MSMD: How to Create a Mod (video demo)

This was a brilliant tutorial. It was a lot easier to see it on the screen than to try to piece it together by reading what different people have posted. I don't think I could have finished my own mod without this tutorial, so thanks again!!

Hay i was wondering if there was more then just that way of doing it, because I've been doing exactly what you said to do in the introduction and the computer keeps saying that that you know the name thing we write in the target box is not valid and to make sure the path and file name was correct. So yeah.

Okay, I'm being silly here. I'm trying to make a shortcut like it says in the first video. I've followed Kael's smooth, smarmy instructions on making the shortcut to the letter, but when I activate it I get a message saying "Invalid Mod Directory." What is odd, however, is that I can still load the mod in through the game and it works fine. I can't for the life of me figure out what I did wrong.

Just checking the error message...it seems you have a space too much there at the end.

If you can't get it to work, you might want to try one of the several available mod choosers in the utilities section to directly start your mod without having to start normal Bts.

what program did you use to make your button? is it something that can be downloaded?

and assuming I can't make a button, will the mod still function without a picture?

Okay, I'm being silly here. I'm trying to make a shortcut like it says in the first video. I've followed Kael's smooth, smarmy instructions on making the shortcut to the letter, but when I activate it I get a message saying "Invalid Mod Directory." What is odd, however, is that I can still load the mod in through the game and it works fine. I can't for the life of me figure out what I did wrong.

I get this same MOD error and I noticed that this was attempted on a Steam-downloaded version of the game. Mine is also from Steam...is this a problem only with Steam versions and how do we compensate for it?

I might be mistaken but in the screen shot it looks like there's an extra space after the 'CiviliNations'.

Could be! I just thought it an odd coincidence that I got this error just like another Steam user and I'm pretty sure that when I created my shortcut, I had the same problem but I pretty certain that I didn't add or omit any characters or spaces.

:confused: Not sure what to do about it...oh well. Plenty to play on Civ4 without my modding project if I can't get it to work!

Top Bottom