, it went rather well. :nono:
Said like that, it make some sens.

A lot of thinking has been put into balancing the tech tree. I suggest you play VP a bit before considering changes to the tech tree, you will probably find out that the current state is very balanced for the gameplay.

A lot of thinking has been put into balancing the tech tree. I suggest you play VP a bit before considering changes to the tech tree, you will probably find out that the current state is very balanced for the gameplay.
you are right. Anyway who am i to critic the hard work of real civ fanatics and also great modders. I am just gonna enjoy the game with all this new content.

Last edited:
I did not take it as a criticism (I am not a VP dev anyway), but really, it has been discussed a LOT in the past and as VP introduces new mechanics, you may not see all the reasoning behind the tech tree structure and the fine balance at first, coming from vanilla.

Yeah. more i play more it makes sens. I am at turn 153 now and i like the new concepts, like limt of military units depends on cities and citizen, the events, lots of cool thing.
the only bug i have is the events from policies ( like free setler from collective rule and golden age trigger from representation) doesnt occur. The policy tree itself also look to be messed up. But i dont know if CBP modifies order of policies or if it is a bug. I can make happen with IGE tho. I assume playing with all those mods together might cause some issues.

Yeah. more i play more it makes sens. I am at turn 153 now and i like the new concepts, like limt of military units depends on cities and citizen, the events, lots of cool thing.
the only bug i have is the events from policies ( like free setler from collective rule and golden age trigger from representation) doesnt occur. The policy tree itself also look to be messed up. But i dont know if CBP modifies order of policies or if it is a bug. I can make happen with IGE tho. I assume playing with all those mods together might cause some issues.

Guessing that you aren't playing it natively in english - switch to native english and the policy text etc. will be correct.

G

Spoilered Mod list
Spoiler :

(1) Community Patch
(2) Community Balance Overhaul
(3) CSD for CBP
(4) Civ IV Diplomatic Features
(5) More Luxuries
(6c) 43 Civs CP
Buildings - Upgrade System (v 12)
Community Patch Mod Compatibility (v 14)
Custom Advanced Setup Screen (v 5)
Easy Promotions (v 1)
Global - 2 Units Per Fort (v 1)
Global - 3 Units Per City (v 1)
Global - Allies Block Blockades (v 3)
Global - Barbarian XP Level 6 (v 2)
Global - Capture Great People (v 1)
Global - City State Airbases (v 4)
Global - City States Overseas Territory (v 1)
Global - City Working Distance (v 7)
Global - Civilians Move After Purchase (v 2)
Global - Espionage Race (v 3)
Global - Espionage Reports (v 3)
Improvement - Airbases (v 14)
Improvement - Tunnel (v 5)
Industrial Building Pack (v 2)
InfoAddict (v 22)
Ingame Editor (v 39)
JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 13)
JFD's Cultural Diversity (Soundtrack)
Maps - Rotate Start Position (v 11)
National Wonder Collection (v 3)
Natural Wonders Maximum Spawn (v 1)
Neolithic Wonders (v 1)
New Promotions pack (v 14)
PerfectWorld 3 (v 4)
Promotions - Ancient Ruins Choice (v 2)
Promotions - Expansion Pack (v 9)
Promotions - Flagship (v 2)
Quick Turns (v 10)
R.E.D. HotFix (v 3)
R.E.D. Modpack (v 27)
R.E.D. Xtreme (v 27)
Reforestation (v 9)
Strategic Buildings Pack (v 2)
Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)
Terrain - Pontoon Bridge (v 3)
Thals FlagPromotions
UI - Enhanced Demographics (v 6)
UI - Military Log (v 2)
Units - Missiles No Supply (v 1)
Wonder Race (v 1)

I was wondering what I was doing wrong since I cannot get past 3 levels and a bunch of xp's when I'm fighting barbarians with that list... Pretty sure I changed the Barbarian_max_xp_value to -1 on that barbarian xp whoward mod and it doesn't really do anything... Also, I'm used to raging barbarians on keeping an advantage on higher difficulties(Emperor), and VP just makes it even better.

@Enginseer: Thank you for the heads-up concerning lack of mod-dependencies causing some mods to load too early and having their effects wiped out but subsequent VP modules in the mod load order.

I added/copied dependencies for the VP modules into @whoward69's Global - Barbarian XP Level 3 (v2) and it is now effective.

@Lifariz: As @Enginseer informed me, some mods need to load after VP to be effective.

I added the following lines of code to the MODINFO file to successfully alter its load order :

Code:
  <Dependencies>
    <Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Patch" />
    <Mod id="8411a7a8-dad3-4622-a18e-fcc18324c799" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Balance Patch" />
    <Mod id="eead0050-1e3f-4178-a91f-26cf1881ac39" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="CSD" />
    <Mod id="c7bf7064-d1b1-4708-9e93-7a1560868582" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="C4DF" />
    <Mod id="ef8387f0-b053-4c84-90ce-c3c5cb21a580" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Patch Events" />
  </Dependencies>

@Lifariz: As @Enginseer informed me, some mods need to load after VP to be effective.

I added the following lines of code to the MODINFO file to successfully alter its load order :

Code:
  <Dependencies>
    <Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Patch" />
    <Mod id="8411a7a8-dad3-4622-a18e-fcc18324c799" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Balance Patch" />
    <Mod id="eead0050-1e3f-4178-a91f-26cf1881ac39" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="CSD" />
    <Mod id="c7bf7064-d1b1-4708-9e93-7a1560868582" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="C4DF" />
    <Mod id="ef8387f0-b053-4c84-90ce-c3c5cb21a580" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Patch Events" />
  </Dependencies>
ohhh, I see. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Did you also experience real glitches damaging game experience ? On my side, a few turns after a reload, something gets odd with number calculations.
This is how I left the game (after a fairly long session):

After a reload, my happiness counts remains as it is there for a few seconds, then updates to this:

If you review the bookkeeping here, the second screen has it right. In the first one, the game apparently let me go into massive unhappiness, as a substantial amount of unhappiness is not taken into account, for some reason. Note also that, in the first screen, playing on King, I get 14 happiness from difficulty level.

Additionally, I found myself able to build more than 3 Writers' Guilds after a few turns into the game, but I didn't pay attention, until sh*t happened as you can see...
bro,, plz tell me your mods as you have very nice data display on your game screen,, i use CBP with city in development mod

Enlightenment Era Compatibility 4.2 must be add to the Compatible "out of the box" list I believe.
So far I completed 3 games Huge map / Marathon without any bug or major unbalance issue (More than 1200 turns)

CBO-EE v4.2 is stable and is probably the most stuning MOD to load along with VP
What you get is a entirely new Era between Renaissance and Industrial with new Buildings, Wonders and units.

Infixo is doing the job very seriously and recently stated : "while working on CBO-EE I had one key rule - limit changes to the original VP to minimum"
I like that.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/enlightenment-era-compatibility-contd.610282/

-
By the way Wonder Race is now version 6.

Last edited:
Also, why is Emigration on both the tweak and incompatible list? Instructions not clear please advise.
Someone made a compatible file for it, but as VP/Emigration got updated, that file became obsolete.

Enlightenment Era Compatibility 4.2 must be add to the Compatible "out of the box" list I believe.
So far I completed 3 games Huge map / Marathon without any bug or major unbalance issue (More than 1200 turns)

CBO-EE v4.2 is stable and is probably the most stuning MOD to load along with VP
What you get is a entirely new Era between Renaissance and Industrial with new Buildings, Wonders and units.

Infixo is doing the job very seriously and recently stated : "while working on CBO-EE I had one key rule - limit changes to the original VP to minimum"
I like that.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/enlightenment-era-compatibility-contd.610282/

-
By the way Wonder Race is now version 6.

Sorry for the late reply. You cannot play with the original EE, you have to use the Infixo's VP version. This is why I won't move the mod to the compatible list and keep it in the "Compatible after tweaking some files / need special CBP version" list.

If mod installed button diplomacy menu don't work. But if press F4 menu will open.
  • Future Worlds
Has not played to the end but if delete in (2) Community Balance Overhaul l\Balance Changes\Tech\TechChanges.sql lines Tech Prereqs

Technologies of the future era will stand in a series as it is necessary

Top Bottom