1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - April 17th (4-17)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 17, 2020.

1. yoshisudarsodome

yoshisudarsodome Chieftain

I use the Map Labels Mod. It automatically adds feature labels to tiles that are similar. Fun mod in my opinion, though still in beta.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/map-labels.530637/

Am I right that you can actually see that boundary where the map warps, right? Kinda like a faint line. But there are two instance of this and they are not near that line.

I'm so sorry. I do not have any idea. Deleted my posts.

Maxxim69, Skidizzle, glider1 and 2 others like this.
  2. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Thanks, @yoshisudarsodome , I'll check it out and add it to the stickied mods compatibility thread.

3. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

I'm getting a good feeling about a hopeful release this weekend! VP team has been hard at work; I can smell it!

Me since 4/17 (despite the apocalypse we're in), knowing the first "stable" (non-beta) version is on the horizon in almost a year:

Spoiler :
    waiting.jpg

4. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I’ve been debugging but every time I’m almost ready to launch @Recursive decides to push a new set of changes with variables. :)

Pres1865, Bromar1, bigcat88 and 8 others like this.
  5. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

Here's a helpful hint to predict when @Recursive will push new changes:
    @Recursive changes things whenever @Recrusive changes things.

Hope that helps!

All kidding aside, great to see you and thanks for the update, @Gazebo! Hope all is well in GazeboLand.

6. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Oops, sorry. My current pull request will be my last until there's a new version, I promise (and it's only a small typo fix)! :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Maxxim69, Bromar1, Gazebo and 4 others like this.
  7. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Good! It's better when the new version is delayed, but more polished :) Still, can't wait!
    Spoiler :

8. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

Does anyone think that Authority is underpowered on the most recent version?

I think Authority is strengthened by the experience bug and weakened by the bullying changes, and that once the experience bug is gone, Authority will feel underpowered.

@Gazebo How is the new City-State bullying system working in testing? I currently find it to be not worth bullying the city States and losing access to quests.

vyyt and bigcat88 like this.
  9. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

I don't think so. I reported many times that authority is amazingly strong on previous version, and in my opinion it is still the best of all the policies, especially when you compare it to progress. Free hammers, free science, free culture, free units, free settler, free happiness. Everything that progress does, but better or sooner, and military improvements only on top of that. It's just too good.

10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I feel that the consensus is Tributing is weak right now. I think as that is adjusted, your concerns about Authority will be reduced.

JamesNinelives and InkAxis like this.
  11. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

That would be g
    Its actually easier to go way wide with Authority because the happiness policy is easier to access earlier than Progress/ happiness policy.