1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Civ Tweet... what could this be?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ozymandias9891, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

On the otherhand Ed said during recent interviews that he can't promise a Diplomatic Victory is in the works. So either they're too early in the expansion's development cycle to say for sure that it will be in, they're pretty far along and he's not tipping his cards, or they have no intentions of adding a DV and he just doesn't want to say so. If it's the former then I don't expect an expansion reveal tomorrow. If it's either of the latter two then you may very well be correct in your assessment.

2. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Or, it's not a traditional diplomatic victory and somewhat linked with something else (economy for example).

3. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

Well, if they announce the expansion tomorrow, hopes are up for a spring release?

4. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

I'd like for diplomatic victory to be a pseudo-victory, which instead just makes co-operative victory possible - in one of the other categories. However, designing such a co-operative victory is neither easy or simple. Many discussions have been had on this subject. The point I'm trying to make here is that I don't believe Firaxis could do it right in the time we're talking about.

I think what we can take away from the tweet video, along with Ed's interview appearances, is that some kind of revolution/destabilization content is appearing. Something that can "cause empires to crumble, wars to break out, major coalitions to form - generally just increasing the level of mayhem in the world" is what Ed's got his eyes on. From his own mouth. The cycle from the information era to the stone age is (hopefully!) hyperbole, but that is the resonant note for me.

5. marius_kaparius

marius_kaparius Warlord

It's probably Civilization Revolution 3 right? Because of the turning wheel?

masda_gib, craney1987 and liv like this.
  6. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

<8 hours. All aboard the hype train.

Ozymandias9891 and RohirrimElf like this.
  7. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

I reckon it will be... CIVILIZATION VII!!

8. PibbZ

PibbZ Paladin

I'm hoping for:
    • Babylonian Civ
    • An Explorer unit to fill the massive gap between Scout and Ranger (Maybe a gunpowder melee unit)
    • Fixing the bug where you get a diplo hit for not moving troops away from borders from civs which you have open borders with
    • Making the AI more capable at naval and air warfare (maybe even warfare in general, but they lack especially in naval and air combat)
    • An event log history, to keep track of all the delegation gossip that disappear way too quickly
    • And finally, a finished MAP EDITOR

9. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

I'd like a fix for the AI path finding algorithm(s). I suppose many of us have
    seen AI units stranded on shores, or borders, seemingly unable, or unwilling to
    proceed to where-ever they were going.

The screenshot shows a scout that, according to the path algorithm could move
    to Point 14 on the path. However, I don't have the required tech, so if I
    accepted the suggestion, until I discovered ship building, it would stay on the
    coast, just looking out wistfully over the sea and thinking of the family back
    home.

I think that's what is happening with the AI units too. They're not dead, they're just
    pining for the fjords.

aipathfail.jpg

Uberfrog likes this.
  10. Turrdy

Turrdy Prince

looks like the algorithm assumes the tile at 2 could still be land because it is still undiscovered (and not water, as it obviously is because of the coastline, but only visible to the human eye) and therefore goes for that path. I think that auto-moves should be interrupted as soon as conditions change, so when the algorith discovers that it is indeed water, the player gets notified and the unit awaits further orders...

11. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Yes, that's what I think is happening in this particular situation.

I agree. But there are other situations in which it should take other actions,
    particularly for the AIs.

12. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

3 hours.

Hawke9, Noble Zarkon and IdiotStyle like this.
  13. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

It's not a board game and I'm convinced it's too early / bad timing for an expansion (just after a heavy sales period) so what could it be???

14. Benzombie

Benzombie Warlord

Today's the day boys! Where will you be when this is announced?

Hawke9 likes this.
  15. unpossible251

unpossible251 Warlord

gabbo! Gabbo! GABBO!

16. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

In the very chair I am sitting in right now, doing thermodynamics (or maybe math) exercises.

17. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

oh, will it be 16 CET time?

18. Haig

Haig Deity

It's my day off from work, I'll be on my computer sipping coffee and having goosebumps. :)

19. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

I think that's right. 7am Pacific Time is 4pm CET (and 3pm for me). :thumbsup:

EDIT: I'll be at work but not working too hard, obviously.

Victoria likes this.
  20. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Are thermodynamics exercises ones where you run around a room bouncing off der Waals?

Leyrann and WillowBrook like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.