Music of Civ VI

Well as far as I know Christopher Tin is back and he will compose the main theme for Civ 6 it will be called 'Sogno di Volare' (The Dream of Flight), so the theme we hear playing in the First Look videos is obviously not that one.

Well as far as I know Christopher Tin is back and he will compose the main theme for Civ 6 it will be called 'Sogno di Volare' (The Dream of Flight), so the theme we hear playing in the First Look videos is obviously not that one.

Your info is old. It was already composed and premiered.

I really liked the Brasil music that I heard in one of the Lets Plays. The guitars sounded so wonderful :)

To refer back to the whole 'European music hate' thing I saw on the first page, are there any specific examples? I can't think of an example I didn't like. I love the music in V for the most part and always have it louder than the voices, sound effects, and ambiance. The only piece I can think of that I dislike is Arabia.

To refer back to the whole 'European music hate' thing I saw on the first page, are there any specific examples? I can't think of an example I didn't like. I love the music in V for the most part and always have it louder than the voices, sound effects, and ambiance. The only piece I can think of that I dislike is Arabia.

Honestly, most of the non-leader European music was just painful to listen to, with the exception of Chopin's Nocturne and Bach's Fugue.

So far the music I've heard in the Civ6 videos is great,

America's theme is some folksy violin music, don't recognize the song

Aztecs' has Native flute music

Brazil has the Portuguese sounding guitar music

China has the guzheng, with some people saying the song is Mo Li Hua

Japan has the flute, and it seems to be Rokudan no Shirabe again

I saw England in some videos, but didn't notice their theme music, I also didn't notice any war themes (please let there be war themes! :cry:)

The other music is great, I recognized Epitaph of Seikilos (Greece's theme in Civ5) and a famous Medieval (I think it's Medieval?) English song that I can't name
England's leader theme is Scarborough Fair. It can be heard most clearly starting at 26:30 in the PCGamesN playthrough that was linked to on the last page, which I have here too.

https://youtu.be/HM-2A7D_u0k?t=26m30s

Who can hate I Vow to Thee My Country?? Unless that was Elizabeth's leader theme :crazyeye:

That was Elizabeth's leader theme. :king: I can't think of any of any leader theme's I didn't like, but even there I think the Middle Eastern themes stand out as the best. Darius's peace theme ("Morghe Sahar") may be my favorite.

That was Elizabeth's leader theme. :king: I can't think of any of any leader theme's I didn't like, but even there I think the Middle Eastern themes stand out as the best. Darius's peace theme ("Morghe Sahar") may be my favorite.

Woops my bad! Yeah I loved the leader themes. I suppose I would have a hard time picking out memorable tunes outside of them. I still remember when Attila was announced being obsessed with his war theme. And I Vow To Thee My Country always almost brings a tear to my eye even though I'm a Murican

Woops my bad! Yeah I loved the leader themes. I suppose I would have a hard time picking out memorable tunes outside of them. I still remember when Attila was announced being obsessed with his war theme. And I Vow To Thee My Country always almost brings a tear to my eye even though I'm a Murican

Attila's "Li Ling Si Han" was a strange choice for the civ, but it was also one of my favorites. :D I presume they just decided to go with the no-longer-standard theory that the Huns were the Xiongnu...

I don't hate the music in Civ 5, I hate the bug during war time and how repetitive the music becomes, butt hat is applicable to every region of music.

From what I listened to, I will need to avoid playing as Japan just to avoid their music. I'm sure it's a fine representation of culture and all, but it's soooo slow. I wasn't a fan of the music in Civ V either. It's not just "classical" music, it's easy listening classical music. Stuffy, stuffy, stuffy. It's really too bad "Rhapsody in Blue" is copyrighted, because that would be perfect for the kind of music I'd want for America, for example.

To be more explicit, the worst of Civ V came in the modern era, when you would think the world is all hustle and bustle, with metropolises everywhere, massive global tensions, and Hollywood movies are a big thing. And instead of exciting you get... elevator music.

summarizing the known Civ6 theme inspirations

America-Hard Times Come Again No More

Aztecs-unidentified

Brazil-unidentified

China-Mo Li Hua

Egypt-unidentified

England-Scarborough Fair

France-Le Tourdion

Japan-Rokudan no Shirabe

Oooh, that's a good choice. Since pretty much every other civ is represented by folk music rather than patriotic music (you don't see Napoleon being represented by "La Marseillaise"), I like the idea of bringing in some American folk music. :)

England's leader theme is Scarborough Fair. It can be heard most clearly starting at 26:30 in the PCGamesN playthrough that was linked to on the last page, which I have here too.

https://youtu.be/HM-2A7D_u0k?t=26m30s

In the same video, you can hear what sounds like Alexander's peace theme from Civ V in the background while the player is playing as Japan (at about 01:26:00) - weird! Placeholder? Generic ambient music? Or is it actually Japan's theme - and in which case, why is it exactly the same as the old Greek theme?

In the same video, you can hear what sounds like Alexander's peace theme from Civ V in the background while the player is playing as Japan (at about 01:26:00) - weird! Placeholder? Generic ambient music? Or is it actually Japan's theme - and in which case, why is it exactly the same as the old Greek theme?

It's the Epitaph of Seikilos--which was indeed Alexander's theme from Civ V. I imagine it's generic diplomacy music in that build (and incorrectly so).

summarizing the known Civ6 theme inspirations

Aztecs-unidentified

Brazil-unidentified

China-Mo Li Hua

Egypt-unidentified

England-Scarborough Fair

France-Le Tourdion

Japan-Rokudan no Shirabe

It's weird that China's theme comes from the 17th century Qing Dynasty, and is not say the Gao Shan theme of Wu Zetian of Civ V, which was from the Warring States Period right before Qin unified China.

There are only a few tracks implemeted into that build. And they seem to play no matter what is your civilization except for diplomacy tracks. It's definately not the way it is supposed to be.

EDT: It seems that meeting a new civ triggers their diplomacy music or something like that?

What I want about the music is:

- Each civ has it's own soundtrack, which progresses/changes with eras. Brazil has Brazilian tunes, Zulu has African tune etc. This would make each civ very unique asthetically.
- Adding/customizing easily our own music to that list right from the beginning when the game is released. The best idea is to implement "custom music folder" so that we don't have to edit xml files.
- A next track button in the interface.
- there are war/peace/neutral themes (like in Civ 5)
- Zooming over a territory of civilizations should trigger their diplomacy music (in the background) - like the ambience (it changes depending on the terrain).
- BTW, ambience in Civ 6 sounds a lot better than Civ 5.

Top Bottom