More GPs Module

I think the main issue is that there's a lack of clarity about how much memory new GP and associated resources consume, and how to measure it.

I don’t think that references to media content intrinsically increase civ’s memory footprint, since the media content does not directly load into memory, but rather references to the media. For example, if you delete media files in-between saves, those media files will fail to load, which means that the content is being referenced by location, not by instance.

I don’t think that references to media content intrinsically increase civ’s memory footprint, since the media content does not directly load into memory, but rather references to the media. For example, if you delete media files in-between saves, those media files will fail to load, which means that the content is being referenced by location, not by instance.

If that's the case, there's probably room for a lot more Great People :crazyeye:

It makes sense.

If that's the case, there's probably room for a lot more Great People :crazyeye:
To be honest, right now, I have enough with this MGPs.
So, I suggest you or G to integrate this v.3 in the next VP release.
This version is much more refined than the previous one and the number of GPs in it is already insane.

090 Great Musicians
090 Great Artists
054 Great Writers
115 Great Generals
089 Great Admirals
116 Great Merchants
085 Great Engineers
081 Great Scientists
073 Great Diplomates

To be honest, right now, I have enough with this MGPs.
So, I suggest you or G to integrate this v.3 in the next VP release.
This version is much more refined than the previous one and the number of GPs in it is already insane.

Make a pull request or send the files and one of us will be happy to do that, I'm sure. :)

I don't know how to do it properly :blush: I use to send all the stuff to @Gazebo who does it perfectly :)

All is here (as a patch. Tree and files)
This version completely replaces the previous one.
\(1) Community Patch\Modules\MoreGP must be deleted first

@Gazebo I think you'd be more adept at handling this, plus you update your own files locally...

In my current Japan playthrough with the latest version all went fine: no more black background for GA/GM and the quotes from GW are all played as they meant to.

Going for Culture domination through a Tradition/Authority/Imperialism so I think I'll see a lot more GP, especially with th Japan UA.

H.P. Lovecraft Call of Cthulu quote is a masterpiece !

Thank you for the great work !

Did you all add Baba Yetu into the mod? Because I just heard it for the first time that I can recall, and its awesome! :)

A small error in name of Vélazquez

Spoiler Diego Vélazquez :
upload_2021-3-26_20-47-14.png

A small error in name of Vélazquez
Thx for the report.

This is not a typo:
Code:
    ('TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_A__080', 'Diego Vélasquez'),

It's all about encoding ANSI/UTF-8 and it will be fixed soon.

EDIT: Fixed since 05/2021

Last edited:
I still see a lot of mod lists (Here or on GitHub report) with external "more GPs" mods
I'd like to suggest to don't do it anymore.

There is already a MoreGPs module included in VP since (3-2)2021 automatically active. This moreGPs module (v.3b) brings 793 new GPs of all kinds. It is more than needed even if you play 1400 Huge/Marathon turns (Tested)
By using GPs External Mods, you may come across duplicates and weird anachronistic effects.
Also, many of these popular GPs External Mods come with bugs, confusions, typos and missing parts.

MoreGPs VP module was co-developed by 8 people who brought the best they could to make the best "More GPs mod" ever.
All technical, artistic and historical aspects exceed all Civ5 standards.
So, play VP and find what they are...

Last edited:
But it's always been the same as vanilla to my knowledge. Typically resulting in Great WORKS OF WRITING running out by Industrial Age.
VP adds 54 new GREAT WRITERS since May 2021.
GREAT WORK OF WRITING shouldn't run out by Industrial Era. If it does in your game, please report it in this thread.

MoreGP is part of base CP now right? Or is there still a limit despite that?
MoreGP (v 3b rev6) is part of base VP since months.

a lot more GP so they should no longer run out.
My latest test :
891 turns. Marathon/Huge +EEVP. Massively GP oriented game.
All new GPs from MoreGPs were there, available to create new GREAT WORKS (OF ART, WRITING and MUSIC)

If you encounter a 'no name' GP in you game, please report it in this thread.
eg:
GP named 'GREAT MUSICIEN' or 'GREAT WRITER' instead of 'FREDDIE MERCURY' or 'ISABEL ALLENDE'

I think when you're referring to more GP, that's just adding more names into the game. I mean there was never a cap on actual GP. And there is still a cap on great works just as there always has been
As long you get a GP with a name, you can create a GREAT WORK.
GREAT WORKS run out when named GREAT PERSONS run out.

Last edited:
VP adds 54 new GREAT WRITERS since May 2021.
GREAT WORK OF WRITING shouldn't run out by Industrial Era. If it does in your game, please report it in this thread.

MoreGP (v 3b rev6) is part of base VP since months.

My latest test :
891 turns. Marathon/Huge +EEVP. Massively GP oriented game.
All new GPs from MoreGPs were there, available to create new GREAT WORKS (OF ART, WRITING and MUSICS)

If you encounter a 'no name' GP in you game, please report it in this thread.
eg:
GP named 'GREAT MUSICIEN' or 'GREAT WRITER' instead of 'FREDDIE MERCURY' or 'ISABEL ALLENDE'

As long you get a GP with a name, you can to create a GREAT WORK.
GREAT WORKS run out when named GREAT PERSONS run out.
Lol thank you. I guess I didn't realize it's been changed since the current stable.

Seriously, stop calling official versions stable.

I plan to finalize MoreGPs module by the end of this year.
First task : Great Diplomates standardization.

73 new GDs come with MoreGPs and 25 come with City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD)
The plan is to gather all of them in MoreGP and fix 'EraType' (GDs' date of birth) missing from CSD part.

Among the CSD part, I'd like to remove a few of them I consider they are not really Great Diplomats:
Yoshida Shigeru
Kurt Waldheim
Violette Szabo
William Seward
T.E. Lawrence
William Howard (! Certainly a Very Great Modder but never the negotiator of a ceasefire)
Lawrence Durrell
Madeleine Albright

Would anyone feel affected by this choice?

An other concern I have is about INFORMATION ERA (Born after 1989)
Only 4 Information Era GDiplomates are in VP : Nadia Murad, Malala Yousafzai, Aalayah Eastmond and Greta Thunberg.

Does anyone have a suggestion to make?

Among the CSD part, I'd like to remove a few of them I consider they are not really Great Diplomats:
Yoshida Shigeru
Kurt Waldheim
Violette Szabo
William Seward
T.E. Lawrence
William Howard (! Certainly a Very Great Modder but never the negotiator of a ceasefire)
Lawrence Durrell
Madeleine Albright

Would anyone feel affected by this choice?
Probably ask @Gazebo , he added those. Maybe provide a justification for why you think each should be removed? Some are more obvious than others.

Top Bottom