Natural Disasters

Gingerman

Chieftain
I Live in Japan. Recently I have had the misfortune to experience the recent effects from the earthquake here. I was thinking that it really changed things here.

I would like to see some sort of random natural disaster system added to Civ V.
Earthquakes, fires, tornados, floods even acts of terror would all add a new level of realism. I guess a weather system might help. Some parts of the planet become more arid etc. Global warming and cooling. Also human folly like here in Japan with the nuclear disaster.

Would be a great way to become friends with enemies as well, by sending relief as well. Or even eco war.

Just a thought. Has it been added before?

I believe that in Random Events in BtS there was some natural disasters. I does sound like a good feature in terms of game flavour, but the benefits are more limited in terms of gameplay. Is it really fun if your carefully constructed empire is destroyed by the RNG gods? What's the point of good strategic play if it's just going to get wiped away. The game is meant to be one based on strategic skill, and randomness impacts on that. Natural disasters add flavour, so they'd be good to some extent, but that extent is only as far as it doesn't really impact on the outcome of games.

Top Bottom