MTDG Cage Match - RegentMan's *Spoiler*

Ginger declares war on me by moving a woodsman level two warrior onto my grassland forested hill, to explore my lands. :(

That warrior will speed across my lands while having a defensive bonus. Hopefully he'll slip up and wander onto a farm...

Long time, no update!

Ginger's warrior has sped around my lands, but really causing no trouble. He has been hiding in Caesar's territory whenever he gets close to being surrounded. I've hooked up my horses to get a two-move unit. Hopefully, that'll be able to end the Scourge of Ale!

My Stonehenge build has produced my first :gp: ! He was used to build:

The Mahabodhi! Hopefully Buddhism will spread. Speaking of religions, Ginger_Ale has used the Oracle to grab Confucianism! Peter is Hindu, and Caesar is Jewish (Tokugawa is also Jewish). I'm not going to have many friends.

Since Ginger has at least three cities, I felt it was time to get another one or two founded. I was thinking site three, followed by site two in quick sucession:

:)

plon a city near toku or julius and attempt to get judaism in there or hinduism with peter. either way you want to get a religion that the AI has so you can then use it to sway them into battering GA.

Peace has finally returned to the world! The maurading warrior Ginger_Ale sent through my lands fell right into the well-planned Regentian trap, and is now slain. The Third Ginger-Regentian War is over. Vive la Regentia!

Two new cities have been founded recently. I decided against two northern sites in order to grab my only iron with UN City. I'm thinking the next city should also go in the south, to combat Ginger's presence there.

I just founded N'est-ce Pas this turn. Julius can be persuaded to open borders with me, but I decided to wait until the south can be tamed. He has very few cities, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Northern Regentia:

Southern Regentia:

Is that Gingers land to the east of your new city?
It will have serious cultural pressure.

It will. I'm hoping stonehenge's free obelisk and a soon to be produced missionary will get some basic culture started, then produce a couple of religious buildings.

Who will reach Guilds first?
I think Ginger has a slight lead on guilds right now. If I see it pop up before I get it, then spears/pikes are my friend.

Ginger_Ale has declared war upon me for the fourth time. Here's the battlefield:

Well, he declared only to see the battle odds. That chariot was on my borders, and the heck I'm going to trust Ginger_Ale not to cross over my borders. So, I defended the hill tile, and he retreated. He wants to make peace, and I have sent him a peace offer. I need to build up peacefully, and, well, get ten guaranteed turns of peace from him!

:splat:

Well, another update from the R-Man. It appears that my colleague Ginger_Ale doesn't care about his fans here in the MTDG. Know that one of us does! :goodjob:

A few interesting events:
  • Ginger_Ale has yet to make peace with me. :hmm:
  • Julius Caesar converted from Judaism (his founded religion) to Buddhism (on his own)!
  • I've opened borders with Rome, as I've founded cities in the right spots.
  • Tokugawa declared war on Caesar after I sent the last save, so I was surprised to see Caesar contact me with an offer to declare war on Japan!
  • Needing one ally in this cruel world, I declare war on Tokugawa! I capture a worker.

Although I've permanently soured my relations with Peter (Tokugawa's religious ally). We're looking to start a Rome and Regentia vs. Japan, Russia, and Spain here! :eek:

640 AD, and not a single cottage? Are you running an odd variant rules game here RM?
(And judging by your tech pace, you're not running many scientists either.)

I knew cottages were important, but I didn't realize how much so. Plans are in motion to build quite a few, with construction beginning this turn (143. I captured Osaka!).

The problem with that is cottages take time to grow, so there effects on kick in later so they need to be built early.

It might be an idea not to keep any captured cities as the maintenance will kill you. Also might be worth extorting Toku for peace;)

Seems to have more farms than anything else right now, can bulb his way there and then trade for the rest of what he needs.

I have made peace with Tokugawa, netting some gold and gold per turn in the process (I didn't have the manpower to do more damage and get techs without hurting my destroyed economy anymore). Now I am focused on two things:
  • Cottage building and production
  • Spearman training
My biggest fear is having Ginger_Ale destroy me with conquistadors. He is much further ahead of me in technology, unfortunately.

Northern Regentia

Southern Regentia

I have completed currency, much earlier than the expected Turn 186 completion.

Markets will be going up next turn in my three research cities. I'll be getting another great prophet in four turns. I'll probably add him to a city to make the most of his five :gold: .

Top Bottom