[NFP] Monopolies and Corporations Game Mode Discussion Thread

Curiously, in my current game, I could suddenly build Corporations on resources I only had 2 of, which were the only 2 existing of those resources in the world (i.e. I controlled 2/2 of those resources). I reckon perhaps some mod allowed this without me being aware.
I do think if there are instances where there are fewer than 3 copies, such as only 2, you would only need both with an Industry on one. That's according to the wiki so nothing to do with a mod. :)

I do think if there are instances where there are fewer than 3 copies, such as only 2, you would only need both with an Industry on one. That's according to the wiki so nothing to do with a mod. :)
Can confirm. It's one of the reasons Maui was so OP before they made it so he couldn't spawn luxuries that didn't already exist on the map.

I have made the tests, and this is true.
  • If you have 2/2 Luxury resources, then you can use a Great Merchant and found a Corporation.
  • If you have 2/3 Luxury resources, then you cannot use the Great Merchant: it says you need 3 Luxury resources.
  • If you have 1/1 Luxury resource, you cannot establish an Industry therefore you are unable to found a Corporation.

Oh thanx for clarifying this, not sure how I could have missed this.

Not sure if anybody tested this, but what is situation if there are initially three resources on the map and then one gets removed, will you be able to found corporation if you have the remaining two copies, or will it "remember" the original third instance?

Not sure if anybody tested this, but what is situation if there are initially three resources on the map and then one gets removed, will you be able to found corporation if you have the remaining two copies, or will it "remember" the original third instance?

I have tested Anansi and the removal of Luxury resources: it works. I needed to reload the map that didn't processed there are only 2 Luxury resources left. But it works.

After all, why expand your empire in order to control all the Luxury resources in the world when you can just erase those who you don't own? You will not gain additional Tourism modifier since the formula is function on how many resources you have and how many civilizations don't have it, but you will gain the 25 GPT more easily from a full monopoly.

I have tested Anansi and the removal of Luxury resources: it works. I needed to reload the map that didn't processed there are only 2 Luxury resources left. But it works.

After all, why expand your empire in order to control all the Luxury resources in the world when you can just erase those who you don't own? You will not gain additional Tourism modifier since the formula is function on how many resources you have and how many civilizations don't have it, but you will gain the 25 GPT more easily from a full monopoly.
For those of us using the "remove all resources" mod, it's also good to know that you can potentially remove a resource that sits in a horrible spot without blocking your option of getting a Corporation.

• If you have 1/1 Luxury resource, you cannot establish an Industry therefore you are unable to found a Corporation.
I went further: what if you have 1/1 Luxury resource, but you already have an Industry on it? For example, you established the Industry when you had 2 of them, then removed one with Anansi or Climate Change...

And the answer is... Yes, as long you reload to update the game. I guess the game only check either you have a full monopoly or at least 3 duplicates in order to upgrade an Industry into a Corporation.

Top Bottom