More Civs...........

That would be greatly appreciated as I have not shelled out extra for Warlords at this stage. If it's all packaged up in one place that would be great. Probably best to post it in the Mac thread over at the GivGold development forum if you do manage to get it all together.

(I'm still waiting for a patch to fix some of the remaining issues with Vanilla before I consider handing over more money.)

There's a set of vanilla files in post #8 in this thread.

There's a set of vanilla files in post #8 in this thread.

Thanks - it wasn't immediately obvious to me from reading through that those were all that was required.

I'll download them and the base 150MB 7zip weirdo compressed package tomorrow morning (juggling my download limits) and give it a whirl.

OK, I'm making some progress but I still can't play the game. The Text XML files now load correctly (I've used Alan's set), but I'm now getting error messages thrown up when I load up. The messages read:

Tag: UNIT_ABORIGINES_WOOMERA in Info Class was incorrect. Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

This is then repeated for each Unique Unit. I've looked at the XML file and there isn't anything obviously wrong (in terms of foreign characters - beyond that, I don't know what I'm looking for).

Anyway, I click OK for each of these. It then tells me that

Tag: BUILDINGCLASS_FORBIDDENPALACE in Info Class was incorrect (same file; this is repeated for THREEGORGESDAM).

Then it lets me into the game. I can choose a map type and a civ to play with, but if I choose a new civ it tells me that civ has "No Unique Unit". I carry on regardless, and it throws up another set of XML errors:

UNIT_BUDDHIST_MISSIONARY in Info Class was incorrect
CivFormationInfos.xml

This is repeated for every missionary, as well as SPY, WORKER and EXPLORER.

Then it allows me into the game but once again takes me straight to the Tech Adviser screen. When I clear this, the game informs me that I have been defeated (not a turn has been played) and takes me to the HoF where my score shows as zero.

Any ideas where to go next? I'm sure I'll get there in the end.

Remind me:

- Which version of Civ4? Vanilla or Warlords?

- Which CivGold did you download? Vanilla or Warlords?

- Which fixed file set did you apply? The Vanilla one in post #8 in this thread, or the Warlords one pointed to by Welnic?

If the answers to these three questions are not all the same then that may be a problem.

To answer your questions in order:

1. Vanilla.
2. Vanilla, I thought, but I'll double-check.
3. The Vanilla set in post #8.

[EDIT: Just checked the answer to Q2, and it doesn't specify. I would have thought it applied to Vanilla, since the version is dated April 2006.]

Hmm. Well, I've just downloaded and expanded the file set in post #8, and dropped it into ~/Documents/Civilization IV/MODS/Civ Gold3/Assets/XML/ to replace the standard Text folder in there.

I also fixed the error in ~/Documents/Civilization IV/MODS/Civ Gold3/Assets/XML/Civilizations/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, line 20837, deleting the space after 'ATTITUDE_FURIOUS ' as identified by Welnic.

I started up Civ4 with Mac Gold3 as the loaded mod, and had zero errors during loading. So I can't reproduce your problem.

Thanks - it wasn't immediately obvious to me from reading through that those were all that was required.

As I stated in that post, there was one unresolved error that didn't seem to stop it working, but Welnic has since identified it:

Edit ~/Documents/Civilization IV/MODS/Civ Gold3/Assets/XML/Civilizations/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, line 20837, and delete the space after 'ATTITUDE_FURIOUS '

Hold on... just spotted something.

Your CivGold folder, Alan, is named 'Civ Gold3', whereas mine is named only 'Civ Gold'. I wonder if we've downloaded different ones...?

Alan, thanks for the link. I downloaded the correct version :blush: from another source, but it's the same one you mentioned.

And I'm pleased to report it loads perfectly and everything works just as it should (still some slight text problems during gameplay, but nothing I can't live with).

You deserve a medal (and I should learn not to run before I can walk...).

Thank you so much. :goodjob:

I've been out of the loop on Civ IV issues/playing for months, mainly due to my free time being focused on other priorities. With that in mind, what issues remain to be addressed in vanilla Civ IV/Civ IV Warlords, Skippy?

Gatekeeper

I've been out of the loop on Civ IV issues/playing for months, mainly due to my free time being focused on other priorities. With that in mind, what issues remain to be addressed in vanilla Civ IV/Civ IV Warlords, Skippy?

Gatekeeper

Everything that remained post the first patch. (Mind you - I've been in the same position as you. I haven't played much at all. I've been waiting for patch 2 to come out and was focused on other things. I had hopes that Warlords might induce a Vanilla patch - but no such luck.)

Sound is still not 100%. Using antialiasing can still crash the program or cause kernel panics (though thankfully less than on release). There are also some crashes I've had that seem to be sound related based on the crash log. And hey, a bit of optimisation in the code would go a long way to improving the endgame experience.

Hi guys, I know it has been awhile since anyone has posted here but I am really in need of information.

I am running the newest OSX on a powerpc G5.

I have replaced the text files that Alan said to replace with his repaired text files. And am still inundated with countless XML errors. It talks about parsing failure and lists the file, I zap gremlins the file. and then the next time around the same file is still a problem.

I can give more info if needed.

Is Civgold 3.7 even compatible with leopard?

By the way, yes it is CIV4 and I am using the correct civgold the vanilla one.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Welcome :wavey:

I've no idea which version I used in my experiments, as it only says Civ Gold3. So I can't answer your question about whether version 3.7 is compatible I can say that its folders are all dated September 2006, and its Civ Gold3.ini file is dated 13 August 2006.

I'll download it and check it out here, but you'll have to wait a bit, as it's a slow download, and its past my bedtime!

UPDATE: I downloaded the current copy at the link I gave above, in post #50. It looked the same as the one I had previously. I changed the eight files that are linked in post #8 and the mod loaded with no problems.

I'm running Leopard - latest patches - and Civ4 vanilla 1.74 for OS X.

Note that I installed the mod in ~/Documents/Civilization IV/Mods/, and I copied the eight edited files into ~/Documents/Civilization IV/Mods/Civ Gold3/Assets/XML/Text/ to replace the original files. However, you should be able to simply replace the entire Text folder with my Text folder, since those are the only files in it.

Please recheck that you have followed the recipe precisely. If you still have problems, please post a few representative error messages.

[PS] I asked BBEdit to compare them, and the version 3.7 that I downloaded and modified today is identical to the version 3 that I tested previously.

Top Bottom