My take on stuff

[*]Experimental events that turn forests into burnt forest when a forest fire event occur; forest aging into ancient forest and new forest aging into regular forest.
[/LIST]

Did u get this to work, i have been trying to figure that out for 2 years . .

Great work Toffer! The forestry cycle is working now for you eh? Very nice!

Not completely I still need to give the "New Forest" the same treatment I did Bamboo Forest. It looks awful on hills, flying trees.

Added a version for rev 9136
It now has functioning forest cycles burnt→new→regular→ancient
only new forest will spread to adjacent tiles but there is an event that can spawn new forest in lush/grass/plain terrains.

Did u get the burnt forest to replicate, or turn into a tree nursery?

Burnt forest does not spread to adjacent tiles, but they do eventually turn into a NEW_FOREST.

NEW_FOREST, FOREST & FOREST_ANCIENT can burn down and become BURNT_FOREST

Perhaps jungles too should be capable of burning down.... not sure if large jungle fires happens or if is too humid to happen...
Could limit it to only happen to jungles that are not on MARSH/LUSH/MUDDY terrain.

I'm thinking I should perhaps turn SWAMP into a terrain (instead of a feature that looks real bad) that uses the marsh textures and then make new textures for marshes. marshes are often quite bright in coloration while swamps are far wetter and darker.

I just downloaded and unzipped it just fine.

Try downloading it again. ^^

If you still got a problem, then I dunno, you are using the latest 7zip software, right?
7z v15.14 (2015-12-31)

it worked, must have gotten a bad d/l, sorry . . .

Uploaded a new version that optimize the forest fire event by reducing the number of events from 4 to 2 and the number of eventtriggers from 3 to 1, for that particular event.

Version number was not changed as the changes are purely technical and wouldn't be noticed much in game. The solution is more elegant as well as ensuring that the forest type there is most of at any given time is the one that has the highest chance of burning down.

In the Handicap file you delete the Free techs for the AI, i believe that will diminish the AI greatly because human player will make a better advantage if NOT given the AI those techs?? IMPO. . .

also what are those property area's u added, is that something new and better maybe we need to add to C2C??

In the Handicap file you delete the Fee techs for the AI, i believe that will diminish the AI greatly because human player will make a better advantage if NOT given the AI those techs?? IMPO. . .

also what are those property area's u added, is that something new and better maybe we need to add to C2C??

Try it out a bit, and see how the AI does, I really need that kind of feedback.
I rarely play into the ancient era because I change so much that I have to start new games to see how the changes works from a clean slate. The AI does great in the prehistoric at least.

Try it out a bit, and see how the AI does, I really need that kind of feedback.
I rarely play into the ancient era because I change so much that I have to start new games to see how the changes works from a clean slate. The AI does great in the prehistoric at least.

But u didnt answer my questions at all??

what are those properties about? ie: <PropertyManipulators>

Education, pollution, disease & crime, per population. It's the baseline for all properties accumulation except for flammability that is more building related.

It is also some examples in the svn HandicapInfo already, I think AIAndy put it there.... No I think it was Albert.... I dunno.
Before then it was defined in ProperyInfo

I don't know why not the baseline for all properties were moved to the HandicapInfo from PropertyInfo; there might have been a reason that I just don't see though.

Updated the modmod again without changing version-number
Reduced the :food: malus from -50% to -25% in pre-agrarian societies.
The malus was too strict and didn't allow any growth at all until late in prehistory.

Education, pollution, disease & crime, per population. It's the baseline for all properties accumulation except for flammability that is more building related.

It is also some examples in the svn HandicapInfo already, I think AIAndy put it there.... No I think it was Albert.... I dunno.
Before then it was defined in ProperyInfo

I don't know why not the baseline for all properties were moved to the HandicapInfo from PropertyInfo; there might have been a reason that I just don't see though.

Updated the modmod again without changing version-number
Reduced the :food: malus from -50% to -25% in pre-agrarian societies.
The malus was too strict and didn't allow any growth at all until late in prehistory.

are ur distance item ok, i think i reduced all mine in the civics, but i never thought about the Handicap distances, might mean something, umm, dont know??:crazyeye::confused:

OK just tried the Handicap by itself, changed the goody hut of course, and i have 2 cities only, 1 has 5 units in it, 2 enforcers and 3 healers only. The other only has a Hunter. And as u can see i have no gold, scientific bar is at 0, and have BOTH cities on Low Wealth and still cant get any gold??

Top Bottom