New Civ5 Expansion coming? One World?

It's been over a month, announce it already, :mad:

I know why all the secrecy? Since most of us are buying it anyway, at least acknowledge something about it. Anything at all!

Not everything that is found in Steam's databases is assured to be real, there's been a Final Fantasy game listed in there for YEARS.

Something in me says that is not the case this time. I am not worried about whether or not we get it, just when. :)

well it could just be the rest of that unfinished civil war scenario they had in G&K too :confused:

They probably will have that scenario with the expansion. Keep in mind America is not one world it is only one nation after the war.

well it could just be the rest of that unfinished civil war scenario they had in G&K too :confused:

They probably will have that scenario with the expansion. Keep in mind America is not one world it is only one nation after the war. So I am not sure what your point is? :confused:

Anyway they should announce it soon. Everyone has been talking about it for weeks. I wonder though which reputable source saw the posting in the steam database to begin with? It was all over the internet in a very short time. CiV has become very popular over time. That is the biggest reason I feel a second expansion is coming out.

Not everything that is found in Steam's databases is assured to be real, there's been a Final Fantasy game listed in there for YEARS.

Except that does exist, and the deal fell through. SquareEnix made it exclusive to their own shop.

It was never made available on Steam though (and hopefully it will stay that way), they added it to the database before they even had a confirmed deal. Like I said, no guarantee it will ever actually end up on Steam just because it is in the database.

It was never made available on Steam though (and hopefully it will stay that way), they added it to the database before they even had a confirmed deal. Like I said, no guarantee it will ever actually end up on Steam just because it is in the database.

But it does mean that it exists, which was what I was correcting. Steam's not added categories for anything that doesn't exist, just games they didn't end up adding to their service.

...and given that Civ5 requires steam, the point is still moot. It exists, and it will be on Steam.

All that it means is that they added an entry for One World, it could very well have been canceled since then it was added, since they clearly will add things before they are 100% going to be released on Steam.

I'm sure it would be great to have another expansion for Civ5, although it wouldn't fix its biggest problems, and it may still happen, but this is not an certain confirmation. Pretty dick move to release a gold edition and then announce the expansion you have been working on all along afterwards too, if they go that route.

Pretty dick move to release a gold edition and then announce the expansion you have been working on all along afterwards too, if they go that route.

But... why??
They try to get everyone to the same level, before the new expansion
The expansion One World, and this so called Gold Edition are strengthening each other
The name might be misleading (clear marketing choice, as always), but that doesn't really matter
Releasing this pack and announcing the new expansion more or less at the same time benefits both Firaxis and the players

Btw, they did the same with Civ IV BtS
A gold edition (or whatever it was called) came out a few days before the new expansion was announced

But... why??
They try to get everyone to the same level, before the new expansion
The expansion One World, and this so called Gold Edition are strengthening each other
The name might be misleading (clear marketing choice, as always), but that doesn't really matter
Releasing this pack and announcing the new expansion more or less at the same time benefits both Firaxis and the players

Btw, they did the same with Civ IV BtS
A gold edition (or whatever it was called) came out a few days before the new expansion was announced

I wish that happened. Oddly enough it didn't. Now I am having second doubts.

I wish that happened. Oddly enough it didn't. Now I am having second doubts.

There's still some time anyway... So, its still a maybe situation... The name 'one world' has gone deeply on our heads already, it would be bad if it wasn't true hehe.

A hope doesn't cost anything, so why don't we hope

Hopefully hope ends up costing $29.99. :lol:

Have the makers of Civ5 ever denied that there was an expansion soon?
Not at all. They are up to something. I said the same before they announced GnK came out.

It's less than 2 months
And it will be happening tomorrow ;) :mischief:

Top Bottom