New Beta Version - April 9th (4/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started a game. The event system looks refreshing.

However I noticed that barbarians units are mostly idling : not moving toward my cities, or just standing on a tile while I'm shooting at them with my archers. I see that there is a note about fixing the AI "passivity", and I guess that's what I'm seeing here.

Edit : This is a real problem. Even throwing axemen are just standing still when I'm firing at them for 3 or 4 turns.

Edit 2 : Other civ AI looks ok, so it may be a specific situation problem. However it happened with 2 camps, so it looked like a pattern.

Maybe a silly question but can I copy the content of this beta over the content of the Modpack 3/9 version I have installed?

I like it thus far, thanks to you all for all the great&hard work!

If I may be so impatient, are there any news/guestimations on when will the next non-beta version come out? Thanks for the reply!

Looking forward to trying it out.
What's the logic behind bumping the Tradition buildings, I seem to remember reading you as saying that Tradition is statistically the strongest tree?

Tradition was strongest for a select number of civs, but the value fell off a bit if you were expansive. The bump should make them more viable for all civs, instead of those that desperately need it.

G

It has always been 4. Putmalk's mod (1a) is something else.

G

What happened to the (1a) file then? Or should I just continue using the one from the April 5th beta?

Thanks for the quick fix on the CS quest issue I mentioned, G!

Yep! Hotfix inbound now, should be savegame compatible (though it may not update until a building is constructed somewhere in your empire.

Edit: Hotfix issued for CP only. Should be savegame compatible, though changes will not update until a building is processed. Updated auto-installer as well (if you're into that sort of thing). Updated at 1:00pm EST.

G

Just started a game. The event system looks refreshing.

However I noticed that barbarians units are mostly idling : not moving toward my cities, or just standing on a tile while I'm shooting at them with my archers. I see that there is a note about fixing the AI "passivity", and I guess that's what I'm seeing here.

Edit : This is a real problem. Even throwing axemen are just standing still when I'm firing at them for 3 or 4 turns.

Edit 2 : Other civ AI looks ok, so it may be a specific situation problem. However it happened with 2 camps, so it looked like a pattern.

This was true for my game as well, just ++ on the report.

Just have to say, I know I've seen someone talking about it in another thread, but england's spy stealing gold from you from the start of the game can be really annoying, in a problematic way since there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Just have to say, I know I've seen someone talking about it in another thread, but england's spy stealing gold from you from the start of the game can be really annoying, in a problematic way since there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Yep, but that's the nature of the UA. It gives England a niche.

G

Yep, but that's the nature of the UA. It gives England a niche.

I understand, and I really enjoy the Idea, it certainly helps England feel unique. I just find mechanics that undermine you without any ways for you to do anything kind of bothersome. Not that I have any solutions. :undecide:

I understand, and I really enjoy the Idea, it certainly helps England feel unique. I just find mechanics that undermine you without any ways for you to do anything kind of bothersome. Not that I have any solutions. :undecide:

You can always reload and pray for a better outcome if you enable random seed :D.

Hi, is this beta compatible with event and decisions mod ?

I played the beta from 2 version ago (pre-events) and it was, but im not sure for this one....

To war! Demand she gives back that 20 gold she stole, thieving wastrel! :crazyeye:

The Great Musician option on the new wanderers thing is a bit too powerful I think, since its 2 happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom