Multiplayer Issues

SpartanU

Chieftain
I was playing a multiplayer game recently and ran into a couple problems:

1) The espionage weights acted really weird for weights on other players. The weight added and subtracted from other players' civs changed without using the [+],[-] buttons (It just set the weight on its own, and frequently changed it).

2) We also ran into the OOS (Out Of Sync) error twice within the first 200 turns. I don't think the OOS error was due to HR because I've had OOS errors occur several times before in non-HR games. In my non-HR games the OOS errors become more frequent until they eventually occur every turn (so perhaps its better to just start a new game?). Has anybody else had this issue on HR? We were playing on Windows, using online multiplayer.

(For everyone unfamiliar with the OOS error, you will know if you have experienced it because in multiplayer games red text will appear on your screen (usually flashing) which instructs players with different sync values to leave and rejoin the game to get the game back into sync.)

Also I would post the save but I don't think it will be very helpful; the players are locked with passwords. I'll be sure to play without locking the players my next round.

1) The espionage weights acted really weird for weights on other players. The weight added and subtracted from other players' civs changed without using the [+],[-] buttons (It just set the weight on its own, and frequently changed it).

That'll be related to a bug Leoreth posted about earlier. Still working on it.

2) We also ran into the OOS (Out Of Sync) error twice within the first 200 turns. I don't think the OOS error was due to HR because I've had OOS errors occur several times before in non-HR games. In my non-HR games the OOS errors become more frequent until they eventually occur every turn (so perhaps its better to just start a new game?). Has anybody else had this issue on HR? We were playing on Windows, using online multiplayer.

Next time you try multiplayer, please try with Natural Wonders disabled. I suspect they're causing an OOS like you describe.

Also I would post the save but I don't think it will be very helpful; the players are locked with passwords. I'll be sure to play without locking the players my next round.

I can't load multiplayer games at all, regardless of password. What I need is every player to enable the logging system and send me their Log folder after the OOS first occurs.

Top Bottom