Resource icon

Multiple Unit per Tile 2016-11-07

This is a nice mod but does anyone know how to make the AI stack their units too? Because right now anytime 2 or more of their units end a turn in the same tile the AI units are forcibly pushed to an empty tile. This does not happen to me just the AI and I do not know why.

Apparently, unless there is more code released by Firaxis, the AI can't be programed to know how to use this. Since unit movement has been so clumsy, I've recently started using this mod, allowing a stack of 2. I'd probably like to raise it to stack 3, but since the AI doesn't know how to stack any units, I think 2 is a good compromise so that it isn't too unfair.

I love this mod! Any hope of fixing the Great person glitch that happens with this and the recent update?

You can fix it easily mate. Open the C::\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UICiv6Common.lua file and copy from line 725 to the end, then add it to the end of the file with the same name in the mod. Then move it into the :\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI folder (overwriting the original). It will work.

If you haven't got a lua editor there is a free one called Lua Edit 2010 that works perfectly and is the one I use.

Can't seem to get this mod to work - even lost ability to swap locations of units. Mods in use are All Roads Lead to Rome, Better Trade Screen, Combat and Stacking Overhaul (likely source of conflict), DLC for Aztec Poland and Vikings, Ethiopia, Moar Units, More Lenses, Production Queue and RED Modpack. I updated the lua file as instructed. Please advise... If Combat and Stacking is the conflict, can I somehow strip it from a saved file? Hate to lose game in progress. Thanks much.

For those with an interest, I seemed to have answered my own question. I moved the conflicting Combat and Stacking Overhaul Mod out of the mods folder and reloaded my game, and your mod functioned. That other mod is listed, but cannot be found to load and therefore does not conflict any longer.

Remove the Civ6Common.lua file from this mod and it's compatible with pretty much anything ( it's the file that removes the "swap units" functionality )

Of course Combat and Stacking Overhaul will still conflict, since it does something similar but it's way more complex

Remove the Civ6Common.lua file from this mod and it's compatible with pretty much anything ( it's the file that removes the "swap units" functionality )

Of course Combat and Stacking Overhaul will still conflict, since it does something similar but it's way more complex
How come combat stacking and overhaul the AI stacks but in yours they do not?

FYI - this mod is not working properly with the Summer Patch. The deal screen with other Civ's does not work properly when this mod is loaded. Can you please update for the Summer Patch as I love this mod?

I compared the multiunit common.lua file against the updated and found a small change. I added that change to the the mulitunit .lua file and this seems to have resolved the deal screen. Add return labelX, labelY; as shown below.
"

-- ===========================================================================
-- A helper function to size a GridButton to its string contents
-- ARG 1: gridButton (table) - expects a control of type GridButton to be resized
-- ARG 4: minX (number) - the minimum width of the button
-- ARG 5: minY (number) - the minimum height of the button
-- ARG 2: OPTIONAL padding (number) - the amount of padding which should be inserted around the text string
-- ARG 3: OPTIONAL sizeOption (string) - expects V or H - to specifiy if the button should only be sized vertically or horizontally
-- ===========================================================================
function AutoSizeGridButton(gridButton:table,minX: number, minY: number, padding:number, sizeOption:string)
if (sizeOption == nil) then
sizeOption = "1";
end
if (padding == nil) then
padding = 0;
end
local labelControl = gridButton:GetTextControl();
local labelX = labelControl:GetSizeX() + padding*2;
local labelY = labelControl:GetSizeY() + padding*2;
if (minX ~= nil) then
labelX = math.max(minX, labelX);
end
if (minY ~= nil) then
labelY = math.max(minY, labelY);
end
if(sizeOption == "V" or sizeOption == "1") then
gridButton:SetSizeY(labelY);
end
if(sizeOption == "H" or sizeOption == "1") then
gridButton:SetSizeX(labelX);
end
return labelX, labelY;
end

I compared the multiunit common.lua file against the updated and found a small change. I added that change to the the mulitunit .lua file and this seems to have resolved the deal screen. Add return labelX, labelY; as shown below.

Solved the problem - many thanks!
I think it was about line 488.

This mod is really the most important one with cqui.
I really hope you will end to make something working both player and AI.

Top Bottom