Most detested leader/civ?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Pachacutec, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Pachacutec

Pachacutec Chieftain

I was reading this thread and I got to wondering, what leaders do you guys dislike the most? Is there a certain someone (i.e. Mansa Musa) that you hold a grudge against from many games past? Do you take a sick pleasure in razing every last one of Isabellas cities? Share your thoughts.

2. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

Isabella is the winner without a doubt...

3. FuRRie

FuRRie King

Isabella tends to be pretty irritating, but she isn't the best warmonger.
    In most of my games Mansa is a real difficult guy to handle.
    Game i'm playing right now, he declared and i took some of his cities. then noticed his capital had over 10 units gaurding it on Warlord :o, I decided to make peace then ;).

4. Mr. Civtastic

Mr. Civtastic Prince

Montezuma, hands down. Ive only had one game where he didnt attack me. I always prepare an invasion force if he's near me.

5. jimbob27

jimbob27 Emperor

I hate Saladin. I don't think a lot of players seem to have problems with him, but I hate him!!! He usually tends to do pretty well, and has some nasty back-stabbing tendancies. He always seems to stab me in the back during the late game, even when I'm ahead of him in power. I guess it's because he's a much better tech trader than most of the other back-stabbers like Julius, Alex and monty. Those guys are rarely competition later on, where as Saladin quite often is, so when he attacks it's usually a lot worse than when Alex or Julius attacks early on.

6. Goldfish4209

Goldfish4209 Chieftain

Tokugawa, hands down. He has a tendency to declare war just because he's annoyed. Or to kill my settler, in one case. Screw him. A thousand years later, he's still annoyed but the tanks roll in and Japan becomes eastern Arabia.

7. bassist2119

bassist2119 Warlord

Pretty much everyone may or may not declare war on you, but proper prep means this is usually more of a disconvenience than a threat of losing a game. That being said, my vote goes to Mansa. He will beat you through peaceful channels, has the traits and uniques to do it, and there's very little to do against him. Everyone loves him, so declaring war on him usually means inevitable war against 2-5 others; at least bad relationships with everyone. With this being his modus opernadi, I take the greatest pleasure not in conquering him, but sending all four spies to destroy him from within.

One time he was two turns away from Statue of Liberty and my spies wrecked it... I had to get out of my chair and do a little end-zone dance.

8. chronicdog

chronicdog Chieftain

Huayna Capac. That guy is a penis.

9. holy king

holy king Deity

alexander...
    he's just a freak...

10. MisterPresident

MisterPresident Chieftain

I agree with civtastic about Montezuma. That guy is really really annoying. One time I was in a long struggle with a neighbour, so I basically left my backlands unprotected. Montezuma came in, declared war and raped my cities :eek:

11. Pogel

Pogel Warlord

I like Monty, he's like the comedy civ - crazy old Monty, what will he do next? He can also be manipulated quite well.

I'm not fond of Toku - he's just rude and uncooperative.

12. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Tokugawa is a frustrating lonely bastard. But Izzy is a lot worse, cause she whinges and whinges and whinges (and whinges) when you dont have the same religion as her. Then she attacks, get beaten down, and STILL! whinges and whinges and whinges and attacks.

13. Rexflex

Rexflex Prince

Yeah, both Isabella and I are very dogmatic about our respective religions and so it is really only a matter of time before we come to blows.

14. Pogel

Pogel Warlord

I quite like Izzy. I'll try to switch to her religion if I can, at which point she becomes a useful ally, spending her time spreading religion. Later on, I can back-stab her and steal her holy city.

15. Civ4rulesTH

Civ4rulesTH Warlord

I hate Isabella and Monty although Hannibal can be nasty as well.

16. karembeu

karembeu Chieftain

Isabella for me too (old grudge, and she's a whiny bint), but Tokugowa is annoying as well.

To make you Monty haters feel better, I just finished him off last night :D

17. Mango

Mango Tasty Fruit

Isabella is annoying unless she's right next to you. Then you just wait for her to go through the early religions, maybe build a shrine or two and then take them from her. I enjoy seeing her as a neighbor (unless I am gunning for a religion too) but if she's on the far side of the continent then I always end up hating her.

Mansa was the first person to beat me and slowly I realized that he is pretty good at teching. The guy wheels and deals his way back into contention when he's down too. I don't hate him, but him and Ghandi are the two peace-nics who always out tech me on higher difficulties. I hate seeing them more than Isabella.

Tokugawa holds a special place in my heart for upsetting my bid for a diplomatic victory through no fault of his own. I took him out when he was #2 and then Julius ended up going to #2 and winning the vote. Julius was friendly with me. If I had his votes and Korea's I would have won <_<

18. Donkey Puncher

Donkey Puncher Prince

issy is a total Beeyotch I crenge when I see her. and I perp to goto war As soon as I see her . when I see her she must die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. GoldenWheels

GoldenWheels Chieftain

Mansa for me. Isabella and Monty are certainly a pain in the butt to see but it also pretty much determines my start as soon as I do see them....wipe them out before they mess with me, and no one else seems to mind. Monty usually has enemies already besides me and at least destroying Isabella usually nets you a holy city.

Mansa on the other hand seems to make friends fast so war hurts the old relations, his UU is a great defender (especially for a horse loving Mongol like myself :( ) and if you let him hang around, he is a research monster.

20. Olleus

Olleus Deity

I actualy really like Isebela as noone likes her so you can conquer her (and take all those lovely holy cities). Also it one game, she saved my ass when she declared war on Gandhi in the modern age. That guy had over a dozen mehc infantries in all his cities, and as many jet fighters/stealth bombers. I couldn't even move out of the few cities I had conquered without being beaten back.

I have to say that Gandih is an @ss hole. He never forgets anything. Once I accepted to stop trading with him in 100BC, and by 1500AD he still wouldn't talk to me! Even though he was pleased! Also, he does build up a decent army, but never declares war so it stays big for the whole game. And as everybody likes him, its incredibly hard to find allies. Add to that his enormous skill in the space race and you see why I hate him.

Montezuma is also annoying as he doesn't understand what loyatly means, and Tokugawa just hates me in every game, luckily he usualy dies early on.