MTDG Cage Match - RegentMan's *Spoiler*

RegentMan

Deity
No Ginger_Ale here! :hammer:

Well, I can't have Ginger_Ale out-do me, so I'll have a spoiler thread here at CFC. I have one set up at CDZ, but both should be identical. However, if you read both threads, keep comments non-spoilerish! Do not post something in our threads that could tip one another off, e.g. "Hey RM, you might want to reinforce your port city. A little birdy tells me that Ginger will invade there." Any other comments are much welcomed, however. :)

I just played turn two, and here is my complete start:

I'm going for Buddhism. I wanted Spain so I could work any lake tiles in my radius and possibly go for the coveted hydra. Maybe I'll still be able to do it here? Depends what Ginger goes for.

Just a note, but "the hydra" is NOT a good tactic in multiplayer, even if you were 100% confident that you start apart, which you aren't. There are more important techs to research, like military techs and land improvement techs. In single player, you can count on eventually getting all of the land you need form the AI. You can't count on that in multiplayer, and even if the map meant that you could, you would get going far too late to be competitive.

That said, getting a religion isn't necessarily a bad idea. Getting two is pointless, and getting three is definitely a bad idea.

Your start location is pretty bad — no rivers, all of those lakes without lighthouse access, the only food being a cow — but you do have a plains hill capital, at least.

Good luck :).

Who's Up for a CS Sling? I would enjoy One!

Meditation (Not my first choice but it will Definetly Physc out GA)

But if you go Mining, Bronze, Agri, Animal, Writing, Priest, CoL it should be a snap.

With a worker, chopped out worker chopped out Library and a couple of Forced Scientists I Put it at roughly 1800-2000 B.C. although it might have to be pottery instead of Agri/Animal but not hooking up the cow seems liek such a waste.

Oh well anyways if you do go for it and pull it off it will sure be a boost :goodjob:

I guess the hydra is a bad idea. Good RP value, but too much regardless.
Memphus said:
With a worker, chopped out worker chopped out Library and a couple of Forced Scientists I Put it at roughly 1800-2000 B.C. although it might have to be pottery instead of Agri/Animal but not hooking up the cow seems liek such a waste.
:confused: We Regentians are simple folk! ;)

Meanwhile, back in the game:

Turn 4

I bet one twig it's Peter (remember, we're in vanilla). Any takers?

Hey Regentman a little birdy told me Ginger Ale wants to pound you into the dust so that he can have the bragging right upto the CIV 5 mtdg, or is this information spoilerish:mischief:

RegentMan said:
I guess the hydra is a bad idea. Good RP value, but too much regardless.

:confused: We Regentians are simple folk! ;)

Alright alright I guess that is a little bit difficult. Well then you could at least pull of a Worker steal with your neighbour to the North :evil:

Its easier to do a worker steal on higher levels though, this is noble so the AI doesnt start with one IIRC.

I would suggest abstaining for abusive tricks like worker stealing. You're supposedly to be playing a competitive game against GA, not using the AI's stupidity to cheat.

Robi D said:
Hey Regentman a little birdy told me Ginger Ale wants to pound you into the dust so that he can have the bragging right upto the CIV 5 mtdg, or is this information spoilerish:mischief:
:p

I popped the hut and got a scout! The scout reveals...

Looks like I own one twig and one stone now! :D

DaveMCW said:
Wow, you guys must have a better monitor than me. I think it looks like Arabia! :eek:
Well, I'm Arabia, so it might not be 100% incorrect. ;)

Pretty tight quarters RM. Where the heck are the rivers?
What's the plan after meditation?

You're tellin' me, Whomp: Turn 6

Border expansion reveals... Caesar! :eek:

After meditation? I didn't think about it. :lol: I need defense, so going for archers might be wise. Or, if offense is the best defense, either animal husbandry (horses) or bronze working (copper). It will be awhile before I can get bronze working, though.

Did you make the map tiny instead of small by accident?

I'd say bronze working, as there are quite a lot of forests (and jungles!) around.

AH is pretty important to work the cow.

If AH reveals horses nearby, I would go for Horseback Riding before Bronze Working. Horses are deadly against an opponent with no spears. ;)

Robi D said:
Did you make the map tiny instead of small by accident?
No, I'm sure I didn't, otherwise I would have had to add slots for the extra AI. Pretty cramped quarters! Watch, Ginger is in his own little world...

DaveMcW said:
If AH reveals horses nearby, I would go for Horseback Riding before Bronze Working. Horses are deadly against an opponent with no spears. ;)
Thanks for the tip. :p

With the cows, and mobile horses, I think I'll go for animal husbandry next. Although bronze working will be needed with all the foilage around here, as dutchfire pointed out.

Top Bottom