Monthly Competitions Submissions Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pounder

Phaethon was here
So here are the rules:

1. Anyone may enter a file, as long as:
-The submitter is the creator of the file.
-The file is completely new, not posted before either on this website, nor on any other. The 3D model for the file does not have to be new, though.
-Files that were the combined effort of more than one artist will need the expressed permission of each artist involved in this thread. If the some of artists haven't been online for more than 6 months their permission is not required, but their contribution needs to be mentioned.
-Converted files and cut 'n paste files are also allowed, but this should be stated.
-The new file must be available for download for the civ community.
Unit makers: Units that are a previously posted unit with changed pallete may join, provided permission is given in this thread from the original creator (unless he hasn't been logged on to CFC for the past 6 months).
Unit makers: Upon submission a single preview file of selected unit animations needs to be provided!
PCX makers: The new PCX must be in the same scale as the standard Fireaxis material, basically the rule is it must work in the game.

2. Only one submission per person per competition will be accepted and only one preview file per submission will be accepted. Once submitted neither the submitted file, nor it's preview can be altered. A submission can be withdrawn though, but not replaced by another file.

3. A sample submission is provided below, only submissions in this format will be considered.

4. By submitting you declare that the submitted file is your own work and that the original artists on these pages (if any) have consented in its submission according to the rules of this competition.

5. A link to the file together with a preview needs to be posted in this thread before the end of the month. After that a jury thread will be launched in which the winner will be decided by a 1 week poll. Any complaints about a submission should be made before this deadline in this thread, complaints after the deadline will not be considered.

6. This is supposed to be a friendly competition.
Please stay friendly to each other at all times...

Sample submission

Artist: Flamand
Name of file: Puddle Jumper
Thread: link to thread/download
Additional Credits: as required

I hate to submit another unit of the same weapon series which I submitted before (MP44) but it's the best I have for January. This is an updated unit which has been altered using PSP. The original unit was posted on 1/9/2009.

EDIT: I would like to retract this unit from the monthly competitions. All I have is the run preview for the sharpened unit and I don't think it is fair to the jury not to have a complete preview. Whereas Vuldacon can refer people to his thread for more previews I don't have any other previews in my thread for this particular version of the unit. Therefoe I would like to retract the entry. Thanks.

Artist: Gary Childress
Name of file: Kriegsmarine MP44
Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=303430
Additional Credits: Balou (attack sound)

Me too, sadly there's been a lack of new leaderheads lately. Thanks Varlin for bringing something new in this area

I am adding this unit in the spirit of keeping this competition going.
Note that the Preview animation is only the Victory because I had to make and use four separate palettes for the Unit but you can view the other Previews on the Posted Unit Thread...or better yet, View in Game :)

Artist: Vuldacon
Name of file: TARDIS
Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7702786#post7702786

I've seen a few leaderhead competitions with only one entry. I'm wondering, would it be better in the interests of everyone if the leaderhead competition was merged with the PCX competition? Maybe call it the "graphics mod" competition? There are some really nice leaderheads being submitted and it seems sort of a shame that many of them simply win by default. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom