Monthly Competitions Submissions Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to submit something but just have a question first. It's my Wood Elf Buildings pack. They are a double conversion; that is they are a conversion of civ 4 graphics done by Walter Hawkwood, but he converted them from the game Kohan II in the first place. He gave me permission to use his Civ 4 versions to make my civ 3 versions. So do they count as conversions or as being worked on by more than one artist? Do I need to get Walter to express his permission in this thread if I submit them, or does it not matter since they are really a conversion since he didn't create them for Civ 3?

I like to submit something but just have a question first. It's my Wood Elf Buildings pack. They are a double conversion; that is they are a conversion of civ 4 graphics done by Walter Hawkwood, but he converted them from the game Kohan II in the first place. He gave me permission to use his Civ 4 versions to make my civ 3 versions. So do they count as conversions or as being worked on by more than one artist? Do I need to get Walter to express his permission in this thread if I submit them, or does it not matter since they are really a conversion since he didn't create them for Civ 3?

Bottom line: You should credit who you think should be credited. After all, it will be you who they will confront if there is an issue.

I wouldn't think that Walter should have a problem, since you already have his permission to use his work.

It is probably best to mention both, a least on your thread.

Both my thread and the downloads database credit him. It’s just that I don't really want to bother him by asking about this as I don't think he cares at all about Civ 3. I'm happy to credit him here too, just didn't particularly want to ask him to give his express permission here in this thread as I am certain he won't mind me doing it.

So here it is.

Artist: nick0515
Name of file: Wood Elf Buildings Pack
Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8540653#post8540653
These are conversions of work done by Walter Hawkwood for Civ 4. They were originally converted from Kohan II.

Preview
Spoiler :

But it can always be disallowed ( :cry: ).

(Link To Thread.)

On behalf of Hisself, Wyrmshadow's Land Monitor:

Attachments

• landmonitor-gif2.gif
    landmonitor-gif2.gif
    418.1 KB · Views: 76
I vote for RedAlert's resource pack. Very nice work, and immensely useful stuff. See my comment in the Graphics Modpack thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom