MZD Deity: Frederick

There's more than enough commerce -- you have green rivers.
i.e. in this strategy you are definitely going for pottery. Also, maybe there is some way to get gems via trade from Joao? That would be huge. Also I guess you should take HC:s religion asap just to increase the happy cap.

This is a landlocked start with a philosophical leader that does not start with fishing. To me that screams engineering+machinery lightbulb. Much stronger opening IMO.

Interesting option that I've only tried once before. Not played this game myself (and not a good Deity player anyhow), but from other games it looks like people get crammed in between two AIs with 3 cities, so getting 4+ could be tricky. Lots of jungle nearby too, which is always a time sink (but the upside is green land underneath). Also, on Deity, can you get those units fast enough to do proper damage? The AI can get Longbows (or worse) at silly times.

If you're interested in the GS Engineering rush, here's a write-up that really helped me a lot:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/deity-lp-suley-the-ham-man.501267/

There's a general discussion of the strategy at first (leaders, tech path) followed by the game itself, which is very well executed and written. What's also really helpful, that there's a shadow game in the thread that uses a different approach to compare with (early cottages instead of OP's Oracle Metal Casting).
The most important thing I took from this thread is that the strategy only works best if you commit to all out war and don't stop until dom/conquest (whereas other rushes better allow to keep an economy going and focus on peaceful victory conditions once one or two opponents are conquered)

@Qactus Thanks for the link! Just read the first two posts and learned a lot already. I look forward to combing through the entire thread :thumbsup:

As far as this Freddy game goes: I will attempt to execute my HA rush in progress tonight, then, depending on the results, continue from there or start over with the Engineering rush gameplan.

Top Bottom