Module - Hiawatha - Native America

I haven't tested it yet, so let's not get too ahead of ourselves. I am wondering though; is there any way I could use the BG from CivIII Hiawatha for this one?

This is the first draft of Hiawatha. I call it that because I still have some lighting to fix and the background is just a place-holder. I will probably also change some of his animations (or all of them) and alter his nose but right now I think it looks good. Here are some in-game shots.

Anyway I did a few touch ups, I darkened his skin, made his chest a little more pronounced and detailed (not that much though), and made the area on top of his head where his hair would have been shaved off a bit lighter so it looks like it was, well, shaved.

Depending on how often he shaves it, it would not be any lighter :)

Now I gotta find a new BG, not that there was anything wrong with the old one but I want to put him in the forest with maybe a longhouse around or something.

I doubt you can use the old one, here are a few longhouse pics that might be suitable though

He looked really good in the nifscope image. Once you put him with a background his hair looked all plastic again. I think maybe you need to up the contrast in the mohawk. Looking really good though, I'd be happy to use him as is, and am looking forward to putting your finished project in game.

He looked really good in the nifscope image. Once you put him with a background his hair looked all plastic again. I think maybe you need to up the contrast in the mohawk. Looking really good though, I'd be happy to use him as is, and am looking forward to putting your finished project in game.

Well, I had to alter his hair because I am going to use him as a leader in my upcoming mod and his "partner" for the Iroquois will be Deganawida, and I am going to use Logan as Deganawida so they can't have the exact same hair, that'd be weird. I see what you mean though, it might be a material property issue, like I said I haven't finished this LH yet so your point is noted.

Why don't you use him as Logan?

This is the first draft of Hiawatha. I call it that because I still have some lighting to fix and the background is just a place-holder. I will probably also change some of his animations (or all of them) and alter his nose but right now I think it looks good. Here are some in-game shots.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That is AWESOME! Just change the BG and it's done! Epic pwnage.

I actually like the current background. The leaderhead overall looks wonderful - one I've been waiting on for quite some time. Thank you muchly for finishing it.

I haven't tested it yet, so let's not get too ahead of ourselves. I am wondering though; is there any way I could use the BG from CivIII Hiawatha for this one?

the civ3 one will require you drawing over the leaderhead in its place.

Your current BG is nice maybe if you blur ita little it'll be alright. If I have time I'll dif up a BG with similar colors.

I tried texturing with a civ3 leaderhead before (mursilis) but sometimes its too much work and doesn't come out as well.

great job on the leaderhead! I guess your finishing up all my incomplete scraps :lol: I appreciate it!

It would be pretty sweet if Bernie would agree to retexture this one too...

:mischief:

As far as the background goes though; if you ONLY blurred the green parts (by that I mean leaving the trunk of the tree to the left and the yellow/orange/red parts as they are it would give it a nice looking 3D appearance. Also is there a way to make it look like there is a rolling mist/fog? I think that would give it an awesome look.

Comparing the mockup Hiawatha vs the Civ 3 one. he seems a bit skinnier, has less wide nose and thin line-like eyebrows.

That being said, it's not really necessary to completely copy every detail from the Civ 3 LH as other leaderheads don't resemble their Civ 3 incarnations (ie Ghandi).

I think you're refurbished Hiawatha is looking good, I conjecture that overall he should be thinner though as that is probably more likely for a Native American body type at the time.

Comparing the mockup Hiawatha vs the Civ 3 one. he seems a bit skinnier, has less wide nose and thin line-like eyebrows.

That being said, it's not really necessary to completely copy every detail from the Civ 3 LH as other leaderheads don't resemble their Civ 3 incarnations (ie Ghandi).

I think you're refurbished Hiawatha is looking good, I conjecture that overall he should be thinner though as that is probably more likely for a Native American body type at the time.

:wallbash:

(10 chars)

This was not intended to replicate Hiawatha from Civ III. I was asked to touch up the leaderhead, and I went a few steps further. I am not going to edit the model that drastically.

I think the CivIII one looks kind of goofy myself. I rather like the new version. Yeah, he is built more solidly, but I don't see why that's a problem. He contrasts nicely with the Logan leaderhead, while still seeming similar enough to belong to the same people. He also has enough differentiation (assuming different animations) to separate himself from his Shaka roots (the nose especially helps). He's also already considerably more thin than Shaka methinks.

I can also give him Brennus, Huayna Capac and Ragnar animations according to the animation chart, currently (I think, since I only edited the original model) he has Shaka's animations

Someone gave him Saladin animations...

It would be pretty sweet if Bernie would agree to retexture this one too...

:mischief:

As far as the background goes though; if you ONLY blurred the green parts (by that I mean leaving the trunk of the tree to the left and the yellow/orange/red parts as they are it would give it a nice looking 3D appearance. Also is there a way to make it look like there is a rolling mist/fog? I think that would give it an awesome look.

if you change the bg to use boudicca's files you'll get the fog (which will be sweet) just change the bg.dds in the nif to use your current one. of course you might have to reposition it because LH's have cameras positioned with their respective BGs. bu you know how to handle that.

Top Bottom