More Civ

I changed the target för the shortcut if that's what you mean.
I have also tried the other things mentioned earlier in the thread.

I changed the target för the shortcut if that's what you mean.
I have also tried the other things mentioned earlier in the thread.

Well, I just don't get it. It is supposed to work! What's wrong?!:confused: I'll try and get some help from people who are more experienced than me.

The main file is down again, and I still get issues when I try to join the split rars.

You don't understand- you have another place for mods in My Documents- go there and you will see what I'm talking about.

I don't have this folder ,i guess you are talking about folder My Documents/My Games/Beyond The Sword on the volume C ^^ , i don't have this folder because i always change this default My Documents folder to the volume D from the first time i install my OS ,because if any problem with OS i just reinstall volume C without touching my data on volume D.
I don't know if this folder My Documents is important for BTS mods but on my volume D there is no any BTS folder in My Documents...

I don't have this folder ,i guess you are talking about folder My Documents/My Games/Beyond The Sword on the volume C ^^ , i don't have this folder because i always change this default My Documents folder to the volume D from the first time i install my OS ,because if any problem with OS i just reinstall volume C without touching my data on volume D.
I don't know if this folder My Documents is important for BTS mods but on my volume D there is no any BTS folder in My Documents...

This is weird you don't have it because the game creates this folder in "my documents" when you install it.

Actually I thought of something different, but Megaupload is a nice idea too... Is it free though? I just don't want to pay for uploading just this one mod.

Megaupload is free, and allows for a max of 1 gig to be uploaded.

I finally got the first one to download, from dropbox. Didn't have any extraction errors, however... no matter which of the two mod directories I install it, if I try to load it? Nothing happens.
No error messages, the mod just never loads. Even after 40 minutes of waiting.

I finally got the first one to download, from dropbox. Didn't have any extraction errors, however... no matter which of the two mod directories I install it, if I try to load it? Nothing happens.
No error messages, the mod just never loads. Even after 40 minutes of waiting.

I don't understand what's wrong then. What do you say, maybe we should ask someone like The Capo or Nitram15? They have experience with mods.

I don't understand what's wrong then. What do you say, maybe we should ask someone like The Capo or Nitram15? They have experience with mods.

Hopefully they can help. I'm looking at this, and I'm not really sure what the issue is either.
Avain or Khan might be able to help too.

Hey Igor, ths looks like a really great mod and I have now installed it, but when I try to play it, something really annoying happens. I click on the shortcut and it takes about half an hour to load(!), but then when the loading splash finally appears, I get a message saying the game must close, but no reason. Is there something I've done wrong?

PS I have tried through the game, it oes the same thing...

EDIT: I have solved the problem. Just moved it to another folder but had to remove some of the xml. Somewhere must have some faulty xml.

Hey Igor, ths looks like a really great mod and I have now installed it, but when I try to play it, something really annoying happens. I click on the shortcut and it takes about half an hour to load(!), but then when the loading splash finally appears, I get a message saying the game must close, but no reason. Is there something I've done wrong?

PS I have tried through the game, it oes the same thing...

I don't know. I'm currently checking it out.

Ok, I checked your mod, IgorS.
Now it takes like 20 mins and after that I got and error report.
You should really FPK the art, as you have over 2Gb, and it would greatly improve the loading times,
and then you could start debugging...

Ok, I checked your mod, IgorS.
Now it takes like 20 mins and after that I got and error report.
You should really FPK the art, as you have over 2Gb, and it would greatly improve the loading times,
and then you could start debugging...

I need some help with fpk- how do I do that.
And I don't understand what you mean about debugging. I know the mod works since I've tested it lots of times before uploading it. I even downloaded it and installed it separately, and it worked.

HOW TO: Get your mod to load faster.
Works very well.

@problem: I don't think anyone has fixed the "Civ restarts to load a mod and never comes back" bug.
Happens with different users with different mods on different systems, no idea why.

Top Bottom