Most Historically Accurate Thing That Ever Happened To You

I don't know if this is accurate or not, but, I played as the Celts on one of my custom earth maps, and spawned England right on the British Isles, and I also settled my cities in the right spot, named them where they were accurately, and London was their capital.

I was America, and got invaded by England, but beat them off by marching land troops up the throat of one of England's cities, combined with dropping units off behind it via my navy to surround it and cut off reinforcements. Just to make things interesting, my leader was Washington

Of course, this was all pre-AD.

Nice, only thing is that he wasn't really a GG :p

Nice, only thing is that he wasn't really a GG :p

:eek:

Monty rocked! He just got up Pattons nose and has consequently been portrayed badly stateside ever since.

Ok, please, no Monty (Zuma or Gomery) argument here please.

I have gotten a GG called Jeanne d'Arc, from my sheep city (lol), when invaded by England.

Obviously I was France. She later died in combat with an English GG.... called Bernard Montgomery..... in 1941...

The only thing that historically accrate to me was building the Great Wall as China (and ending up as the largest country second to the Russians, stupid REXing Cathy. The Americans build the Statue of Liberty, Broadway, and Rock and Roll between the 1920's - 1950's; and he built the Internet in 1981. Bejing was the most unhealthiest city at the time. England, Germany and France got DOWed on by Russia by the 1930's, and Hiroshima got nuked by the Americans in the mid 1960's. All this happened in the same game. Had it not be for the different land mass you would've sworn you were on Earth.

I had a game where Rome and Carthage were seperated by a small sea and at war.

Ok, please, no Monty (Zuma or Gomery) argument here please.

I have gotten a GG called Jeanne d'Arc, from my sheep city (lol), when invaded by England.

Obviously I was France. She later died in combat with an English GG.... called Bernard Montgomery..... in 1941...

Bernard pwns!

Ah, I just was trying to edit a Earth 18 map. It all turned out okay, except I must've done something wrong. The French flag got changed to a white flag.

:lol: You have no idea how funny that is, right?

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."
--- General George S. Patton

I was playing as Ramses II and fathered over 100 children.

I was playing as Ramses II and fathered over 100 children.

...and if you're really an Ex-Cop they disgraced your good reputation by demanding to be treated special and bugging you every time they got in trouble with the law. :)

I once had Christianity founded in Rome (alright that's not really the Holy City), Islam founded in Mecca and the UN built in New York

Last week, as Germany, I lost the game in 1945 (well, very close to that) against a coalition of the US, England and the Aztecs. Freakin' Aztecs!

I had founded Islam and spread it all over my civ. The Americans refused to talk to me on the grounds that I was a terrorist.

I just finished a game on a Europe 18 Civs map as Rome. As soon as I met the Carthaginians I declared war. I always do that to easily wipe out a civ at the start. So after I defeated them, I killed the Greeks, and then Spain. Then the Mongolians declared war on me while I was fighting the Germans. The Germans captured my whole western empire while I was fighting back the Keshiks, and then Justinian, who was friendly with me, declared war on me and took my eastern half. I had recaptured Rome, and that was my only city when i was finally at peace again. I later won a cultural victory.
I didn't even realize how crazy that was until I was telling my friend about it.

Top Bottom