(My first SG)For newbies

scoutsout said:
Choxorn said something about being "hopelessly alone on this continent". Is this true?
Pequino said it, not me. But I do think we might be alone.

Oh, and a Roster that I hope won't change any more:

Pequino: On deck
goodsmell
choxorn: Just played
yagtag: Ghosting
cody: skipped
Little Corporal: UP
William: Ghosting

Okay we'll wait the 24hours untill' we see got it post by Little Corporal , if he won't I guess Pequenino will be the next . I'm pretty sure I won't skip my next turnset .

So let's rock I'm waiting ;)

I sure hope this turnset will get played already. it's been 60+ hours since I posted my set, and everybody keeps getting ghosted or skipped.

scoutsout said:
Lots of good discussion in here... but I wish you guys would work on some dotmaps. ;)

I enjoy the discussion about horses and archers v. spears... but it's a bit early for that yet. Something Choxorn posted on the last page provoked some questions in my mind.
  1. Choxorn said something about being "hopelessly alone on this continent". Is this true?
  2. If true, what are the research implications of this?
  3. How might this affect a Vanilla game compared to a C3C game?

I think i was the first one to actually post my comments on that thought, so i´ll answer:

1)It most probably is :D I don´t believe we have explored the entire continent yet, but if we haven´t, all that remains are really really small shadowed areas, where i doubt even a civ could hide. Am i right on that choxorn? (i ask you since u were the last to play the game)

2)We´ll probably have to make due with what we have for a while (until enemy civs research Map Making, and THEN get to building some Galleys). So i highly recommend we try to do us much MM´ing as we can in our cities, to get the most gold we can (for research), and focus a lot on our economic activities, not to mentio work all gold mountains.:king: :crazyeye: :lol:

3)Like i said in first post:( , i don´t have Conquest or PTW, so i can´t really compare:cry: :cry:

Little Corporal said:
Ok, why does the file keep opening up under Civ Assist 2? Choxorn, could you just email the file directly to me? Here's my email: ianoberle@gmail.com
lurker's comment: So far as I know, a .sav file opens with CAII if you click on the file without opening the game. If you open the game first, then click on "load game" (or is it "load file"?), navigate to the save and then click on it, it should open properly. Then it's your choice if you also want to run CAII in the background.

gmaharriet said:
lurker's comment: So far as I know, a .sav file opens with CAII if you click on the file without opening the game. If you open the game first, then click on "load game" (or is it "load file"?), navigate to the save and then click on it, it should open properly. Then it's your choice if you also want to run CAII in the background.
Its odd though, I can't get the save off my web browser(opera) onto my computer. When I try to put it on my Local Disk it just says that the local disk "can't handle the file" or something like that. I've emailed myself saves before, so I should be able to get this to work.

So basically, when you try to put it in your C:/Program Files/Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/Saves folder, it won't let you. And what do you mean, "under CAII"?

Little Corporal said:
Its odd though, I can't get the save off my web browser(opera) onto my computer. When I try to put it on my Local Disk it just says that the local disk "can't handle the file" or something like that. I've emailed myself saves before, so I should be able to get this to work.
I don't know about what effect Opera would have on downloading the file, but I use IE, so I'm not certain.

When I click on a save, I get a message asking if I want to "open" or "save" the file. I click "save" and browse to where the rest of my games are saved and save it directly to my hard drive. I don't think it goes through my browser at all. I think maybe if I clicked "open" when the message came up, that might cause CAII to open the file.

It's hard to offer suggestions without being able to see what you're looking at. :hmm:

choxorn said:
And what do you mean, "under CAII"?
You can open any save with CAII without having the game running. You can see the map and lots of information about the file, though you can't play the game at all that way.

Okay, I guess I will email it to you.

Try LEFT-clicking on this link:

Attachments

• Pequenino_SG2.SAV
    64.5 KB · Views: 85
Ok, here's my turnset:
Pre-turn: Switch Washington from Barracks to Granary. We don't need veteran units yet, so the barracks will just drain our money. Granary will let us build more settlers/workers. Have the worker(renamed Worker 1 for easy reference) mine the BG 1 NW of New York.

Turn 1: Warrior in NY finishes, I fortify him in the city and start work on a scout. I continue exploration.

Turn 2: Warrior in Boston finishes, he's fortified in the city. I start work on a scout. I explore some more.

Turn 3: Worker 1 finishes his mine. I begin building a road towards where I plan to expand next (here)

I explore.

Turn 4: Worker 1 starts his road 2 S of Washington. I explore.

Turn 5: My Scout in New York finishes. I send him to the SW. NY starts building a warrior.

Turn 6: We learn the wheel! I go for Bronze Working ( 8 turns)
Boston's scout finishes. I start a warrior.
Worker 1's road finishes. He moves 1 NW.
I, suprisingly, continue exploring. ANd I find the Aztecs!
They offer me this trade:

I accept.
They only have 2 cities, and they seem to be in inhospitable awful jungle, so we'll be fine methinks.

Turn 7: Worker 1 starts his road. I explore some more.

Turn 8: Washington finishes its granary. Settler is started. New York finishes its warrior. Settler started. I move the warrior towards the new city location and explore.

Turn 9: Worker 1 finishes his road. He starts irrigating the tile he was on. The warrior moves onto the tile the city will be founded on. I explore more. The southwest seems to mostly be tundra and hills behind the mountains. But there are dyes down there.

Turn 10: The warrior fortifies on the new city site.More exploration.

Turn 11: Boston builds its warrior. It starts a worker(he can be devoted to making this city viable.
I explore.

Turn 12: Worker 1 finishes his irrigation. He move to the new city location. I explore.

Turn 13: Worker 1 moves to the forest 1 NW of him. I explore, and continue
moving the Boston warrior towards Washington

Turn 14: We learn Bronze Working. I research Alphabet(12 turns)
Washington builds the settler. It starts a worker. The Boston warrior reaches Washington.
Worker 1 starts a road on the forest.

Turn 15: The Aztecs have built another city near us. The settler moves into position on the city site. I move the warrior towards New York.

Here's our empire after all this:

Azteca:

And a dotmap:

I would go for red dot first, then teal.

Here's the save:
Save

Ohh that's great we've two horses near our territory !

Red dot is nice , we'll capture horses + river + 2 Wheat on our non-expanded city , then we'll have the fish . I won't avoid the place north to red dot , it has river and 3 BG's !
and it's only CxxxC from NY as reddot does .

now something on your turnset , I think we could research Alphabet or something instead of researching Bronze Working especialy you started to research it when you did'nt meet Aztecs . ( researching 3 militaristic techs in a row , when there are no civs we've met IS MISTAKE ! ) .

we really need this 2nd Scout ? can't we just explore the remain side of continent with our Warrior ?

and btw why did'nt you work the BG and roaded the forest with the Game :(
I hope next player will do so , with the worker that will be built in our Capitol

EDIT : I forgot to say that I'm glad we finally met the Aztecs that are so LOW , they really f****d up with the jungle .

goodsmell said:
Ohh that's great we've two horses near our territory !

Red dot is nice , we'll capture horses + river + 2 Wheat on our non-expanded city , then we'll have the fish . I won't avoid the place north to red dot , it has river and 3 BG's !
and it's only CxxxC from NY as reddot does .

now something on your turnset , I think we could research Alphabet or something instead of researching Bronze Working especialy you started to research it when you did'nt meet Aztecs . ( researching 3 militaristic techs in a row , when there are no civs we've met IS MISTAKE ! ) .

we really need this 2nd Scout ? can't we just explore the remain side of continent with our Warrior ?

and btw why did'nt you work the BG and roaded the forest with the Game :(
I hope next player will do so , with the worker that will be built in our Capitol

EDIT : I forgot to say that I'm glad we finally met the Aztecs that are so LOW , they really f****d up with the jungle .
The scouts are a lot easier to explore with then warriors, so I figured I'd explore with them, then we can disband them when we find everything on our island. As for Bronze Working, I just generally like to hvae that tech, as it gives us a lot of diffferent stuff we can use.

Top Bottom