My take on stuff

OK just tried the Handicap by itself, changed the goody hut of course, and i have 2 cities only, 1 has 5 units in it, 2 enforcers and 3 healers only. The other only has a Hunter. And as u can see i have no gold, scientific bar is at 0, and have BOTH cities on Low Wealth and still cant get any gold??

The handicap xml in my modmod would never work by itself in C2C, It would at the very least need GameSpeedInfos, WorldInfos, CivicInfos, and not to mention all the balancing to buildings... etc. to even remotely function as designed.

Toffer's C2C modmod v0.1.6.6, for Rev.9174
-Maintenance
-Added an experimental new system for native culture that requires you to conquer 3 cities or more before you get access to the conquered nations native culture. Not sure if it works yet, haven't tested properly.

-Added an experimental new system for native culture that requires you to conquer 3 cities or more before you get access to the conquered nations native culture. Not sure if it works yet, haven't tested properly.

Great!:rolleyes: There goes my tactic of conquering two or more cities, accepting their vassalage and giving back all but one city to get the native culture. Now I have to keep three badly built cities and it will be harder to have vassals because they don't usually have enough cities to take 4 or more and still be alive.

Haha, it's even a 25% chance that the city won't count towards the 3, local culture have 25% chance to disappear when the city is conquered.
If there are no local cultures present in the city your native culture will become its local culture.

On a giant map the required local cultures is 6 and not 3 (it scales); this may prove too much and I might need to reduce it.

Some further explanation:
-If your native culture is Asian and you capture (or get them through trade) 3 cities with African local culture you will get an African adopted culture in your capital.
-Native culture cannot be lost and it gives its respective local culture to the capital.
-You will never get the adopted version of your native culture.
-Getting the adopted culture in capital will automatically give you it's respective local culture in the capital, raising the number of cities that have the local culture to 4.
-Unique (wonder) cultures that requires e.g. African culture now requires either native African or adopted African culture in capital, and the local African culture in the city that tries to build it.
-Adopted culture will be lost if you no longer have 3 or more cities with the local version of the culture.
-Settlers spread all the local cultures from the city they are built in to the city they found. (this is the part I'm not sure is working correctly.)

This system may go obsolete when TB gets his ideas project going so none of this may ever end up in the SVN even if it proves to work as designed.

Haha, it's even a 25% chance that the city won't count towards the 3, local culture have 25% chance to disappear when the city is conquered.
If there are no local cultures present in the city your native culture will become its local culture.

On a giant map the required local cultures is 6 and not 3 (it scales); this may prove too much and I might need to reduce it.

Some further explanation:
-If your native culture is Asian and you capture (or get them through trade) 3 cities with African local culture you will get an African adopted culture in your capital.
-Native culture cannot be lost and it gives its respective local culture to the capital.
-You will never get the adopted version of your native culture.
-Getting the adopted culture in capital will automatically give you it's respective local culture in the capital, raising the number of cities that have the local culture to 4.
-Unique (wonder) cultures that requires e.g. African culture now requires either native African or adopted African culture in capital, and the local African culture in the city that tries to build it.
-Adopted culture will be lost if you no longer have 3 or more cities with the local version of the culture.
-Settlers spread all the local cultures from the city they are built in to the city they found. (this is the part I'm not sure is working correctly.)

This system may go obsolete when TB gets his ideas project going so none of this may ever end up in the SVN even if it proves to work as designed.

Maybe some of this structure could help with Ideas. I'm open to suggestions as to how such a mechanism can help to establish a cultural base by providing source values of the culture idea in these cities.

Maybe some of this structure could help with Ideas. I'm open to suggestions as to how such a mechanism can help to establish a cultural base by providing source values of the culture idea in these cities.

Perhaps, the system I'm working on here should be easy to convert to the ideas system.
One thing I'm a bit unclear on is how the assimilation gameoption affects things, I'm wondering if I should turn it off for my modmod as I think it does something similar in the dll as I'm here doing here purely in xml.

Could you enlighten me when you have the time?

Perhaps, the system I'm working on here should be easy to convert to the ideas system.
One thing I'm a bit unclear on is how the assimilation gameoption affects things, I'm wondering if I should turn it off for my modmod as I think it does something similar in the dll as I'm here doing here purely in xml.

Could you enlighten me when you have the time?

Here is the whole concept of it:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=281289

Ah, okay, so it does nothing as C2C doesn't have Unique units and buildings.

ahhh never even thought about it before, but yeah, WE used to have unique units and stuff, I think DH has a better handle on how this worked before (maybe)??

ahhh never even thought about it before, but yeah, WE used to have unique units and stuff, I think DH has a better handle on how this worked before (maybe)??

We have 1 unique building, the BUILDINGCLASS_CULTURE_HUMAN has many version like BUILDING_CULTURE_ASIAN, BUILDING_CULTURE_EUROPEAN & etc. that are specific to the civ you play as.

I remembered this right after I posted so I changed my previous post.

I need to turn it off then, as it would make the Native_Culture unique to a civ autobuild if palace was built in a conquered city of a civ with another culture.
Toffer90, Has this been turned off on the later versions of the SVN?
If so, it means that some of the Cultures like Canada, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand and America (do they have a culture :p) cannot now be built since they require two native cultures. Even turning it back on via World Builder and Game Options is not having any effect.

Toffer90, Has this been turned off on the later versions of the SVN?
If so, it means that some of the Cultures like Canada, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand and America (do they have a culture :p) cannot now be built since they require two native cultures. Even turning it back on via World Builder and Game Options is not having any effect.

I'm sure cultures are not working as intended in my modmod atm; I haven't really had time to work on it since I introduced the culture change. :(

If you are talking about SVN later than 9191 and without my modmod, then I don't know, haven't updated my SVN in a month, but I think assimilation should still be on there.

P.S.
Lately, I've spent all my modding time working on a map script.
Getting close to a release for it too.

Edit: Toffer's C2C modmod v0.1.6.7 - SVN Rev.9351
  • Updated for latest SVN.
  • Revamped the culture system that I started on in my last update. seems to be working this time around.

Last edited:
This modmod is more than just Civics?

I D/L'd it but have not had a chance to try it. RL is in the way atm.

JosEPh

A lot more, I got distracted from the main goal.

Toffer's C2C modmod v0.1.6.7.2 - SVN Rev.9358
  • Fixed Starting with neanderthal brute unit when not being Wrub of the neanderthal civ.
  • Fixed the issue where all NPC teams started with inappropriate units placed on the map.

Last edited:
Fixed Starting with neanderthal brute unit when not being Wrub of the neanderthal civ.
What was the problem you identified here? How were any non-neanderthal civs getting this unit?

What was the problem you identified here? How were any non-neanderthal civs getting this unit?
It was specific to my modmod.
I designed a different culture system that makes the BONUS_NEANDERTHAL you added unnecessary; so I never took that bonus you added recently into my modmod.
Instead the units require a building that is tied to how cultures become active in a civ. Seems a building requirement was not enough to stop the neanderthal brute from being picked in front of brute/stone thrower as a starting unit.

It was specific to my modmod.
I designed a different culture system that makes the BONUS_NEANDERTHAL you added unnecessary; so I never took that bonus you added recently into my modmod.
Instead the units require a building that is tied to how cultures become active in a civ. Seems a building requirement was not enough to stop the neanderthal brute from being picked in front of brute/stone thrower as a starting unit.
Ah... ok.

Toffer's C2C modmod v0.1.6.7.3 - SVN Rev.9366
-The recent move of brokenspore stuff into core broke the modmod, Fixed
-General polish stuff like, tweaking building cost and their education bonus (prehistoric).

Hi Toffer90,

Is your Modmod compatible with the latest SVN release at all?

Cheers
ColonelFlag

Nope, but I have a version on my comp that is, I could upload it if you were interested.

Edit:
@colonelflag: I uploaded the most "up to date" version of the modmod for you.

The tech cost math change seen in the latest SVN didn't unbalance tech cost in my modmod noticeably, at least in early prehistoric the costs are almost unchanged.
I don't know what happens with balance after the prehistoric, as I haven't really modded much beyond the scope of the prehistoric era yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom