[R&F] Mongolia First Look

The page seems messed up. Is anyone else just getting a black field?
Yep, it's the same for me. I'm glad I'm not alone. :cry:

I'm hoping Firaxis will fix this soon.

Well, I think civs should try to close themselves off to Mongolia. Don't accept embassies, or anything that will raise diplo visibility. Focus on anti-cavalry units and city walls.

Maybe "dislikes civs that reject his delegations"?

This sounds Like a very compelling agenda.

Remember what Ghengis did to the man who killed his envoy?

Also, I believe it was the Caliph that banked on hiding behind walls. Ghengis had a quote about it that I'm forgetting.

If they get him right, he could be a great personality. Give him favorable trades and attention or he'll raze your cities to the ground.

You guessed he would hate you if you reject his delegation? If so, I think you nailed it. Historically accurate and thematically appropriate.

WRT accepting or rejecting, you're damned if you do or damned if you don't.

Cut/paste mostly for the link and quote:

Next Sneak Peak

Genghis Khan wanted trade and goods, including new weapons, for his nation. A Mongol caravan of several hundred merchants approached a recently formed Khwarezmian Empire in Persia and Central Asia. That empire's sultan received them by having the chief of the envoys killed and the beards of the others burned, and he sent the other envoys back to Genghis Khan.

Genghis Khan retaliated. In the coldest of months he and his Mongols rode across the desert to Transoxiana, with no baggage, slowing to the pace of merchants before appearing as warriors in front of the smaller towns of the sultan's empire. His strategy was to frighten townspeople into surrendering without battle, benefiting his own troops, whose lives he valued. Those frightened into surrender were spared violence. Those who resisted were slaughtered as an example for others, which sent many fleeing and spreading panic from the first towns to the city of Bukhara. People in Bukhara opened the city's gates to the Mongols and surrendered. Genghis Khan told them that they, the common people, were not at fault, that high-ranking people among them had committed great sins that inspired God to send him and his army as punishment. The city of Samarkand surrendered. The sultan's army surrendered, and the sultan fled.
http://www.fsmitha.com/h3/h11mon.htm

He wants to be your friend. Trust him.

Cut/paste mostly for the link and quote:

Next Sneak Peak

Genghis Khan wanted trade and goods, including new weapons, for his nation. A Mongol caravan of several hundred merchants approached a recently formed Khwarezmian Empire in Persia and Central Asia. That empire's sultan received them by having the chief of the envoys killed and the beards of the others burned, and he sent the other envoys back to Genghis Khan.

Genghis Khan retaliated. In the coldest of months he and his Mongols rode across the desert to Transoxiana, with no baggage, slowing to the pace of merchants before appearing as warriors in front of the smaller towns of the sultan's empire. His strategy was to frighten townspeople into surrendering without battle, benefiting his own troops, whose lives he valued. Those frightened into surrender were spared violence. Those who resisted were slaughtered as an example for others, which sent many fleeing and spreading panic from the first towns to the city of Bukhara. People in Bukhara opened the city's gates to the Mongols and surrendered. Genghis Khan told them that they, the common people, were not at fault, that high-ranking people among them had committed great sins that inspired God to send him and his army as punishment. The city of Samarkand surrendered. The sultan's army surrendered, and the sultan fled.
http://www.fsmitha.com/h3/h11mon.htm

He wants to be your friend. Trust him.

If only he had sent the convoy to Leonidus' Sparta. Hellsa good movie!

Babylon being out bodes well for me since that's less competition for Phoenicia, or at least some other new civ from that general region.

Mongols themselves look fantastic and are definitely a better way to get the hype going than I was expecting. Genghis looks awesome too, even if he's a V returnee. Probably my favorite civ they've revealed so far, even in spite of being effectively another war civ. Only problem is that it took so long for them to get here in the first place... which, uh, is certainly not something one would think to say about the Mongols.

!!! ATTENTION !!!

Once war is declared, any delegations are automatically removed, meaning that the visibility bonus disappeared. In other words, accepting Genghis' delegation does not increase his power if you go to war with him later. The same holds true for embassies.

!!! ATTENTION !!!

Once war is declared, any delegations are automatically removed, meaning that the visibility bonus disappeared. In other words, accepting Genghis' delegation does not increase his power if you go to war with him later. The same holds true for embassies.

But what of the visibility from his trade routes? Would that also go away after he declares war on the Civ? I'm assuming not.

But what of the visibility from his trade routes? Would that also go away after he declares war on the Civ? I'm assuming not.

The trade routes disappear, the trading post does not.

But the only way you can stop him from sending a trade route to you is being in a permanent state of war, and as soon as there's been a trade route to your city for even one turn it doesn't matter anymore.

!!! ATTENTION !!!

We know this. Its been part of the game for some time now. Not to mention you posted this same info a short time ago.

We are just having fun. Why spoil it?

Top Bottom