Since this mod doubles the tech tree, how long should a Standard game last? (Normally 500 turns)

• 2x as long (1000 turns)

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • 1.75x as long (875 turns)

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 1.5x as long (750 turns)

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 1.25x as long (630 turns)

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
Finally got around to completing a game with this mod. Overall, it definitely makes the whole gameplay experience a lot more lengthy and enjoyable, especially the future eras in the late-game. There are a few things I came across while playing, which I'll list here.

• AI speedrun through the prehistoric eras for whatever reason. That rapid tech advancement seems to end the moment they enter the ancient era, which I found odd. After that, they slowly fell behind in technology.
  • Future improvements are pretty useless. Farms produce a lot of food when at max (19 food I believe?), even more with wheat. The genocentres are actually outperformed by farm improvements. Even if they improve wheat resources and are next to cities, they are still produce less. Hydroponic domes and arcologies are equally useless as they can't improve the same resources as genocentres and don't really produce anymore food. I feel like a buff to these improvements might make them worth building in the late-game (not to the point it becomes unbalanced, obviously).
  • Laser and Railgun SAMs models don't appear for whatever reason and end up causing my game to crash. It might be some interference from other mods, will edit this if that's the case.
  • Some of the icons in the technologies in the tech tree don't seem to appear. Once again, could be from one of the other mods I run, but not sure.
  • Line infantry from the Enlightenment era have the same model as the field guns. Also not sure if this was intentional, but the Tercio doesn't upgrade to line infantry at all. Applies to the Musketman to Skirmisher upgrade as well. (Might be the same with the knight to whatever the mounted unit is in the Enlightenment era. I don't usually have mounted units, so I'm not sure.)
Overall, things seem to be flushed out to an acceptable level, definitely makes me want to play with VP more. I think if the above are addressed and (possibly) fixed, you'll have yourself an excellent extension of the tech tree. If I could make these fixes myself, I would. Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with how XML/Lua or any of the other technical things work, so I'm listing these things here. Other than that, I think this is a great mod and I'm sure it has a lot of potential. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and before I forget, I don't think the AI knows how to manage Health & Plague at all. While it isn't really that big of an issue, it does put AI at a disadvantage when competing against the player in terms of population growth and other things I'm probably forgetting to mention. The Health & Plague systems is also the issue for bonus resources like wheat and sheep being classified as strategic resources (for whatever reason).

Last edited:
O men!!! this is my favorite mod,you make all eras copambility together,i play one game in marathon but i dont finish all eras, yes it have some problems but i dont care meybe you fix that in next updates. you dont leeve this mod
i see like Nexmury
-some of the icons in the technologies in the tech tree don't seem to appear
-Line infantry from the Enlightenment era have the same model as the field guns
-and for Cityscape art missing, if you or AI begin start one wonder of this file {more tech>wonders>TheopetraCave XML} the next turn art of city missing ,but if you bield more bieldings later in city the art appear again.
sorry i dont speak english very good ,i hope offer little help

Hope someone is still active in this thread to help me out, I installed Vox Populi 4.2.7 as well as Wonders Expanded, both of which are required for this mod to work. However both Wonders Expanded and MoreTech still say "mods have missing required discrepencies".

I have tried clearing cache, modsaves, saves, unsubbed from all steam mods and deleted all mods before installing VP, wonders and moretech. And yet the same problem persists.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Should I download an older version of VP, and if so which version?

Attachments

• Discrepencies.png
    Discrepencies.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Wonders expanded is a years-old mod that refers to a just as old version of VP, which over time merged different "submods" into the "(2)" mod.
Open "(9) Wonders Expanded (v 2).modinfo" file with notepad and delete the highlighted rows in the pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 41
Wonders expanded is a years-old mod that refers to a just as old version of VP, which over time merged different "submods" into the "(2)" mod.
Open "(9) Wonders Expanded (v 2).modinfo" file with notepad and delete the highlighted rows in the pic.
It worked! :D

Had to do the same with MoreTech. Thank you very much!

Did the exact same deletion jarcast2 said above to do, didn't seem to help make this mod in specific work. Tried deleting some things in moretech modinfo as suggested above, which lets the mod boot but insta CTD's whenever I try to start a new game. What else exactly should one do to get it working? (Using exact same mods, file deletions and versions.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom