MoreStuffMod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've looked at your mod again, I like your mod I think it can go somewhere.
.Some techs can use some pictures
.John McCain needs a picture
.More scenarios
.Austrian Empire maybe?
. Fix the 2 XML errors when loaded up please. XD

All the rest I had posted a wile back on this thread.

Thank you for your hard work!

Would I be allowed to try to make a world map scenario and Maybe If I can find a United states/North American map a McCain vs. Obama Scenario were all the states they won are under there control and they are at war? XD
I don't remember but there may have been two xml errors at one time. You either have custom assets or I just fixed them on my computer. I know some stuff needs buttons. McCain will be easy but I need to find images or take screenshots of some stuff that the techs enable.
Yes you can make some scenarios. That would be a great idea!:goodjob:Thanks for the help and the support!:DCould you try to make an Earth map scenario using the larger worldsizes when I finish version 5? It would be appreciated. Last time I tried it North America came out completely off scale. I guess I should try again. Do you know how to make random maps work with new worldsizes? I tried Archipelago and it was one big landmas with little to no water. All help with python and C++ is appreciated because I can't do much of the stuff myself!!

I know c++ lucky you, Python I know a little. XD Unfortunately my parents are making me go to church today so I will get started in a couple of hours.
Thanks. I have some SDK components that I need to merge I got the from civ fanatics. I will have to figure out how to compile them. but I can put them with v5 if I haven't figured it out by then and you can see what you can do.

Also good news, I have the bigger world map done with the same placement as your older world map, I have found a map for North America which is perfect and I can place all the civs on there. Bad news my dad wants to me clean my room today..sooo ya and I think the North American map is a little inaccurate so I'll fix that up and get started. Also I have no idea what to do with Cuba I think I'll have the Mexicans controlling it and John McCain needs some traits, he is already on the loosing side because he lost the election. XD

Funny ! A "conservative" mod :goodjob:

Playing with 48 Civs appeals to me also, playing as "grand father" Mc Cain, also...

-Off topic- But i understand that Obama is not the best president, many many illusions about him...

He is on state of grace ("état de grace"), but i care of USA politics because USA leads NATO... I like NATO :goodjob:...

But i regret fall of Soviet Union because we have had "Social Capitalism" in France...
"Social Capitalism" idea for a special civic in game :goodjob: .

-End of topic-

I will give an appreciation note when i will be finished a game with your mod ;)

Open your mind because USA is child of numerous european emigrated for political or religious maibye economic purpose ;)

Things i had noted by playing earth map with 36 Civs...

I was playing France with Napo :

1) Many errors in civ starts locations...
You should revising Geography and History...
36 Civs and more is nice but please, for the sake of god, place civs to theirs right starts ;)

2) A few problems in Civics, two civics are identical...

3) Many graphic glitches in tech tree especially at the end, pink icons...

4) New Leaderheads are not very nice, you can take leaderheads, as you can, thoses created by community ;)

5) I rapidly crashed in my game, i had built three warriors, then i just began a worker...

In Fine : i have been gentle, so i give you a chance for well making things ;)

Right...

Someone...............Left...Right...

We are currently redoing the world map
and you misunderstand with The McCain vs. Obama scenario. This would be war not politics.

Things i had noted by playing earth map with 36 Civs...

I was playing France with Napo :

1) Many errors in civ starts locations...
You should revising Geography and History...
36 Civs and more is nice but please, for the sake of god, place civs to theirs right starts ;)

2) A few problems in Civics, two civics are identical...

3) Many graphic glitches in tech tree especially at the end, pink icons...

4) New Leaderheads are not very nice, you can take leaderheads, as you can, thoses created by community ;)

5) I rapidly crashed in my game, i had built three warriors, then i just began a worker...

In Fine : i have been gentle, so i give you a chance for well making things ;)

1)There were 38civs on that map and yes I was pretty sure that they weren't very accurate because that was based on what I know, the civilopedia, and wild guess's. That will be fixed.
2)Do you mean the buttons are identical?
3)That just means there are no buttons. I don't have the icons yet.
4)You mean the still ones? I don't see a problem with still leaderheads.
5)That's odd. I don't know why the game crashed. I test the game hundreds of turns and it still works.

How big would you like the North American map?
I would like it to be standard if you haven't done a map yet. Sorry for the slow response. It's because I only get the USB modem on the weekends.

I thought of something. What if there were two seperatist civs. One conservative and one whatever McCain is. Republicans aren't very conservative anymore so what if we had a Liberatarion seperatist civ.

...Also I have no idea what to do with Cuba I think I'll have the Mexicans controlling it...
I have added Cuba in version 5. This isn't uploaded yet but I guess I should upload it tomorrow. The reason it hasn't been uploaded is because it hasn't had very much added to it.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't upload it. I am trying to switch to another site but I can't seem to get it to work.

"conservative" =! "conservator" ?

Sorry, i'm not very good in English language like you will see in my mp.

Good luck for your mod...

2) In civics, two civics with two different names have same effect....

I can't download Version 4 at all. It just brings me to filefront's main page!

Can you provide a working link? Hopefully non atomic gamer.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I might be banned from civ fanatics, so in case I am you need to go to http://www.gamingvault.net/. I have a thread over there. I will upload the MoreStuffMod there too.

I'd just like to say that the reason that Daryl may be leaving is that he is planning on using my work without my permission in his version 5 (see the thread at GamingVault). If you see any evidence of this continuing at any other sites Daryl posts at, please alert either me or the moderators here or at the new site. For reference, my works are in my signature, and the one he plans to include is an old version of "Native America Expanded".

EDIT: This issue has been resolved. Thanks, Thunderfall!

Just out of curiosity, why do you object to him using your work ?

Finding your work in his mod is not that easy I assume. As the units and leaderheads do not appear to be made by you, this leaves the xml. That however should be relatively easy to create anew, esp. since similar civs exist outside your mod as well. So even if he were using rather similar civs, that is no proof he took them from your mod imo.

Good news everbody. I wasn't banned! This means that I will stay here with the MoreStuffMod. You can still go to this site because I will still leave my thread open there.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Finding your work in his mod is not that easy I assume. As the units and leaderheads do not appear to be made by you, this leaves the xml. That however should be relatively easy to create anew, esp. since similar civs exist outside your mod as well. So even if he were using rather similar civs, that is no proof he took them from your mod imo.
I was going to use his mod but Thunderfall came after me so I'm not going to use his mod. I will use the graphics he didn't make though so we still have native American civs!:D He was upset that I gave Obama a liberal trait. Then he tells Thunderfall and he thinks I took NikNaks leaderhead and disrespected it but it's Garret Sidzaka's. That was what all that was about. Thanks for supporting me.

There are some serious balance and bias issues relating to the Obama LH. He asked for permission to use my work, and I asked him to "fix" it (I think I suggested changing the combination to Cha, Org instead of using the Liberal anti-trait) in order to gain permission. He refused, and from there it went waaaaay overboard, and I don't want to go into that. Anyway, suffice to say that we don't get on.
Yes, you're totally correct, it would be a nightmare to prove. His version 5 removes the Native America civ and adds the Sioux, Iroquois and Cherokee. However, he commented that one of the artstyles was causing him Python issues, which, coincidentally, he mentioned about my mod to me in a PM. And the version of mine he downloaded replaces the Native American civ with the Sioux, Iroquois and Cherokee, so make of it what you will. I did make (almost) all of the buttons, though, so they can be traced if nothing else. But anyone with any sense would be able to tell it's mine. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom