Negotiations with KISS

They do have a small amount of troops to spare at this point. There help would only be minor, however given a surprise attack could weaken TNT serverly as they could cut off the iron at Granadapolis while we attacked from the other side at Clusterbomb and Semtek. This would not kill off TNT but would further weaken their position and strech their forces. This would allow us to attempt a major offensive via the jungle road. If all goes well we could almost immediately attack MIA to press our advantage home. With our forces we would be able to take more from MIA then KISS would from TNT.

We have just recieved the following message from KISS

DS, Robi, & Nobody,

I'm sending this to you guys in case you don't already know about it. This is a screenshot from CivAssist2 take after our last turn. It appears as though the 2 scientific civs are trying to run away from us. TNT is requesting peace and is wanting to grow. MIA is preparing for war with us and has grown significantly in the past 20 or so turns.

I'm not sure what to do about this, but we would like a long-term alliance with the people we fondly refer to as the Nutters. Due to MIA's aggressiveness, we might end up in a war (not our first choice). We hope that this might give you an opportunity to see the MIA and TNT civs for what they are. For you peace might be an option, but it looks like MIA is going to start attacking us soon. MIA has went behind our back before and they have screwed us once again.

Tubby of the Kissers

Sorry the attachment sent with the pm didn't load properly, but here it is

It seems a little fishy that TNT and MIA could manage what they did, even together. Just in case, perhaps we should look at the sequence of the saves since the last time I looked at CA2 info.

If KISS are sincere, we should work out a deal where we share techs immediately upon learning them for the forseeable future, and coordinate our research. We also need to trade resources if possible, and share all the intel we can as long as what we get is relatively even.

ok, we NEED a treaty of some kind with KISS. it could be a big trading agreement, an agreement of attacking, anything. We do NOT want KISS losing any cities, and we do not want them to have a foothold over here, so i think that we shouldn't drag them in a TNT war.

EDIT we dont want them loosing citys: if they attack MIA and TNT at the same time, they could probably get run over by MIA in at least one city.

Well there is the above deal still going of Curr + Const for Mon and 80g.
Also in discussions i had with KISS even if we don't go for the military co-ordination right away they are still eager to have a treaty with us

KISS seems to be good people. We have been wronged by TNT, and they have been wronged by MIA. Are we not comrades in justice? KISS should be an ally and a friend, we should work with them to surpass these jokers, and together pumel both of them, size-wise, scientifically, industrial wise, and of course, militarily. Joint Science is a good idea.

KISS is definitley a reliable ally. TNT looks like we may have a relationship in the future, after our MWs murdered they weak immortals. But MIA may cause problems, if we aid KISS aganist MIA, TNT must be allied with MIA. Therefore, they would have to choose, stay with an ally or destroy some compeition. But we need friends and KISS can be one.

As had been discussed earlier i have put together a draft proposal for a cooperation treaty. I have used the ideas that have already been discussed, however if anyone feels that something should be changed/added/removed feel free to voice your opinion. I have left it so either side can make changes to the draft.

Here is the draft proposal

DRAFT PROPOSAL FOR COOPERATION TREATY
between Doughnutia and KISS

-A Guarantee of peaceful relations between our nations for the duration of this agreement.

-Cooperation in the advancement of technological research. By researching different technologies at the same time we can double the efficiency of our research.

-Technologies will be researched as such to maintain an equality of trade value.

-Technologies that are researched during this period may be exchanged with another nation as long as both parties consent to this. Any technology gained in return would be shared by both parties.

-Trade in luxuries and resources can be negotiated on an individual basis once a trade route is established

-Cooperation in the gathering of intelligence

-Both parties must seek permission to enter the other parties land borders.

-If one party is at war a third nation than the second party is not required to enter the war

-If a second nation enters the war on the side of the opposing nation against a party (thus making it 2 against 1) then the second party must enter the war within a 5 turn period.

-During the period of hostilities both parties would have a Right of Passage through the others territory. There would also be cooperation in military strategy.

-Neither party may enter an agreement with a third party that would adversely effect any of the conditions of this agreement.

-This agreement will be in effect until the end of the Middle Ages. If both parties agree this can be extended further

-If any party wishes to cancel this agreement early, they must give 10 turns notice. Also any current technological research must be completed and traded (even if its after the 10 turn period)

-Any amendments to the treaty must be agreed to by both parties for it to take effect.

--(This is a draft proposal. Both parties have the right to request any additional conditions, removal of conditions or amendment of conditions. Once both parties have agreed to all the condition, a formal agreement will be signed)--

yes, send this in the next turn.

sounds great. MIA is hopefully weaker than KISS and since they are friends with TNT they will probably side with them. This means we should consider declaring war of TNT, perhaps a decisive attack on their jungle cities could be enough instigation to get MIA to join TNT. Then we would get KISS to join us as the treaty says, destroying TNT once and for all.

Dont we have a peace treaty until MIA and TNT are eleminated?

KISS have sent us their Draft proposal for the treaty. At a quick glance it looks pretty good. Have a read and put down any thing you would like changed:)

Draft proposal for The Simpsons Protocols

Within this treaty teams KISS and Doughnuts will be known as The Quick, while teams MIA and TNT will be known as The Dead

Military

-Peaceful relations are guaranteed between The Quick for the duration of this agreement.

-If one of The Quick is in a war it is not required that the other alliance member join in. However, if a 2nd team joins the enemy of an alliance member (2 on 1) then we shall join forces (within 5 turns) together to fight both teams. With "join forces" we mean an in-game declaration of war on the enemies of the alliance

-During the period of hostilities both parties would have a Right of Passage through the others territory. Any movement through each other's territory will be anounced, including force composition, proposed path and ultimate destination. There would also be cooperation in military strategy.

-The Quick must seek permission to enter eachothers land borders. Sea borders can be entered without permission, however naval units must continue their movement with each turn unless permission is requested and received.

-Cooperation in the gathering of intelligence

Technology and Trading

-Cooperation in the advancement of technological research. By researching different technologies at the same time we can double the efficiency of our research.

-Technologies will be researched as such to maintain an equality of trade value.

-Technologies that are researched during this period may be exchanged with another nation as long as both parties consent to this. Any technology gained in return would be shared by both parties.

-Trade in luxuries and resources can be negotiated on an individual basis once a trade route is established

-Neither of The Quick may enter an agreement with any of The Dead that would adversely effect any of the conditions of this agreement.

Termination of the treaty

-Once the technologies outlined in the Nut and Bolt tech tree attached in this mail have been discovered and exchanged, the deal can be renegotiated. That means all techs except the ones crossed over while Chivalry is optional.

-Any amendments to the treaty must be agreed to by both parties for it to take effect.

-If one of The Quick feels wronged by the other in reference to this agreement, and the wrong doing is confirmed by administrators, they are free to declare a one-sided termination of the agreement. This can apply to various parts, or the whole agreement.

There was an additional messege sent with the treaty, stating that the research path is not set in stone.

Greetings Bakery Boys, we Idiots would like to stress that the suggested paths of research is nothing more than, well....suggested. We are not yet 100% sure on which path would be best so you may treat that part of the draft sort of loosely.

Good, I was about to suggest that I'd actually prefer we research the bottom part. That way if the deal goes south we haven't put ourselves in a hole by ensuring we're the only ones who don't have the gunpowder part of the tree.

DaveShack said:
Good, I was about to suggest that I'd actually prefer we research the bottom part. That way if the deal goes south we haven't put ourselves in a hole by ensuring we're the only ones who don't have the gunpowder part of the tree.

Thats why i put in the part, that if the deal is cancelled the techs that are being researched still need to be traded. Otherwise all techs would be traded immediatly on completion so that wouldn't happen

I really would be regretting that decsion that TNT made so long ago.
May it lead to the destruction of thier empire.

DaveShack said:
If we go the suggested route by KISS, we should secure at least up to metallurgy ahead of time. The way the treaty is worded we might have Education/Astronomy and not be able to trade for the military techs. We need them to commit to a full trade agreement on techs.

Top Bottom