Mount Denali returns to original name after 98 years as Mount McKinley

Its government, its damn lucky we didn't end up with McDenali.
You mean McDonalds. Just wait until The Donald becomes president and starts auctioning off names of natural resources like stadiums now are to help pay for his free wall.

Never going to happen. An uncouth orifice like that guy will never appeal to the general population.

Mount McDonalds though, its got a certain ring. Should be painted orange however and have 'BILLIONS SOLD' written across it in big yellow letters. Maybe the special forces could do that to help pay for the military. :)

I won't care. I'll be fishing for grouper in the Gulf of Tampax Tampons.

Couldn't be worse than what's her name, the dumb as a stump wife of the guy who debated with the world the meaning of 'is'.

Maybe she could be pres and he VP. That way we would really need the Gulf to relieve the mess we'd be in.

I grew up in an "otherwise perfectly flat" plain. I call BS. Kilimanjaro I might accept.

Denali covers a large section of the horizon, regardless of where you are in Anchorage. You drive ten miles, it's still there.

J

Like I said, Denali must be this *time many*. As in, a lot more of the same effect as a stark 400m hill in an otherwise perfectly flat plain (which is what I grew up by, and it is very much an inescapable mass and looming presence).

And obviously, Denali being more than twelve time the size would have the same effect from much further away.

Mount McDonalds though, its got a certain ring. Should be painted orange however and have 'BILLIONS SOLD COLD' written across it in big yellow letters. Maybe the special forces could do that to help pay for the military. :)

fixed that for you

This is a shameful act! We conquered those people many years ago, to give them this symbolic victory is an outrage! It is a slap in the face to the American people whose forefathers spread this great nation across this continent!

So are you saying you don't respect the wishes of the state legislature? Because it ain't only natives who call the mountain Denali, it's most Alaskans and to allow the mountain to stay McKinley would mean accepting that one state can bully another. I thought that you of all people would at least protest that.

So are you saying you don't respect the wishes of the state legislature? Because it ain't only natives who call the mountain Denali, it's most Alaskans and to allow the mountain to stay McKinley would mean accepting that one state can bully another. I thought that you of all people would at least protest that.

All state Governments should be removed and the Federal government given all power!

I thought you said that the U.S. System was the most perfect form of government? Doesn't that statement indicate you think it can be improved and is therefore not perfect?

I said the Federal Government was perfect the states are of their own creation and must be removed.

I'll get right on that.

Top Bottom