1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Monopolies and Corporations Game Mode Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Ansive

Ansive Prince

So I played a game with this mode and managed to figure out the tourism bonus formula.

If you haven't built an Industry or Corporation improvement
    - 1% global tourism for each improvement * number of players which don't own the resource
    After you build the Industry or Corporation it gets tripled
    - 3% global tourism for each improvement * number of players which don't own the resource

Examples:
    • player has a 2 resource monopoly (2/2 or 2/3) in a 4 player game:
      • 1% * 2r * 3p = 6% (no Industry or Corporation, single controlling player)
      • 3% * 2r * 3p = 18% (Industry or Corporation built, single controlling player)
      • 3% * 2r * 2p = 12% (Industry or Corporation built, one other controlling player)
    • player has a 3 resource monopoly (3/3 or 3/4 or 3/5) in a 10 player game:
      • 1% * 3r * 9p = 27% (no Industry or Corporation, single controlling player)
      • 3% * 3r * 9p = 81% (Industry or Corporation built, single controlling player)
      • 3% * 3r * 7p = 63% (Industry or Corporation built, two other controlling players)
    • player has a 6 resource monopoly (6/6 or 6/7 or 6/8 or 6/9) in a 12 player game:
      • 1% * 6r * 11p = 66% (no Industry or Corporation, single controlling player)
      • 3% * 6r * 11p = 198% (Industry or Corporation built, single controlling player)
      • 3% * 6r * 8p = 144% (Industry or Corporation built, three other controlling players)

It's better than what it used to be, but still too powerful.

Should change the tourism modifier from 1%(base) / 3%(improved) to 1% / 2%.
    Or just remove the multiplier for number of players, since it does not make sense. In a 2 player game the modifier is much smaller than a 12 player game, even though each resource is still tied to a continent.
    Or even better, each monopoly to get 5% flat + 1% * number of improved resources. Players that own the resource do not get the modifier.

Hellenism Salesman and AriaLyric like this.
  2. cain3456

cain3456 King

Playing another game as the Mapuchi on Emperor, with opponents from the Americas, plus Australia. I got Maui early and he is just bonkers with corporations. Send him to a desert or jungle and just let him do his thing.

Haig likes this.
  3. AlexandriaWolf

AlexandriaWolf Chieftain

So could some kind soul point me to the information that tells me how to make products in my Stock Exchanges, etc.? I've yet to figure this out!

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  4. AriaLyric

AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder Vietnam & Māori Main

you make products in cities that have corporations, which you make by using up a great merchant to upgrade an industry when you have either 1) 3 improved copies of that resource, or 2) every copy of that resource, if there's less in the world than 3.
    You have to have open product slots somewhere in your empire to make those products, but they don't have to be in the same city. The option to make a product is way down at the bottom of the list of things a city can produce, and must be made using production (can't be bought).

Pfeffersack likes this.
  5. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

Just to clarify this point, it's under the "City Projects" tab, where you repair defences, build nukes, run the Space Race projects and the various District based projects for get GPS etc.

kaspergm and AriaLyric like this.
  6. AlexandriaWolf

AlexandriaWolf Chieftain

AriaLyric likes this.
  7. goatdeer

goatdeer Chieftain

Unfortunately, I'm still not able to use these products, because every time when I produce them, the Great Works Tab (where you can find your products) goes broken. How has this not been fixed yet?

8. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

It works for most people I believe. Do you maybe have a mod active that either has not updated or needs updating to accommodate them?

9. Alaindor

Alaindor Warlord

It works fine for me too

10. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

I think that flaw is related to DB caching transition steps.
    The structural components are being exposed to SaveGame parameters when they shouldn't in some cases -- so the debug flow gets stalled while the Save file(s) try to recognize what should go where and why.

For me .. eventually a few of my oldish saves started to process the required Data properly once SQL had gently picked up the buggy slack. Weird.

11. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

It's immensely frustrating that not a one of the NFP game modes is remotely balanced, or in the case of Monopolies & Corporations even working properly.

JifMoose and Ansive like this.
  12. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

Secret Societies is not too bad, now that Ley lines were buffed and cultists nerfed. The major issue is not knowing where the ley lines are in advance, and ley lines not having a base yield. If they changed that, swapped the tier 2 and 3 promotions around, and made Vampire castles dynamically update yields, then we would have a much better mode.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Depravo, Zaarin and Buktu like this.
  13. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Prince

This is what happens when you don’t playtest anything

Timewarp and Depravo like this.