My Generic Army

Not bad. It looks a bit like a Sherman Firefly with the 17-pounder gun or the Sherman M4A3E8 with the 76mm High Velocity gun and a torsion bar suspension system.

Looks nothing like a Sherman Firefly.

It's far closer to a T-72 with a blockier turret bustle and slightly different road wheels.

I like the idea of highly realistic "generic" units, especially for Epic mods.

Yes, Wyrm made many MBTs for major countries, but any global mod should have basic units for all included nations. Despite I already did enough civ-specific, generic units are a high priority

preview with some old work
GenericLine.jpg

Can I suggest that you change the coloring just a little? Maybe make it a more solid color without extra patches of brown, and keep the civ color to a minimum.

Can I suggest that you change the coloring just a little? Maybe make it a more solid color without extra patches of brown, and keep the civ color to a minimum.

What Wyrm said :yup:

Bravo! I've been saying for a long time that we need a set of generic units. Keep up the good work!

Also, have you ever thought of trying planes or ships? I'm sure Wyrm would gladly give you some models to play with.

I can try to change my "camo" pattern if it will make a sense, but it seems I should just make other clear versions in one color :dunno: And yes, maybe I added too much civ color to first tank, but it already uploaded. Anyway, I'm sure the generic units should have a lot of civ color.

Also, have you ever thought of trying planes or ships? I'm sure Wyrm would gladly give you some models to play with.

o yea, know he could :cool: But it can happen only when I finish all moves-along-ground units I need.

I would say leave it the way it is, and keep some form of camoflague pattern. No vehicle when operating in the field stays clean for very long anyway.

The MBT reminds me, in a good way, of the tanks that come with Little Green Armymen.

It's great that you are making generic units Gwendoline. Very useful.

Any plan to make any slightly furturistic tanks? A lot of Epic mods attempt to take things into the future a little. Would be nice to get another furistic tank for that purpose.

One idea for a Futuristic tank would be one with four packaged AT missile boxes on either side of the turret, and having both a gun and missile firing animation. This would essentially be a combination of a gun tank with a TOW unit, giving the tank unit also a bombard capability as well. If you assume something like a Hellfire laser-guided missle, you would not have a wire trailing the missile.

These are great units! I'm always a fan of generic units, and I second the request for a slightly futuristic tank.

:lol: You've already succeeded! :)

In some things yes, but I was not satisfied enough. So I made next units in a new improved format.

One idea for a Futuristic tank would be one with four packaged AT missile boxes on either side of the turret, and having both a gun and missile firing animation. This would essentially be a combination of a gun tank with a TOW unit, giving the tank unit also a bombard capability as well. If you assume something like a Hellfire laser-guided missle, you would not have a wire trailing the missile.

Everything depends on the models I like and required techs in mod.

In some things yes, but I was not satisfied enough. So I made next units in a new improved format. Everything depends on the models I like and required techs in mod.

Thrice again fine work :thumbsup: All I can say (plead?) is, Keep them coming! :rockon: I'm hoping you need a near-future MBT for your mod!

Best,

:Dz

Very, very handy MBTs! I rather like their colour schemes, too. Any specific inspiration?

Blowing the wheels off the Post-WW2 tank is a lovely touch. Belated, but I only realized these had their own thread today.

Top Bottom