Soupy Delicious

Warlord
Hey guys, this is just two (7) hours' work culminating in the addition of some extra music into all of the ages in modless Civilization 4 BTS that I suddenly realised I wanted in my game.

It's all Civilization 5 music, and I spent most of those two hours making sure they fit in for the most part; Civ 5's soundtrack is pretty different from Civ 4's, mainly for the fact that it includes lots of different cultures' music... it's also a little more dramatic. So, while I sought the most Civ 4-like musics, it's not going to be completely seamless; but I am quite satisfied.

That's it. A lightweight, unambitious tid-bit. Didn't see anything else like this on the internet, so I hope you enjoy :D
https://www.mediafire.com/?dsyms0csqyq2dd7
DOWNLOAD

INSTALL ---

If you're using a Steam copy of the game simply plonk (do not place, plonk) the downloaded file into: Steam/steamapps/common/Civ4BTS/BTS/MODS and then load the mod on launch.

If you're not using steam, then I imagine it's much the same, just minus the whole Steam part of it.

If you use K-Mod, a folder comes with the download, edited files inside.
---------------------

I figured I'd post here considering this isn't really much of a mod. Kindly move it (or ask me to) if it's not appropriate. If I've broken any other laws, tell me so!

Thanks and enjoy

Last edited:
I did the same myself with VI's music, but I don't suppose there is a convenient way for me to upload only those relevant nuggets of code, out of the entire XML files that contain far more pieces of music?

I could upload dozens of civilisations and whatnot too (I'm currently adding SMAC's civilisations), except that it all isn't very convenient. Perhaps I should just upload my mod in total somewhere, at some point.

I did the same myself with VI's music, but I don't suppose there is a convenient way for me to upload only those relevant nuggets of code, out of the entire XML files that contain far more pieces of music?

I could upload dozens of civilisations and whatnot too (I'm currently adding SMAC's civilisations), except that it all isn't very convenient. Perhaps I should just upload my mod in total somewhere, at some point.
I'm a little late, but yeah you'd probably have to package the XMLs as full, modded XMLs, unless you direct people to injecting the additional text themselves.

Top Bottom