1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Negotiations with MIA

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by killercane, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

who can we give them philo without them having writing???

And if i read correctly, they want philo and CoL for WC and wheel, surely they are joking, maybe I should send them the tech values 101 sheet back to them, because they have lost there minds if they think we can accept that deal. Still i will write out a response shortly

2. Robi D

I have sent this reply to MIA. Frankly i believe we have mucked around long enough with this deal, and if they don't like it then we can do our own research.

3. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

OK, this seems a suitable response. :D

4. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I think think they were trying to be nice to us.

5. Robi D

They are, in the same way a used car salesman trys to be nice to you while trying to sell you a $5000 car for $8000.:D

6. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

They are not being nice.
    Even the trades proposed from our side in Robi D's last letter are skewed in their favor. Math for Myst is a rather bad deal, as is HBR for Masonry. Anyway, they'll probably not accept anyway, they seem to favor a hardliner approach.

7. Robi D

Had a talk with MIA's ambassador kentharu, which just incidently was at the same time as KISS, basically they arn't going to move until their poll is finished, which is split atm according to ketharu.

Here is the chat log

This is all irrelavent if everyones happy with the KISS deal but its interesting that there seems to be a major split on the issue on their side.

8. DaveShack

Should we maybe hint of another possible source for the techs we need? We might be the only ones with all contacts now...

If we can give both of them just CoL for half the techs each, then we keep the Philo monopoly and we don't let either one beat us to Republic.

9. DaveShack

Now we have the option of ignoring MIA, or of letting them know their trade goods are now worthless. Any thoughts?

10. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

I think we should send them a friendly letter saying we are no longer interested in the deals proposed by either side, but would be interested in future deals on an equal basis. There's no good reason to just ignore them, if KISS and MIA don't get along well we should try to profit from both sides.

11. vikingruler

vikingruler King

If KISS and MIA are on the same continent trading with KISS might piss off MIA. Knowing the trades we want to make, they may get scared of KISS and destroy them. This might be unavoidable. We should just gratefully decline and say we wan't to trade in the future but they will have to compete with KISS.

12. Gerikes

Gerikes User of Run-on Sentences.

Well, I believe something must be said. Simply ignoring them will only result in a negative response towards us, moreso than a nice rejection letter. Love them or hate them, I can't see how it would hurt to keep up contact if all we're losing is the piece of parchment we send it on. We don't have to tell them what we're doing instead, just that we're simply not interested.

13. DaveShack

I'm fine with just a "sorry your offer no longer interests us, maybe another time" type message.

14. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Just reply that because of recent events we no longer need your technology, but we are happy to here any more of your proposals. As far as they know we hit a hut

15. Robi D

I think Nobody has pretty much hit the nail on the head. We can quite simply say due to the length of time taken to come to a deal, it is no longer releavent as we have researched wheel ourselves, but that we look forward to coming to other deals in the future. There is no need to tell them we have found KISS, they can work that out for themselves.

16. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

We don't have wheel yet. Perhaps better not to tell lies they can check :).

17. Robi D

I mean to say nearly researched wheel:). I agree we shouldn't lie, as that causes distrust, but we don't have to tell them what happened either.

18. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

of course not :).

19. vikingruler

vikingruler King

I agree with zyxy we should say we have like 5 or 6 turns before we discover wheel and we already have WC. they think we got a hut and start making quicker trades. That should benefit us in the future especially in future situations like our current one with TNT.

20. Robi D

This is a short message to MIA saying their trade offer is not useful anymore:)