More info on victory goals

Rhye

's and Fall creator
I can't write every single number of cities required ingame (the string would become too long).

However it's:

Spoiler :
Roman regions:

Egypt - 2 and more cities than Egypt
Greece - 2 and more cities than Greece
Spain - 2
France - 3
Britain - 1
Near East - 2
Carthage - 2

Arabian regions:

Spain - 2 and more cities than Spain
France - 2 and more cities than France
Italy - 2 and more cities than Rome

Spanish regions:

Mexico - 2 and more cities than Aztecs
Peru - 2 and more cities than Incas

French regions:

NE Canada - 4
Louisiana / central USA - 1

English regions:

American East Coast - 2
South Africa - 1
Australia - 2

German regions:

France - 2 and more cities than France
Britain - 2 and more cities than England
Scandinavia - 3
Russia - 2 and more cities than Russia
Greece - 2 and more cities than Greece
Italy - 2 and more cities than Rome

Russian regions:

Siberia - 3

Mongolian regions:

China - 2 and more cities than China

When goal text says "colonize" only founding cities count. When it says "control" capturing cities too.

What about India for the English?

India? It was in an early version.
Since 1.30 the objectives have always been

Be the first to circumnavigate
Colonize American East Coast, South Africa and Australia by 1700 AD
First to enter Industrial and Modern era

why does Egypt say it needs to have more cities than Egypt, and Greece says it needs more than Greece? at least, thats what I assume "and more than..." means

addit:
Nevermind, didn't see "Roman Regions"

For England I need to get to the industrial and modern age first. Is there a way to figue out which techs grant these ages?

go into world builder add all the techs from the era before, and that should give you a clue as those remaining would advance you an era. Other than that I dont know.

Could the English one be updated to show which regions constitute which continents? (For example, does Indonesia count as part of Asia?).

All I really need to know for the English Historical victory is:

a.Which continents to colonize.
b.Whether Indonesia counts in game as part of Asia, Australasia or neither.
c.If New Zealand and Tasmania count as part of Australasia.
d.Whether the Americas count as split into North America and South America or whether they count as one complete continent (The Americas).

EDIT: After trawling through the worldbuilder, I've discovered that in-game all of Indonesia north of Thailand is in Asia, the rest isn't.

EDIT: After further trawling, I've discovered that Australasia/Oceania includes Tasmania and all but the 2 eastern most tiles of New Zealand.

EDIT: The next update: I've also discovered that the Americas count as just one continent.

yeah the americas could count as either one or two, also where is the line drawn between europe and asia? (for the love of god please dont say turkey is in europe ;))...

Tboy said:
All I really need to know for the English Historical victory is:

a.Which continents to colonize.
b.Whether Indonesia counts in game as part of Asia, Australasia or neither.
c.If New Zealand and Tasmania count as part of Australasia.
d.Whether the Americas count as split into North America and South America or whether they count as one complete continent (The Americas).

EDIT: After trawling through the worldbuilder, I've discovered that in-game all of Indonesia north of Thailand is in Asia, the rest isn't.

EDIT: After further trawling, I've discovered that Australasia/Oceania includes Tasmania and all but the 2 eastern most tiles of New Zealand.

EDIT: The next update: I've also discovered that the Americas count as just one continent.

I did the same thing.
Did you check the coordinates in the Victory python file? If so, how did you find which coordinates were which in the world builder?
I did it in a laborious way finding resources I knew the coordinates of from the map file and counting tiles in the worldbuilder from there. I was hoping there was a better way.

Top Bottom