More Civ

I have downloaded this file ,unzipped and put in BTS mod folder all files.I have BTS 3.19 version.So when i try to run this program : menu - advanced - load a mod - moreciv , simply nothing happen^^ I don't have any error message just program stop to run ... Anybody know what's the problem ?

OK, I need some instructions on how to use this thing. I know how to unpack with PakBuild, but how do you pack???

Firstly, create a folder called temp or soemthing (does not really matter) on you desktop and copy-paste your art folder into this folder. Then start the program and press 'File', 'New' and choose the temp (or whatewer you called it) folder. The reason you use this folder is that it will only pack what is inside it, not the temp folder itself. So if you try this directly on the art folder, it will only pack the files within it. At least that is what i think i remember from a tutorial somewhere here on the forum. I'm not compleately sure if this is the right way, so a test i guess is necessary.

hi veBear , i am not sure if i understand well your explanation ,when you say start program and then press file ,i suppose you are talking about BTS program? Can you tell me where i go in BTS menu to press "file" like you said,did you mean maybe menu [load game] ?

From my side i realized that i didn't follow IgorS instruction about changing link file properties,now it's corrected link file path matches the path to the Civ4 but my problem unfortunately persist:(
No errors when i load the game mod but when i hit ctrl+alt+del i can see that BTS run in background and taking something about 55% of CPU resources ^^ and when i go to event log i find interesting error : SQL Error: near "s": syntax error; when executing SQL: INSERT INTO ActiveApps (Started, Exe, ProcID, Resumed) VALUES ('2010-05-26 17:48:09', '\device\harddiskvolume1\program files\firaxis games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\civ4beyondsword.exe','2620',0) , whatever it means ^^
it would be good that somebody who actually installed and run correctly the game ,tell me what he did it exactly ...thanks

The instruction id for a program called PakBuild, as Igor might try to pak the art files in the mod to reduce size. You won't find 'file' in the BTS meny anyway, so I would advice you to stop looking ;)

Nice work, IgorS.
Care to share some info about exactly what LHs did you improve upon?
Also, some of your LHs are really big both in size(mb) and vertice count. This usually leads to problems with mods such as this that includes a lot of art. (video memory MAFs)

Also, PakBuild won't reduce the size, but it will reduce the loading time of the mod.

I have downloaded this file ,unzipped and put in BTS mod folder all files.I have BTS 3.19 version.So when i try to run this program : menu - advanced - load a mod - moreciv , simply nothing happen^^ I don't have any error message just program stop to run ... Anybody know what's the problem ?

How long did you wait? It takes this mod at least 5 minutes to load.
And if you changed what I said in the link file, why are you still trying to run this mod from inside the game? Just click on the link, you don't have to load the game and then go to "Mods" and all that. Again, I remind you- it takes a while to load, so you just need to wait.

Nice work, IgorS.
Care to share some info about exactly what LHs did you improve upon?
Also, some of your LHs are really big both in size(mb) and vertice count. This usually leads to problems with mods such as this that includes a lot of art. (video memory MAFs)
Ekmek's LHs- Akbar, Bolivar, Pedro, El Cid, Xerxes (thanks to The_Coyote for this one), Pachacuti, Maria Theresia, Metternich, Franz-Joseph.
I never encountered MAF, so I don't know what to say on that. I played this mod a lot already to the very late stages of the game, and never had a problem with MAFs.
Also, PakBuild won't reduce the size, but it will reduce the loading time of the mod.
So, you say there is no point messing with PakBuild since the size will remain the same?

So, you say there is no point messing with PakBuild since the size will remain the same?

The size won't reduce but the mod will load much faster. Know how it takes ages for the loading splash to even appear? With FPKs that will appear in matter of seconds. Definitely worth it.

Ekmek's LHs- Akbar, Bolivar, Pedro, El Cid, Xerxes (thanks to The_Coyote for this one), Pachacuti, Maria Theresia, Metternich, Franz-Joseph.
I never encountered MAF, so I don't know what to say on that. I played this mod a lot already to the very late stages of the game, and never had a problem with MAFs.

Oh, it depends on many things. Like the RAM and VRAM you have. The operating system you have. The size of the map you play. The number of civs you play. The number of actual units in play...
Believe me, there are MAF issues out there and you don't want it to happen...;)

The size won't reduce but the mod will load much faster. Know how it takes ages for the loading splash to even appear? With FPKs that will appear in matter of seconds. Definitely worth it.

This mod takes about five minutes to load, so it isn't that bad. My problem is that it is too big in size, and since you say fpk won't solve it I won't even try it.

Oh, it depends on many things. Like the RAM and VRAM you have. The operating system you have. The size of the map you play. The number of civs you play. The number of actual units in play...
Believe me, there are MAF issues out there and you don't want it to happen...;)

I'm playing on a huge map with 7 civs all the time.

How long did you wait? It takes this mod at least 5 minutes to load.
And if you changed what I said in the link file, why are you still trying to run this mod from inside the game? Just click on the link, you don't have to load the game and then go to "Mods" and all that. Again, I remind you- it takes a while to load, so you just need to wait.

well I still have the problem .I tried this time to run program directly from your link file (path for "Shortcut to Civ4BeyondSword.exe.lnk" is in order.) I was waiting at least 15 minutes but nothing happen ^^ i tried to restart PC and run again but no results and in the event viewer i have still the same error (some kind SQL syntax error) like i explained above.

too bad for me ,i was just curious to see how your mod looks like :cry:

well I still have the problem .I tried this time to run program directly from your link file (path for "Shortcut to Civ4BeyondSword.exe.lnk" is in order.) I was waiting at least 15 minutes but nothing happen ^^ i tried to restart PC and run again but no results and in the event viewer i have still the same error (some kind SQL syntax error) like i explained above.

too bad for me ,i was just curious to see how your mod looks like :cry:

Here's an idea- go to the Mods folder and create a new folder there- give it any name you want. Now copy the Assets from "More Civ" to the new directory you created (don't copy the ini and lnk files, only the Assets directory). Try to run this new mod you created now.

Here's an idea- go to the Mods folder and create a new folder there- give it any name you want. Now copy the Assets from "More Civ" to the new directory you created (don't copy the ini and lnk files, only the Assets directory). Try to run this new mod you created now.

didn't work neither :(
Without "Shortcut Civ4BeyondSword.exe.lnk" i tried to run the MOD from that test folder through BTS - load MOD section.Tell me if there is another way to run the mod in this case ?...
Funny thing is that when i tried to load the MOD ,BTS was running in background about 15 min and after that just unload from memory by itself ,who knows what's happening ^^

didn't work neither :(
Without "Shortcut Civ4BeyondSword.exe.lnk" i tried to run the MOD from that test folder through BTS - load MOD section.Tell me if there is another way to run the mod in this case ?...
Funny thing is that when i tried to load the MOD ,BTS was running in background about 15 min and after that just unload from memory by itself ,who knows what's happening ^^

I had similar problems with other mods, so I know exactly what you're talking about. I also know many people had such problems.
I know there is another place where you can put mods- try this:
Go to My Documents/My Games/Beyond The Sword, you'll see a MODS folder there too. Try installing the mod there.

I had similar problems with other mods, so I know exactly what you're talking about. I also know many people had such problems.
I know there is another place where you can put mods- try this:
Go to My Documents/My Games/Beyond The Sword, you'll see a MODS folder there too. Try installing the mod there.

I already done this all my mods are in Beyond The Sword folder for BTS game ,for warlord's mods i do the same i put them all in warlord folder.Except my game is installed by default in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword not in My Documents but i think this detail is not important.
I guess it's hard to expect to run all mods successfully like somebody already said can be thousand reasons ,most of them i could so far.. ,anyway i appreciate you wanted to help :)

I cant get your mod to work.
I use your link to launch it and the mod loads in the background but then it says that "Civ...exe" has stopped working.

I have also tried to run it from inside the game (advanced-load mod) and I got the same results.

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword not in My Documents but i think this detail is not important.

You don't understand- you have another place for mods in My Documents- go there and you will see what I'm talking about.

I cant get your mod to work.
I use your link to launch it and the mod loads in the background but then it says that "Civ...exe" has stopped working.

I have also tried to run it from inside the game (advanced-load mod) and I got the same results.

Did you change the properties in the link like I said?

Top Bottom