[Module] No Linked Builds

Milaga

Prince
This is a quick fix that removes linked builds from workers. This means that elves can once again build in forests after researching Mining and lizards can build in the jungle after researching Sanitation.

Because I needed to completely redefine most of the tags in the CIV4BuildInfos.xml file it is highly recommended you load this module first. If you made any edits to this file to speed up workers building improvements, this module will overwrite those changes.

Spoiler Version 1.2 - 2010.08.20 :
* Linkedbuilds were accidentally re-enabled in 1.1. Fixed it.
Spoiler Version 1.1 - 2010.08.18 :
* Removed tech requirements for building improvements in jungles and forests.
* Removed unchanged builds so as not to interfere with other modules
* Fixed a bug where some improvements were accidentally given Mining as a prerequisite for their construction
Spoiler Version 1.0 - 2010.08.16 :
* Linked builds have been removed from all worker build orders.
* Building an improvement that requires clearing jungle needs the Sanitation tech.
* Building an improvement that requires clearing forests need the Mining tech.
To install, extract the archive into the the Rise from Erebus/Assets/Modules/LoadOrderVitalModules/FirstLoad directory.

Activating, deactivating or updating this module should not break game saves.

Attachments

• No Linked Builds 1.2.rar
    12 KB · Views: 331
I fixed a bug and removed the tech requirements for building in forests/jungle. First post updated.

You know, hot fixes or temporary patches could often be done like a module like this one in the future. Should ease the transition for us and the players as we work on making the full patch available. Cause sometimes we have a bugfix, but we aren't ready to release the patch yet.

Using this module my ljosalfar workers still clear forests. Pretty sure its installed correctly, it shows up on rife launcher and loading it on first load.

In the game I tried earlier to test this i also had no more terraforming loaded but other than that default settings. I don't think they started clearing forests until i had teched bronze working.

Ooops, I accidentally broke this module when I released 1.1. It did absolutely nothing.

New, fixed and tested version in the first post.

Rock on. Thanks.

Also, if this was in "hotfixes" section (the first post) of the Rife 1.3 thread, I would've found it earlier. ;)

So, loading this first means I can't doubleclick on the game save, I have to open the game, run RifE, load the module, and then load the game save?

You just have to set it to "Load in first pass" once, then you can double click as usual.

Cool. Thanks

Top Bottom