New Beta Version - April 17th (4-17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Barbarian Brute just attacked into my city from the water; doesn't seem intended?
Spoiler :

(The Spearman was not in the city when the Brute attacked, so the city had 5 CS at the time.)

Barbarians that spawn on the coast gain a special promotion called "Coast Walkers" allowing embarkation. Unusual but not a bug.

The capitals of civilizations start the game very close to each other. This is very annoying especially on the maps where the sea and islands are dominant. Is this a bug or designed like this?

The capitals of civilizations start the game very close to each other. This is very annoying especially on the maps where the sea and islands are dominant. Is this a bug or designed like this?

Starting location is determined by your map script. Try a different map maybe?

I'll just report that this beta version is incompatible with InfoAddict when compiled into a modpack. Playing through MODS enables InfoAddict again

Just finished a cultural victory with Israel. Turn 345. King, Standard, Continents. Would have been faster, but I forgot you needed 2 tier 3 ideologies.
Spoiler The Promised Land :
upload_2020-6-15_9-38-47.png

So-so start location.
Pros:
- 2 natural wonders within 9 tiles of my start.
- citrus is a strong early game monopoly.
- I had both a strategic monopoly on horses and iron without any conquest.
- My main competitor for cultural victory was India, so I could buy GMusicians and concert tour him in only 2 turns. Keep your enemies close.
Cons
- I had lots of horses and iron, but barely anything else. No coal, no uranium, only 2 oil and 1 aluminum (I stole the 2nd aluminum at the bottom of the map from India at turn 340)
- I had A lot of both tundra and desert, which is pretty terrible for Israel's kit, because he depends on farms a lot.
- With Citrus, I only had access to 1 corporation: 2Kay. Ugh

Fairly tall game, only went to Real war 1 time in classical. I had war declared on me another 3 times by non-neighbouring warmongers, but they never sent any troops.
things I noted:
  1. Terracotta needs to be toned down to maybe 15:c5culture: per kill. I can imagine an actual warmonger authority player could fuel >10% of their entire cultural output for several eras on this wonder alone
  2. Great Work Heists are too good. I had Bletchley Park, and at 1 point I had 6 spies deployed into India. I stole a Great Work or Artifact from India every 2 turns for 20 turns. It was absolutely gross.
  3. Having even 1 competing civ for cultural victory probably pushed my victory back by 50 turns, and that was with me being fairly offensive to India, targeting him with lots of TRs, stealing all his Great Works, and Concert Touring him 4 times.
  4. Many people have said it before, but 2Kay is atrocious. This corporation was close to ruining the game for me; I almost would have been better off with no corporation at all
    • Look at my happiness. Citizen Earth project requires a content population.
    • 2Kay exploded my city population with >50:c5food: per corporate office and only -1:c5unhappy:poverty/distress. I had 6 labourers in my capital by the end, because I had nowhere to put 53:c5citizen:citizens on a tundra start. I had similar problems with Lachish (37:c5citizen: in the middle of a desert) and Taku (35:c5citizen: on a cramped peninsula with 3 foreign city borders inside working range) Urbanization and poor yield efficiency per citizen crushed my happiness to the degree where I might have had to abort a cultural victory entirely and pursued science.
    • To sum up, before this game I always thought 2Kay was worthless. Now I am of the opinion that it is actual self-sabotage to take this corporation.

Just finished a cultural victory with Israel. Turn 345. King, Standard, Continents. Would have been faster, but I forgot you needed 2 tier 3 ideologies.
Spoiler The Promised Land :

So-so start location.
Pros:
- 2 natural wonders within 9 tiles of my start.
- citrus is a strong early game monopoly.
- I had both a strategic monopoly on horses and iron without any conquest.
- My main competitor for cultural victory was India, so I could buy GMusicians and concert tour him in only 2 turns. Keep your enemies close.
Cons
- I had lots of horses and iron, but barely anything else. No coal, no uranium, only 2 oil and 1 aluminum (I stole the 2nd aluminum at the bottom of the map from India at turn 340)
- I had A lot of both tundra and desert, which is pretty terrible for Israel's kit, because he depends on farms a lot.
- With Citrus, I only had access to 1 corporation: 2Kay. Ugh

Fairly tall game, only went to Real war 1 time in classical. I had war declared on me another 3 times by non-neighbouring warmongers, but they never sent any troops.
things I noted:
  1. Terracotta needs to be toned down to maybe 15:c5culture: per kill. I can imagine an actual warmonger authority player could fuel >10% of their entire cultural output for several eras on this wonder alone
  2. Great Work Heists are too good. I had Bletchley Park, and at 1 point I had 6 spies deployed into India. I stole a Great Work or Artifact from India every 2 turns for 20 turns. It was absolutely gross.
  3. Having even 1 competing civ for cultural victory probably pushed my victory back by 50 turns, and that was with me being fairly offensive to India, targeting him with lots of TRs, stealing all his Great Works, and Concert Touring him 4 times.
  4. Many people have said it before, but 2Kay is atrocious. This corporation was close to ruining the game for me; I almost would have been better off with no corporation at all
    • Look at my happiness. Citizen Earth project requires a content population.
    • 2Kay exploded my city population with >50:c5food: per corporate office and only -1:c5unhappy:poverty/distress. I had 6 labourers in my capital by the end, because I had nowhere to put 53:c5citizen:citizens on a tundra start. I had similar problems with Lachish (37:c5citizen: in the middle of a desert) and Taku (35:c5citizen: on a cramped peninsula with 3 foreign city borders inside working range) Urbanization and poor yield efficiency per citizen crushed my happiness to the degree where I might have had to abort a cultural victory entirely and pursued science.
    • To sum up, before this game I always thought 2Kay was worthless. Now I am of the opinion that it is actual self-sabotage to take this corporation.

Well, if taking 2Kay is self sabotage, then what will you take?

WE WILL TAKE JERUSALEM!

DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT!

Oh, wait...

In all seriousness, I never knew GW Heists could be done so quickly on Standard.

Well, if taking 2Kay is self sabotage, then what will you take?

WE WILL TAKE JERUSALEM!

DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT!

Oh, wait...

In all seriousness, I never knew GW Heists could be done so quickly on Standard.
I think GW heists can be often done in less than 10 turns. Try a cultural game with England. Its silly.
Till renaissance, you sit the most time in capitals to steal techs, but from there on, you can Blitzkrieg other civilizations for their Great Works and plunder every cultural stuff others have created.
You can really play England from mid game on like cultural Nazis, silently marching in and gently plunder what you want.

I was about to start a new game but saw how much work Recursive has put in for the next version! So I shall wait.

While I am on tender hooks waiting for the next installment of Gazebos opus (and of course all the rest of his talented ensemble), I thought to share a podcast that others might be interested to download about Civ while we wait. It's called, 'Dev Game Club.' It's two older developers talking about games. If you scroll down the episodes, you can find they do a 3 part, Civ III podcast which by part 3 of the pod, one of the guys goes from not really being into Civ 3 to having got into Alpha Centauri and playing multiple games of Civ 4 in the space of a week. It's all about the mechanics of the game and their views as developers for many years.

Soren Johnson is being interviewed in a bonus episode, part 4. He worked on Civ 3 and was the lead for Civ 4. If you want to see how much work goes into it(or not... at one stage he talks about not really bothering to code much for the end game of Civ 4 as it was not what the players would want...- I think we here at the community patch would tend to disagree...). It's mighty interesting and he has many anecdotes of coding for Civ. It gave me a newfound appreciation for the amount of complicated work that Gazebo and the team put in!

THANK YOU!!

Can anyone help me out? I keep crashing when I use this version as a DLC. Followed all guides like the Ui, ingame.lua, etc. but it still happens. Cannot figure out what is wrong.

Spoiler :
[80093.703] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[80093.703] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[80095.687] table UnitGameplay2DScripts already exists
[80095.687] In XMLSerializer while building table UnitGameplay2DScripts from file Assets\Sounds\XML\UnitGameplay.xml.
[80097.578] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[80098.750] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[80101.000] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[80101.000] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[80102.875] table UnitGameplay2DScripts already exists
[80102.875] In XMLSerializer while building table UnitGameplay2DScripts from file Assets\Sounds\XML\UnitGameplay.xml.
[80103.781] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[80111.781] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[80111.781] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_UNIT_GENERAL_KHAN, Unit, SV_GreatGeneral.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_01\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Mongol_Units.xml.
[80111.781] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_SPANISH_CONQUISTADOR, Unit, SV_Conquistador.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_02\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_DLC02_Units.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_TERRACE_FARM, Improvement, SV_TerracedFarm.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_02\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_DLC02_Improvements.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_POLYNESIAN_MAORI_WARRIOR, Unit, SV_Maori.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_03\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Polynesia_Units.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_MOAI_STATUES, Improvement, SV_Moai.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_03\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Polynesia_Improvements.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_DANISH_BERSERKER, Unit, SV_Berserker.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_04\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Denmark_Units.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_FEATURE_HADRIANS_WALL_1, Improvement, SV_HadriansWall.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_04\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Denmark_Improvements.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_KOREAN_HWACHA, Unit, SV_Hwacha.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_05\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_DLC_Korea_Units.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_WAJO, Improvement, SV_Wajo.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_05\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Korea_Improvements.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_SUMERIAN_PHALANX, Unit, SV_Sumerian_Phalanx.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\DLC_06\StrategicView\SV_Units\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_WonderScenario.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_POLDER, Improvement, SV_Polder.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Expansion\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Expansion_Improvements.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_UNIT_COMPOSITE_BOWMAN, Unit, SV_CompositeBowman.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Expansion\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Expansion_Units.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_FEATURE_ULURU, Feature, SV_Uluru.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Expansion\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Expansion_Features.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_RESOURCE_TRUFFLES, Resource, SV_Truffles.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Expansion\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Expansion_Resources.xml.
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_UNIT_SMOKEY_LANDSHIP_LEVEL_1, Unit, SV_LandIronclad.dds, ).
[80111.781] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Expansion\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_SmokySkies_Units.xml.
[80111.796] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[80111.796] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[80111.796] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_FEATURE_FOUNTAIN_YOUTH, Feature, SV_Fountain_of_Youth.dds, ).
[80111.796] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Shared\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Shared_Features.xml.
[80111.796] While executing - 'insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') values (?, ?, ?);'
[80111.796] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into ArtDefine_StrategicView('StrategicViewType', 'TileType', 'Asset') with values (ART_DEF_RESOURCE_STONE, Resource, SV_Stone.dds, ).
[80111.796] In XMLSerializer while updating table ArtDefine_StrategicView from file Assets\DLC\Shared\StrategicView\Civ5ArtDefines_SV_Shared_Resources.xml.
[80115.906]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 9465072 79795192
PageCache: 7 13
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 8834112 66646272
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1172
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------
[80118.046]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 9465112 79795192
PageCache: 7 13
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 8834112 66646272
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1172
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------

I first would like to commend you guys for creating this fantastic mod, and I am just astonished by the effort you put on this. Now I have some concerns.

This is my first time using a beta version after I played a few games with the last stable version. I am a fairly new player myself, just a few games already, around 70 hours. I noticed when I explore my first map that some tiles have the square terrain template I guess. Is this just a bug? Or something was wrong with my files.

Also when one city of another civ revolted, I understand that it could become its own city-state. However, it says that the city was renamed to Bratislava, and turns out it was Eindhofen from the Dutch, but the city banner does not change to Bratislava. I hope that this can be fixed in a later beta.

Thanks and more power.

Spoiler :

SS1592359757.png
SS1592351835.png

Last edited:
@yoshisudarsodome , the square tile thing could be a mod conflict or a memory issue. I see you are using other mods too. Anything memory heavy (= typically adding new graphics)?

Btw which mod adds these white text labels to the map? I hope it is not the one causing the square tile thing, as I would like to start using it too :)

Last edited:
@yoshisudarsodome, welcome to the forum! :)

When uploading images, please put them in spoiler tags like so:
Code:
[SPOILER]
Image(s)
[/SPOILER]

Otherwise, it takes up a lot of space on the page. Thanks!

Regarding your question, @vyyt's answer is probably correct.

Square terrain is a vanilla issue that occurs at the east/west boundary of the map. Normally it wouldn't be observable since it's all ocean, but custom mapscripts can have land at the boundary tiles.

Upcoming diplomacy changes for next version:
Code:
Approach
- AI will now always use Friendly as a surface approach if it has a Declaration of Friendship with a player
- As a result, friends will no longer show up as Neutral/Guarded/etc even if they secretly are.
- When a DoF expires, this stops being the case.

Completely rewrote diplo AI logic for religion & ideology
- Numerous bugfixes
- More intelligent application of diplo bonuses and penalties
- Flavors, leader traits and victory aspirations are considered when calculating bonuses and penalties
- Modified approach & relationship logic to be compatible with the overhaul
- If you haven't founded a religion (or you have no cities following your "official" religion) you can now gain a smaller diplo bonus/penalty for having the same/different majority religions (also affects anti-warmonger fervor)
- Vassals no longer double dip on religion bonuses/penalties and will only add it once when calculating opinion
- Vassals with religions will get upset about their cities being converted (penalty to "Shared Religion Interests").
- Vassals who used to have religions before you captured their Holy City will not apply any bonuses for shared religion interests

World Religion & World Ideology Resolutions
- Now increase diplo bonuses and penalties related to the World Religion/Ideology (by 50% for opinion changes)
As always, you can discuss all things diplomacy-related in the dedicated thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/diplomacy-ai-development.655040/

Last edited:
How about the city-state-former-city issue? Thanks.

Also may I ask, is Sukritact's Suzerainty compatible with CBP, because I was browsing and found that the mod is cool. Thanks.

Just a note for you: Posting multiple messages like that one after the other is generally considered bad form. If you need to reply to multiple people, you can hit the + Quote button in the bottom right the post you want to reply to; you can then use the Insert Quotes button at the bottom left of the reply box to put each quote in one message, rather than posting three or four separate posts in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom