Necessary additions/changes in RFC

Dowling

Chieftain
There are a few things I think should be added or changed in Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, the perfect scenario could still use some additions.

The Iroquois confederacy who are famous for their early consensus democracy should be added in present day New York with the Power of Constitution (not sure what the benefit would be) around 1400 AD. And subsequently if the civilization is to be successful the cities in the New York area will not flip to the American civilization. This doesn't stop the wrath of the American civilization towards the Native civilization though.

The Aztecs should be renamed the Mexica and their starting date should be moved back to 0 AD to coincide with the rise of the Teotihuacan who dominated Mesoamerica for much longer than the Aztecs and were arguably much more successful. The Teotihuacan would have similar technologies to the Aztecs and similar Unique Powers or maybe the Unique Power would be changed to something to do with Trade, Culture or Immigration because those are the things that brought it to its power and also its eventual collapse.

Also the Zulus would be a welcome sight somewhere between the 1600s and the 1800s, well not to the European colonists but at least to players. Little known fact is that Shaka was not just a great military tactician and brutal warrior king, he also had plans to educate his people and attempt to catch up to the Europeans. I think it says something that today 50% of South Africa understands the Zulu language. It is definitely a civilization worth mentioning. They aren't even represented by an independent city. The Unique Power could have something to do with numbers (of people) or knowledge of home territory both of these things helped them fend off the English muskets with their spears.

Another important thing to add would be generic temples and monasteries for pagan faiths and if your pagan faith becomes strong enough it should become another generic religion possibly the religious benefits would not be as good as the big 7 but it is unrealistic to limit the world to just 7 religions. The player should be able to convert neighboring cities to their pagan religion through trade and possibly missionaries.

Finally there is one more game-play aspect that bothers me why you can't declare war on independents. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to.

PS am I in the wrong forum I thought this was RFC but it looks to be something else?

This is a subforum for RFC Random.

Rhye will not be adding more Civs to the game. So no Zulus or Iroquois.

I believe the Aztecs are put further ahead so they have less time to expand, which makes sense.

There would be much modification needed to code in the addition of a religion, much more so for the way you suggest adding it.

Finally, you can declare war on independents. Simply march into their territory, it will happen. You'll get the warning and everything.

Well thats strange if I am at peace with an independent it simply does not allow my soldiers to enter their territory.

Dowling, did you just make peace with them recently? You could still have a peace treaty.

Well it depends I never do get a warning when it does allow me to enter their territory. How do you use the keyboard to enter their territory?

The keypad, I think. I don't know though, I never do that.

Did you try right clicking to move into their territory? That should work...

Top Bottom