New Beta Version - September 6th (9-6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which techs unlock "city attack range" now? I forgot which patch changelog had the information. I was aiming towards mathematics and it occurred to me the recent change.
Not techs-Walls and later Arsenals have it now. Castles buff city attack strength.

Just quit a really dramatic Immortal Portugal game because of Rights of Man bug. Unfortunately I realized too late and it pretty much ruined the most exciting part of the game. Was me starting a war with Eygpt, a tourism runaway that had a massive island all to himself. He was sitting at 80% influence on their last civ. Also had to fend off a warmonger Attilla runaway on the home continent with a Zulu-Venice-Portugal coalition. Zulu distrated the Hun deathfleet in the West with their hordes of outdated units, Venice held the centre choke and waterway with its concentrated military force, and I (alongside vassal Ethiopia) created a great wall with cities and citadels spanning the continent in the East.

After a surprise naval attack, I had just created a beachhead on Eygpt's continent and used Lebensraum of all things to push towards their capital. But I just couldn't keep up with the massive production and science gains from 60+ population cities and soon it was raining Paratroopers. At that point he had stalled so long that I was approaching the unit cap from War Weariness, and the tourism countdown was at 90%, and Egypt had lept ahead 10 techs. The best outcome would have been a stalemate and eventual tourism loss so I forfeited.

---

I'm more or less indifferent about the new religious beliefs. I do feel they've been toned down in power which is to my liking, but I can hardly tell since it's been a while since my last game.

I feel sort of sad about not being able to see too much of the new AI voting priority. Strange vote magnets like Cold War or City State Sanctions were kind of exploitable before. Looking forward to the coming changes to that.

You did get the hotfix right?

You did get the hotfix right?
I did go back and tried it out, but the damage had already been done. Checked with info addict, and the crop yield stat returned to normal so the fix seems to work if you can catch the bug before it changes your game too much.

Just finished up another one as Germany. Standard Small Continents Plus Map, Emperor Difficulty.

For some reason I just got it done this game. I locked down the CS early and just rode the wave. I dominated in every way imaginable this game, and just had some fun lording over my subjects for the game. As well as having some fun with panzers when the AI decided to try one last trick....and I took 6 of their cities in like 4 turns. Hehe lightning warfare in the house!

My only notes. I took holy land this game. The 50% was certainly nice for my Germany with complete control of all CS. I will say I only got 4 holy sites in the game, I could have maybe squeaked out 2 more for another vote, but frankly I did not find it providing more votes than the old version in any meaningful way. Holy Land has the most synergy with Resilience, but even then I don't think I would have had a tremendous amount more. I'll have to try it with a focused religious civ to see what I can really do with that combo. Just as a brainstorm, what if the belief gave 1 vote per combination of 3 holy sites and/or landmarks? Just to give some alternate ways to get the bonus.

Also went Orthodoxy to try it out. It worked fine, but not as dominate as I thought it would. It let me secure my continent pretty well, but my opponent was fairly weak anyway. But it did not cross the ocean in any significant way. I didn't go hard on missionaries (was saving the faith for holy sites) so didn't see any dominant snowball of religion. That said, there was no question of the supremacy of my faith. I didn't even bother with inquisitors, my pressure was high enough in my base to stomp any heretics sniffing around.

I would up winning by culture 1 turn before I had the hegemony vote (which I had in the bag), so just to give some timing notes.

Last note. I've been taking to heart some recent comments about Tradition not having to stay Tall, so the last two games I have tried Tradition openers that evolved into Wide play. And they worked very well. I missed the science and gold of progress, but I got earlier Great Diplomats, stronger early culture, and a lot more GIs. Plus I like Sankore better as a wonder myself. And this addressed the gold concerns I mentioned in previous threads.

I think Holy Land could be 1 vote per holy site or 1 vote for 2 great prophets. If it only counts holy sites (meaning not the prophet that founds or the prophet that enhances) it shouldn't be too strong.

A recurring observation I have relates to AI pantheon and follower belief selection.

In multiple games with the current beta I have noted that almost always the first pantheon selected by the AI is God-King, usually followed by Ancestor Worship and God of Wisdom.

With follower beliefs, all AIs that found a religion regularly avoid beliefs that permit religious buildings, i.e. mosques, orders, stupas, etc.

Has anybody else noticed this?

I'm seeing a weird situation where Rome constantly DoWs and then peaces every other turn with my vassal Korea (but I don't get dragged into the war even as the master of Korea), seemingly breaking rules on how long peace should last. I think I've seen this mentioned before- is there a way to fix it?

Edit: forgot to mention that I have a Defensive Pact with Rome which is maybe contributing to this bug.

I have the same problem in my game : as Mongolia, I have vassalized Carthage, but Songhai attacks it and then makes peace every few turns. If have no defense pact with Songhai.

Question : do yoy use More Unique Component for VP, @crdvis16 ?

I have the same problem in my game : as Mongolia, I have vassalized Carthage, but Songhai attacks it and then makes peace every few turns. If have no defense pact with Songhai.

Question : do yoy use More Unique Component for VP, @crdvis16 ?

Nope, I don't use any mods other than VP with EUI.

I believe in my game Rome and myself were at war with Korea when I vassalized Korea, not sure if that's what caused the issue and led to Rome's constant DoW/peace loop.

I think Holy Land could be 1 vote per holy site or 1 vote for 2 great prophets. If it only counts holy sites (meaning not the prophet that founds or the prophet that enhances) it shouldn't be too strong.

Not sure I understand. I like Stalker’s idea of 1 vote per 2 holy sites and 2 landmarks. Also it’s already setup in the code to work that way! :)

G

Not sure I understand. I like Stalker’s idea of 1 vote per 2 holy sites and 2 landmarks. Also it’s already setup in the code to work that way! :)

G
The original idea was 1 vote per prophet, right? There was agreement it was too much.

Change it to 1 vote per holy site (so effectively # of prophets - 2) would have been balanced IMO. With that said, the landmark thing will be cool too.

The original idea was 1 vote per prophet, right? There was agreement it was too much.

Change it to 1 vote per holy site (so effectively # of prophets - 2) would have been balanced IMO. With that said, the landmark thing will be cool too.
I guess holy sites that you haven't planted won't count? (Like academies for a Scientist bulb boost)

I've noticed the last several version updates were Betas. What is considered the most recent "official" version? I am still enjoying v5-20.

Stumbled on a minor glitch that I haven't seen before, not 100% related to this version.
I also use the latest promotions mod (only affects visuals) that I haven't used before.
If I chat with someone else and go back to Harald the denounce will change to the latest person I chatted with.
When pressing the button it says I'm denouncing Harald and it works as intended, I did get a bit confused by it tho.

"Harald now wants to be known as Dido..."

upload_2018-9-11_15-17-52.png

I've noticed the last several version updates were Betas. What is considered the most recent "official" version? I am still enjoying v5-20.
Versions with major balance changes are labelled Beta.
Next official version will be:
1) When the religion and policy changes will be stabilized
2) And no new major bug discovered

I think Tradition is too strong for early rushing. Wasn't Authority meant to be the tree for that? In this regard it's absolutely eclipsed by Tradition now if you just go opener into +Production in the capital route, units just make themselves and you can cripple the enemies much easier. I don't think Tradition should be the warmongerer tree, and it pretty much is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom