1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Need New Interface

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by os79, Jun 24, 2009.

1. os79

os79 Chieftain

When I played Star Trek 2.0 for the first time, I loved it!

However, I do have a proposition for the future version.

I would like to see BUG interface merged with Star Trek mod because there were indeed few things in vanilla interface that are so awkward. To give one example, the financial info screen don't show how much you are getting per turn like the one at the top left. I have a low vision and I need that BUG feature for ease of viewing, instead of standing on my feet to see what it says on the top left of the screen. There are some other features too but I think you get my drift.

Thank you and :goodjob:!

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Since I don't really know much about interface, I wouldn't be able to add stuff like that without merging the whole of BUG in. I would like to merge in that change you mentioned (since it does seem illogical that you can view gold/research/etc. per turn from the main interface but not the financial advisor) but I'm not sure how (I'd also like the BUG glance screen too, for that matter).

The fact that BUG modified one of the font files means that I'm not going to merge it; those files are the most difficult to modify in the game, and it was such a pain to get the fonts to work properly the last time I messed with them.

Sorry for not being able to help.