My dearest Boudica

Grimus

I
Well, last game I got owned... owned really bad. What's worse is that it was by Boudica, my love. Waves and waves of veteran units ravaged my empire. She even razed some of my cities.

I have all these strange emotions now going on thru my head. I mean, she's the love of my life and all, but she just treated me so very badly. I believe she still has feelings for me though, because that's just the way she is, it's in her nature, you know? She's always had a hot temper since we've met.

The worst is that my initial reaction was to yell at my screen and curse her. I even threw my bag of cheetos across the room and made a mess with my rage. But then I snapped out of it in horror with my hands trembling and was like, "oh my... what have I done?". I could've hurt her, I was shocked and quickly shutdown the game then I sat there staring at the blank screen for a while until I started to cry.

I'm very confused right now... I know every couple goes thru their rough moments, but I'm not used to it. I should've supported her instead, cheered her on, y'know? It's what she loves to do and I should stand by it. Do you guys have any advice for a poor guy like me? How would you handle this?

Man, I can remember when we first met like it was yesterday. I could swear, I saw her wink when her leaderhead popped up at me for the first time. I laughed when I saw the option that I'd like to put her head up on a pole... heck, I want to put her up on a monument! I didn't have much to offer her at first - I didn't have much land or wealth, I didn't even know how to write so that she could come visit me... but that is what's great about her - she didn't care, she looks deeper and past material things - she saw the real me!

I feel so awful right now... I'm thinking of starting up a new game with her and gifting her some of my resources, or maybe I'll go into world builder and give her some nice mounted units to play with. I just hope she finds it in her heart to forgive me. I don't want to seem too desperate though, or have her lose respect for me. Do you think it's much? Do I owe her more?

Boudica, I love you!! :cry:

Once again, this is why I loved Alpha Centauri- you could make real, deep, lasting commitments- so long as you played by the ladies' rules, you got along just fine.

It'll be alright. You let her win.

In a relationship, it's always a good idea to lose the conflict before she loses her temper. Don't escalate anything .Better to be wrong than have an unhappy partner. She probably has a long memory.

Very wise advise my friend - I'll remember that one.

Also an update:

We signed a cease fire! Things are looking up! Wish me luck.

boudica/rome FTW

What's worse is that it was by Boudica, my love. Waves and waves of veteran units ravaged my empire. She even razed some of my cities.

She knows that you love it when she plays rough.

Well, you let her have her way with you, so I don't see what you're complaining about. A better question to ask yourself might be, "If I like Boudica this much, how come our relations were bad enough that she declared war on me?" :D

Did you know that Queen Victoria was named after Boudica? Boudica means victorious in celtic. Apparently, Victoria was a fan of Boudica.

Did you know that Queen Victoria was named after Boudica? Boudica means victorious in celtic. Apparently, Victoria was a fan of Boudica.

In which age was she named Victoria? :crazyeye:
You give to understand that she renamed herself because she was a fan of Baudica! Probably just a misunderstanding ;)

In which age was she named Victoria? :crazyeye:
You give to understand that she renamed herself because she was a fan of Baudica! Probably just a misunderstanding ;)

LOL it was just a coincidence. She didn't name herself. :lol:

I hope that this doesn't make matters worse, but in my last game, Boudica was very Friendly with me for the entire game. She signed open borders with me quite early on, and there was a lot of...trade.

Marc

She attacked one of my well defended cities even when we had a defensive pact. :(

I hope that this doesn't make matters worse, but in my last game, Boudica was very Friendly with me for the entire game. She signed open borders with me quite early on, and there was a lot of...trade.

Marc

Why that little tramp! :mad:

Top Bottom