New Civ Tweet... what could this be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how everyone is jumping on the GH bandwagon (with so many repetitions from earlier topics) but where is the actual relation between the Tweet, the announcement, and the GH? GH was a depot created a long while ago. The annoucement could be completely unrelated, couldn't it be? Or did I miss something? Have they started updating GH? Have they kept updating GH throughout?
My strongest desire at this moment in time is a World Builder. I really wish to make my own maps. Second wish is a more interesting mid and late game. I just find myself either not finishing games, or having to start a game in a later era to keep it interesting.

Are you certain that's the right spelling?

No, curtain sounds correct. Smart people in Australia avoid the light during
summer and winter. I think The Go-Go Cult say it quite poetically...

I love how everyone is jumping on the GH bandwagon (with so many repetitions from earlier topics) but where is the actual relation between the Tweet, the announcement, and the GH? GH was a depot created a long while ago. The annoucement could be completely unrelated, couldn't it be? Or did I miss something? Have they started updating GH? Have they kept updating GH throughout?
My strongest desire at this moment in time is a World Builder. I really wish to make my own maps. Second wish is a more interesting mid and late game. I just find myself either not finishing games, or having to start a game in a later era to keep it interesting.

I brought up GH because it's funny watching everyone start trying to guess what it means. So blame me.:mischief:

There is no known connection at this time.

Both GH and the tweet are red herrings. They're both attempts to mislead us from what Firaxis actually want to add for Civ VI.

However, it's always fun to speculate, red herring or not.

Less than 26 hours to go!

Do we have any evidence that this is a live stream? The time of day is when the first looks are typically posted, not live streams.

All I'm expecting is a YouTube notification that there's something new posted on the civ channel, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Both GH and the tweet are red herrings. They're both attempts to mislead us from what Firaxis actually want to add for Civ VI.

However, it's always fun to speculate, red herring or not.

Red Herring ?
Sounds like a Native American name.
Was there some famous chief named Red Herring ?

This looks like a segment from a trailer. Firaxis only makes cinematic trailers for games and expansions, not DLC. The announcement is earlier than I expected. The only other thing that this could possibly be for is a mobile game.

I'm expecting an expansion announcement. Getting a bit pre-hyped about it since it will mean lots of cool new features and additions.

What if GH actually stands for Great Hats? :hatsoff: Just imagine it: it's a leaders pack that includes leaders like Lincoln with a top hat, Suleiman with his magnificent turban and, of course, the return of Pacal with his amazing giant hat from Civ V! :bowdown:

Also, 20 hours left!

What if GH actually stands for Great Hats? :hatsoff: Just imagine it: it's a leaders pack that includes leaders like Lincoln with a top hat, Suleiman with his magnificent turban and, of course, the return of Pacal with his amazing giant hat from Civ V! :bowdown:

Also, 20 hours left!

That would be a way to add "recurrent consumer spending", aka microtransactions. Buy our Loot Box for a chance to get a legendary Lincoln's hat!! :dance:

Ed Beach is also blatantly teasing major additions on these "research day" trips around the DC area. I should try to coordinate lol. He tweeted about the Berlin Wall and the C&O Canal. The Canal is pretty obvious....sounds like they could be working on a future tile improvement design plus a world wonder Panama Canal. Berlin Wall is a little less obvious to me, but it would potentially be indicative of civil unrest/internal strife and something built to address it in a city center? harder for me to narrow that down to a practical game implementation as we currently know it which to me suggests expansion content.

https://twitter.com/EdBeach23

Ed Beach is also blatantly teasing major additions on these "research day" trips around the DC area. I should try to coordinate lol. He tweeted about the Berlin Wall and the C&O Canal. The Canal is pretty obvious....sounds like they could be working on a future tile improvement design plus a world wonder Panama Canal. Berlin Wall is a little less obvious to me, but it would potentially be indicative of civil unrest/internal strife and something built to address it in a city center? harder for me to narrow that down to a practical game implementation as we currently know it which to me suggests expansion content.

https://twitter.com/EdBeach23

We were discussing that in another thread. The Berlin Wall could be a Wonder. Or it could be related to a leader ability for a German alt-leader. The Wonder only makes sense if it relates to espionage (which the BW wasn't that good at preventing) or if there is some kind of immigration/emigration feature.

We were discussing that in another thread. The Berlin Wall could be a Wonder. Or it could be related to a leader ability for a German alt-leader. The Wonder only makes sense if it relates to espionage (which the BW wasn't that good at preventing) or if there is some kind of immigration/emigration feature.
Where could you possibly build it?

Where could you possibly build it?

As a Wonder? I can't imagine any historically-accurate parameters that wouldn't be highly situational in the game, I'm afraid. To be honest, I'm leaning towards a leader ability. Although Helmut Kohl (who would be a great Civ leader) died far too recently to be a realistic choice, and Willy Brandt didn't have much to do with the Wall except criticize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom