New Beta Version - December 10th (12/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been away from Civ5 for a while and I just discovered the change in city minimum range in this version. What's everyone opinion of it? I like that it reduces the number of city needed to cover the place but, on the other hand, I have a lot more inaccessible resources that I used to. That said, I tend to put my cities close rather than spread out, so I don't know if that'd be everyone else's impression.

Otherwise, great changes since a while back. I like the new monopoly window, the beliefs change (especially for the buildings), the new Tradition tree (though I'd join others regarding the Holy Site, faith in itself isn't quite as valuable a tile yield as others), the war score mechanic.

I've been away from Civ5 for a while and I just discovered the change in city minimum range in this version. What's everyone opinion of it? I like that it reduces the number of city needed to cover the place but, on the other hand, I have a lot more inaccessible resources that I used to. That said, I tend to put my cities close rather than spread out, so I don't know if that'd be everyone else's impression.

I think it is extremely stupid, but I only play standard or smaller maps, so it doesn't bother me much (The distance thing is only active on large or huge maps).

Huh, I see. If this is really a case of Gazebo wanting to decrease the overall number of cities being founded throughout a game, maybe it should be compensated by increasing workable tiles to the fourth ring... although I'm not sure of all the implications of that (or of the actual reason behind this change).

Huh, I see. If this is really a case of Gazebo wanting to decrease the overall number of cities being founded throughout a game, maybe it should be compensated by increasing workable tiles to the fourth ring... although I'm not sure of all the implications of that (or of the actual reason behind this change).

That's memory expensive, so it won't be standard. It's also a request from users - it can be disabled.

G

The math to coup city states may want to be checked. I had four 85% chance fail in a row. I may just be really unlucky.

Just founded the World Congress in 12-10b and I have AIs coming up to me and saying I helped their resolutions fail even though we haven't voted on anything yet.

There's no diplo penalty though (transparent diplomacy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom