MSMD: How to Create a Mod (video demo)

You need something to open .dds files, and the in windows included programs can't do that. It doesn't have to be Photoshop (because it costs quite a bit), there are also free other programs (e.g. GIMP or paint.net) around, but you'll probably need one.

Notepad++ is not required, there are text editors (not that good but can do the same thing) integrated in Windows.

I just want to add a Start screen for a mod. I thought there was a tutorial or How To for it, but it doesn´t show as a thread. Any suggestions?

XML\Art\MainMenus.xml redirects via the Scene entry to ArtDefines_interfaces.xml, where the .nif is mentioned.

...which is in the case here not really relevant, since the next war nif has the same name like the BtS nif, so copying the next war main menu folder just into your mod will already override the BtS main menu.

OK, I´ll just swap the .dds then, thanks! :thumbsup:

EDIT Hm, I´m having some trouble converting to .dds: DDS Converter loads the image, but the Convert button can´t be selected; ImageConverter won´t let me select the original image (although it says it converts JPEG to dds, the JPEG doesn´t show as a loadable image from my JPEG folder). :confused:

OK, I copied the Next War Screens subfolder and swapped my image for what was in it, but the starting screen doesn´t show. (It´s a Final Frontier mod and the original FF screen just loads.) Am I missing something?

OK, I did that, but it still loads the FF animated start screen. How can that be? I removed the FF .dds, and put my own in...

OK. tried that, but still showing the FF screen. I also had a look at Star Trek and Babylon 5 mods, but can´t see what´s wrong here... :sad:

Top Bottom