1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Most despicable thing you have ever done to your or another civ

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by auntjemima, Dec 5, 2011.

1. iggymnrr

iggymnrr Deity

I wish this would happen to me more often.

2. phoenix_sprite

phoenix_sprite King

Burn everything.

3. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

Well I love slavery :)

Hell I even run this civic sometimes in the renaisssance isn't that bad?

Oh and I nuked my own cities just before I won the game just for the lols :)

4. MaxWar

MaxWar King

The only reason i will eventually stop running slavery is because of the "We want emancipation" unhappiness, which usually happens in the renaissance or early industrial.

5. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

6. timurlame

timurlame Chieftain

being the absolute dominant force in a lower level game, and gifting half my army to the nation across the globe to take out their neighbor, and so that they would be more fun to war when they had finished.

besides that all of the above your honor :)

my civ in slavery dropping nukes on a backstabbed friend.... harsh :)

7. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

If it's someone I really hate, I will wipe them out and later resurrect them via world-builder so I can kill them again. ;)

As for standard gameplay, I like to goad the likes Monty/Ragnar into war by bribing them away, and then later organizing a dogpile on them so that everyone hates them. The cost of a few techs and a moderate diplo hit is sure worth getting me recognized as savior of the world from these terrible people and of course the ruler of an already weakened world right?

I also like to gift people cities so they incite border tensions and hate each other. Eventually I always end up burning this gift down.

8. noto2

noto2 Emperor

One thing that I've done more than once is betray a war ally. It goes like this - it's getting into the later game and it has basically turned into a 3 way race - me and 2 other civs are the remaining major powers in the world. I'm building an army and getting ready to invade one of them when, as fate would have it, they go to war with each other. So then I join on the side of one of them and march towards the other, ready to take him out, full well knowing that once this war is won I'll then turn around and take out the other. So my massive stack of doom marches on the enemy city and, what do you know, my ally is already there, attacking. My trusty ally takes massive casualties and takes the enemy city. Now my stack is standing beside my ally's new city, a city that is in revolt and has no cultural defences, and my ally's main stack, the stack that represents about 3/4 of his total military power is wounded and sitting in this defenceless city. So I look at the stack and think "gee....that stack looks awful vulnerable....but if I attack I'll be at war with both of them at the same time, surely that's a bad move...but on the other hand I can take out this guy's army in one turn...hmm" and so I attack, and laugh like a sociopath as his entire army crumbles. Yes, I've done this many times :)

9. shakabrade

shakabrade Praise Vivec!

I once let my coastal city undefended just to make Annoyed overseas Ragnar capture it and get hinduism so I could win AP, and soon after that I won.

My flesh and blood are nothing but a pawns to me, and even worse I won the AP cheese victory:mwaha::satan:.

I also like to scorch the entire earth the turn my spaceship is about to arrive to a space colony, just to make use of my high production cities.

But I believe it's everyone's guilty pleasure.

10. Ice_Tyrant

Ice_Tyrant Prince

Not despicable compared to me carpet nuking Spain, but still one of my favorite things I did. The Incan's were a one city empire on the border of Cambodia, and I was in charge of the UN. A vote came up "Liberate Kuzco to Cambodia" or wahtever, so I put that into motion. By this point I controlled about 2/3rds of the world, and the vote was a victory, Kuzco was given to the Cambodians. I took a civ out with diplomacy, that was freaking sweet.

11. Retrograde

Retrograde Chieftain

I was playing Earth 18 civs as Germany, and my end-war got pretty brutal. First I invaded all of North America and conquered it pretty rapidly for no real reason. Then, I fought a brutal war with Persia in which I nuked a few of their cities and captured Arabia and Persia and made them my . Then, China decided it was time to stop me so every one of their cities took a few nukes to the face. At that point I figured I'd vassalize everyone and get a Conquest victory so I nuked all of poor Huanya's backwards cities a couple times...then I won domination :D

12. shakabrade

shakabrade Praise Vivec!

Never thought it was possible. You say cambodia, do you mean khmer?

13. JesusOnEez

JesusOnEez Emperor

One game I had the domination victory land mass requirement, but due to extensive whipping into the late game had nowhere near the population requirement. I didn't have much of an army to speak of, but I did have an absolutely jaw dropping number of nukes.

I could either spend a tonne of turns amassing an army and then further turns thinning out the competition or the option I plumped for.

I nuked the hell out of every single civilization left on the map and won the next turn with an overwhelming population advantage.

If you're gonna dominate, do it with fallout, that's my motto!

14. nfw

nfw King

Last game I noticed my neighbor was chaining a large amount of farms from one of mine, changed it to a workshop and watch his city starve, and it's not even considered an hostile act!

Also if I want to take somebody out but don't want to declare war first, I'd keep making random demands until I get to be his worst enemy and get DOW'ed on, so I can wipe him out from a position of smug moral superiority.

15. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

That's damn cool:)

16. Thalatta

Thalatta Imperialistic

Personally I'm rather fond of drawing out a siege as long as possible, then finally mopping it up to the point that my random unpromoted units can deliver the finishing blow(s). However, if I have no desire to actually keep the city, instead of simply razing it, I leave said unpromoted unit(s) as bait. The AI then retakes the city and reinforces it...and then I take it again.

I'm perfectly happy to repeat this process until the AI has no units left or the city is whipped down to 1 population...after which I finally raze it.

17. AJ11

AJ11 Emperor

Worst thing I have done? Enacting the Spanish Inquisition on the enemy by razing any city that had a particular religion. Needless to say, they weren't happy when the holy city went. Even less when the AP went bye-bye! :D

18. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden Deity

19. nfw

nfw King

I do that too, a good way to whittle down its SoD with your city raider siege. So much so, it feels like exploiting.

20. Ambidexter

Ambidexter Edjumacated Idjit

Izzy was involved in a war with Shaka. I closed my borders to her, which shut off her supply of iron. No swordsmen or axemen reinforcements for Izzy.