• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

More Civilisations

How about this:

Lan Xang (Visunarat)
Start Bias: Jungle
UA: Beneath The White Parasol
Gain 1 additional Trade Route for every two Allied City-States. Trade Routes with Allied City-States generate :c5production: Production or :c5food: Food in the City the Trade Route is sent from.
UU: Sib Phan (replaces Pikeman)
Drill I, Double Movement in Jungle and Forest tiles. Begins with an additional unique promotion, "Prince Fa's Ten Thousand", that grants a +5% :c5strength: Combat Bonus against units from larger Civilizations for every two more Cities they have than Lan Xang, increasing to a maximum of +50%. Upgrades to Cavalry.
UB: Palladial Statuary (replaces Temple)
+2 :c5faith: Faith, +2 :c5culture: Culture. Contains a pre-filled slot for a :greatwork: Great Work of Art that, if filled, generates +1 City Defensiveness and +5 City HP per follower of the majority religion.
---
How're these?

Oh, btw, a palladium (adjective form: palladial) is a religious icon said to confer protection on an area/person/whathaveyou. They're apparently everywhere in Lan Xang, what with the various Buddha statues knocking around.

Hopefully these ideas are of some use to you. =]

The ability is cool but would need to be toned down quite a bit. You only normally get 8 trade routes the entire game, and just giving Venice 8 more is enough to compensate for their inability to settle cities. There are 25 luxury resources in the base game (plus the recent trend of a bunch of civs adding civ specific luxury resources), not to mention you'll be getting a bunch of these really early in the game.

Fair point, though civ-specific resources wouldn't figure into it. The idea was that they would get trade routes for having worked resource tiles within their own borders. A Wine plantation, say, or a Silver mine, within their own borders would give them a trade route. But if they got their Ivory or Incense, or indeed Nutmeg or Pralines, through trade with another civ, they wouldn't get any bonuses for that. But even so, how about an extra trade route for every luxury resource they have more than one worked copy of? Or to scale it back slightly more, make it only land resources they can even get that bonus from; Lan Xang was landlocked its entire history, and even today Laos is the only country in Southeast Asia with no coastline. Is that still unbalanced?

Edit:
Scapegrace said:
UA: Beneath The White Parasol
Gain 1 additional Trade Route for every two Allied City-States. Trade Routes with Allied City-States generate Production or Food in the City the Trade Route is sent from.

I can see that, with the Allied City-States adding that Mandala touch to it. But alliances can be fleeting; what happens if an alliance lapses, or is superseded by another civ? Does Lan Xang lose its extra trade route? Actually, I suppose it would have to; if they were permanent you could intentionally let them lapse and then reestablish them to just totally spam trade routes. The need to maintain alliances to keep the trade routes would incentivize Lan Xang to play Diplomatic, and the trade routes would help them raise the money to keep the alliances going. I think this might be a better way to go.

I think War Elephants, that gain additional damage bonus if you have Ivory luxury would be cool. And also kinda logical.

I think War Elephants, that gain additional damage bonus if you have Ivory luxury would be cool. And also kinda logical.

So you propose an elephant UU hinging around a luxury resource that involves the mass slaughter of elephants. That is the kind of logic that... isn't.

So you propose an elephant UU hinging around a luxury resource that involves the mass slaughter of elephants. That is the kind of logic that... isn't.

Well, in order to have access to ivory, you have to have access to elephants, so there is a certain amount of logic to it. It would actually make for a somewhat interesting Decision -- give a buff to your elephant units but no longer have access to the Ivory luxury resource. Military strength at the expense of happiness and trade?

Well, in order to have access to ivory, you have to have access to elephants, so there is a certain amount of logic to it. It would actually make for a somewhat interesting Decision -- give a buff to your elephant units but no longer have access to the Ivory luxury resource. Military strength at the expense of happiness and trade?

Hmmm, maybe. Actually, that sounds like the perfect excuse for a white elephant themed Event. Something like this:

"Your retainers hurry to your court. "Sire!" They cry. "A white elephant has been found near (City working an Ivory tile)! Surely it is a sign of your greatness, your fealty before the divine!" You now have a problem, though. The ivory from that city is of great value in trade, but a sanctuary for white elephants, well, that is something else entirely. Which path will you take?"

#1: "They must be protected! It is the will of the Almighty!"
One tile with Ivory no longer gives the Ivory Luxury Resource, but retains its yields and generates 8 additional :c5faith: Faith.

#2: "What care I for superstitious nonsense? I've been after a white umbrella stand for years..."
One tile with Ivory generates double yields. A :greatwork: Great Work of Art appears in the Capital.

It will be intresting decision, but decisions must have historacal basement, doesent it?

Just tried the Sami civilization mod. Really enjoyed it! I just wonder if you have had many crash reports with the mod? My games never use to crash and unfortunately it has done it twice while playing the Sami mod. Everything seems to work OK otherwise, and I only use some of JFD's civ mods and the Reforestation mod.

I did try to subscribe to it via the steam workshop, but that didn't work so I downloaded it manually and unzipped it in the mod-folder. Is it possible I made an error?

Edit: Played the Sami two more times, one time with only the reforestation mod besides the Sami and one time with only the Sami mod. Both games eventually crashed. Sad, but I wonder what does it. I'll try to reinstall it.

I'm not sure how much historical basis has the Haggis decision really...

Well, if you read the Scottish Civilopedia, you'll see that the Wild Haggis is entirely real and rooted deeply in history. Just make sure you get the event before you read it in the pedia :p

Just tried the Sami civilization mod. Really enjoyed it! I just wonder if you have had many crash reports with the mod? My games never use to crash and unfortunately it has done it twice while playing the Sami mod. Everything seems to work OK otherwise, and I only use some of JFD's civ mods and the Reforestation mod.

I did try to subscribe to it via the steam workshop, but that didn't work so I downloaded it manually and unzipped it in the mod-folder. Is it possible I made an error?

Edit: Played the Sami two more times, one time with only the reforestation mod besides the Sami and one time with only the Sami mod. Both games eventually crashed. Sad, but I wonder what does it. I'll try to reinstall it.

Sadly, I've had this happen every time I've played the Sami. I've never actually finished a game with them :( It's too bad, because they're such a fun civ to play. Most of the time the game crashed when I used the Boazovázzi's herding ability and I would have to restart civ and reload the last auotsave - a minor inconvenience. But a couple times it crashed between turns and I was unable to reload the last save or autosave - so I was forced to abandon those games.

Sadly, I've had this happen every time I've played the Sami. I've never actually finished a game with them :( It's too bad, because they're such a fun civ to play. Most of the time the game crashed when I used the Boazovázzi's herding ability and I would have to restart civ and reload the last auotsave - a minor inconvenience. But a couple times it crashed between turns and I was unable to reload the last save or autosave - so I was forced to abandon those games.

Yeah, I also suspect it might have something to do with the Boaz-unit. The action itself works, but when the game crashes for me it's usually between turns. Perhaps it happens when the game reloads the resources you've herded. When it happens I have to quit civ and relaunch the game. Since my computer takes it time doing it, it's a more than a minor inconvenience, but oh well :) Interesting concept.

Yeah, I also suspect it might have something to do with the Boaz-unit. The action itself works, but when the game crashes for me it's usually between turns. Perhaps it happens when the game reloads the resources you've herded. When it happens I have to quit civ and relaunch the game. Since my computer takes it time doing it, it's a more than a minor inconvenience, but oh well :) Interesting concept.

Thing is I have absolutely no idea why it's happening as I've never actually had the error myself. I've had a lot of fun and smooth games as the Sámi.

I'm guessing Polynesia comes next followed by long awaited updates to Tibet/Kilwa? Now that I seem to have gotten rid of my errors with the exception of Events and Decisions causing a main menu crash I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Top Bottom