1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - August 5th (8-5)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Deljade

Deljade Chieftain

My citizens are dying because they are too bored send help :(

Boredom is such a massive issue in my game, it got up all the way to 90 a few turns ago I suspect it's because of all the AIs that got Artistry.. and I have most of my :c5culture: culture in the capital or from unit kills, all the players that picked statecraft and some with fealty have happiness issues as well.
    It's fine though, I can finally build a corporation to alleviate the issue. The only question is whether it should be Armier that addresses the issue directly, or Centaurus that synergises greatly with my strategy in this game and will allow me to build these critical public works. I also have Jewelers available which is good in general but it does not help with the most important problem at this moment in any way, Haxxon would also be a consideration but I dont have the monopolies. I like how strategic Corporations are, sometimes I'm rushing the tech to secure the one I need.
    Will found two more cities until Harald decides to discover Dynamite so he can demolish his Great Wall : ) Am convinced it's a mistake to found more right now but I want to try the colonists and take full control of my Ocean in order to better protect the important trading routes. The strategics for the global monopolies will also be a boon, I guess. It is left to see if the complete lack of aluminum will become a major issue.
    My cities are not growing as much as they usually do but that's to be expected with my policies, hapiness etc. Still better than even tradition AIs though.. they can't seem to grow

Not too many complaints from my game in particular, just some fine tuning is in order for the patch I guess.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      565.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    JamesNinelives likes this.
  2. Dolen

Dolen Chieftain

So, overall, is AI failing to adapt themselves to the changes made that were rather significant? Is it confirmed?

3. John.B.C

John.B.C Warlord

Haha, my bad, I had had very poor sleep and didn't know what I was talking about. I still don't think it would be enough though since expansion is so slow and there are only 10 desert tiles to work (compared to a market in every city 3*4 or 5 which leaves me with 12-15 faith compared to 10 at most with spirit of the desert.

I replayed the game, to see if I could had done anything differently. Once again I built Petra, but I only built on it "between the Settlers", when the Capital was below size 4. My second city quite recently turned size 4, maybe 10-12 turns ago (building a settler here takes 18 turns due to unhappiness so I never thought of even starting a settler here due to unhappiness), I just put down my forth city this turn to the north and invested in a shrine. There's just no way I can get that religion, even if investing in shrines and markets from start in every city. I'm really prioritizing rapid expansion and religion, but it's just not possible.

Let's look at it hypothetically: even if a settler had been built in a second city, this city would have come online about the same time as my northen city (this turn), rushing shrines and markets in both citites still wouldn't be enough since it's already turn 80.

Spoiler Not getting a religion this time either :
    upload_2019-8-17_11-32-6.png

I think unhappiness penalties to settler production should be removed if possible. Building them in the Capital is almost the only option right now.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    CrazyG and JamesNinelives like this.
  4. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I have built a settler in a secondary city, without penalty, in multiple games.

I really don't see why you are pursuing God of Springtime there, you don't have a plantation luxury and Petra is consuming a lot of your early game resources. Don't take that just because you already have trade. I assure you a lot of other pantheons could get a religion.

5. John.B.C

John.B.C Warlord

Yeah, God of Springtime is not a good choice, in that respect. I just picked it because I thought I would get an religion with ease. It turned out I was very wrong about that. I know if I had picked "tradition" I'd made it, but I wanted to play progress (alot of room for expansion).

Thank you so much for your different perspective and experience. I need to improve my game, that's simply it.

CrazyG, vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

No.

7. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Pantheons are a tough aspect of the mod to master.

You want to consider when the faith starts coming in. Things like Goddess of Beauty or Goddess of Wisdom are stronger than they seem, because they start getting faith immediately. Faith from markets is very slow, it might get the enhanced religion faster, but not the first prophet.

JamesNinelives, Deljade and vyyt like this.
  8. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 King

Not sure if this is happening in other people's games but do the AIs annex all their cities and have no puppets?

9. Noob Fanboy

Noob Fanboy Warlord

Can you pass me your savegame?, I want to try.

10. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Prince

I find Goddess of Protection quite powerful for this reason - in the long term most of the faith comes from walls and barracks, but the palace starts generating faith (and culture) for you as soon as you adopt the pantheon.

CrazyG likes this.
  11. Bhawb

Bhawb Prince

Goddess of Protection is a really strong pantheon for founding if you have any incentive for those techs already. Or just by being Japan.

CrazyG and JamesNinelives like this.
  12. John.B.C

John.B.C Warlord

Ok, how? I use a few mods not affecting game play, do you need to know about them too?

I would love to see you try. :)

13. Noob Fanboy

Noob Fanboy Warlord

Ye, i normally use promotion flags and advanced setup.

14. ridjack

ridjack Prince

Just wanted to showcase a super-wide game that seems to be going well, specifically in terms of the happiness:

Spoiler :

I slammed out eleven cities before I was even in the classical, and there was almost certainly no reason I needed to stop. I chose to because of how volatile happiness has been, but I haven't dropped below 80% since. I'm heading towards banking right now for my second wave of settling (Tectonics left a looooooooooooot of open space this map), and I expect to be able to choose my victory condition at leisure.

Edit: Just realized this was in the wrong thread. Damnit.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  15. John.B.C

John.B.C Warlord

UI - Improved City View (Vox Populi EUI) (v 11.0)
    UI - Filters in Trade Route Overview (Vox Populi) (v 1.3)
    Diplomacy Responses Extended (v1)
    Calypso's Colored Religion Icons (Basic) (v 1)
    (ui) City-States Leaders for VP (v 10)

I don't know if these are needed to load the save. But the first problem remains: How can I send you the save?

JamesNinelives likes this.
  16. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

You have the option to Upload a File while you post. Compress your save file first in zip format so civfanatics recognizes the file.